Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 11-12-2019, 12:00 AM   #461
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I guess what makes me sad is that Superman has poor paint apps and some had ill-fitting capes, and upon discovering all those issue and entire new set was made. Yet nothing has even been hinted at for Catwoman where the paints are great, but the arms look horrible and no care was taken with those attachment points.

Chad needs to double check some more pieces bc his stunning art direction is being overshadowed by some major production issues. Superman, Wonder Woman and Catwoman have been wonky. Batman, Supergirl, MM, and Donna have been great.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:27 AM   #462
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleDonut View Post
Unboxed mine tonight.

PROS: It's a really beautiful statue, notably quite a bit taller when beside Batman. The paint applications are simply excellent; totally flawless and the colours are appropriately muted a bit so you get the pop but it's not cartoony at all. Be very careful inserting her into the base -- take your time and try to put both in at the same time to avoid scraping the base with the straight leg. Once she's in, she's rock solid. The base itself is super nice (the lion head looks great) and the jewel bag is exceptionally well done. Just a spectacular base.

CONS: The attachment joints at the arms are, yeah, disappointing. One is far more flush than the other. It's not going to kill your enjoyment of the statue but it looks crappy when you focus on it and it does break up the flow of the statue. They look crude. I wish they had stuck with the design in the promotional image.

FUTURE CONCERNS: I sincerely hope this is not indicative of a general direction Tweeterhead is going in with future releases.

Thank you for the review!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:29 AM   #463
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I guess what makes me sad is that Superman has poor paint apps and some had ill-fitting capes, and upon discovering all those issue and entire new set was made. Yet nothing has even been hinted at for Catwoman where the paints are great, but the arms look horrible and no care was taken with those attachment points.

Chad needs to double check some more pieces bc his stunning art direction is being overshadowed by some major production issues. Superman, Wonder Woman and Catwoman have been wonky. Batman, Supergirl, MM, and Donna have been great.
You can add Kandor, Mister Mxyzptlk, Harley, Joker and The Hyenas to the great list.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:33 AM   #464
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

And you can add the upcoming Cheetah to the wonky Neck Seam list.
MisterJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 10:18 AM   #465
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
You can add Kandor, Mister Mxyzptlk, Harley, Joker and The Hyenas to the great list.
How did I forget Harley?! You're right, she is great I am hoping Starfire comes out wonderfully. She is the perfect version of Starfire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
And you can add the upcoming Cheetah to the wonky Neck Seam list.
Yea, along we me canceling WW because of the neck seam/gap, this is why I didn't order Cheetah. Huge fear of it being horrible.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:28 AM   #466
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Yea, along we me canceling WW because of the neck seam/gap, this is why I didn't order Cheetah. Huge fear of it being horrible.
Did you see WW in person? Or did you cancel because of people reviews?
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:01 AM   #467
MapleDonut
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
I had no issues with my Wonder Woman as the head attachment fit totally flush and you can't see even notice it unless you bend down to look under her chin.
MapleDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:14 PM   #468
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
I had no issues with my Wonder Woman as the head attachment fit totally flush and you can't see even notice it unless you bend down to look under her chin.
Same here.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:27 PM   #469
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
In hand photos of people on here. There were enough that I know would have bothered my OCD to not risk the struggles of purchasing/returning.

I might regret that later, but as of now I don't.

And since I don't love WW as much as I do Catwoman, I'm willing to bite the bullet with Selina. This is a grail statue for me as it's my favorite look for her.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:41 PM   #470
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Same here.
I had no issues with the regular bodice but the head wouldn't sit flush on the exclusive classic one. It left a huge gap I could easily slide a credit card into and it didn't sit straight on the legs. Luckily the bodice I wanted to display was the one it fit on properly.

I can probably mess with the Exclusive one with a file to get it to straighten out but decided I was never going to use it so why bother.