Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-09-2019, 07:53 PM   #951
Vader
Ghost

I'm trying to pick up fewer pieces, but good ones that I will hold on to. Even if prices are good, if you buy too many, you end up losing money.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 07:53 PM   #952
Vader
Ghost

there's not much of a resale on these pieces anymore.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:08 PM   #953
Tarksis
Justice League

Im working on some lighting and will try and get you some pics soon.
Tarksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 08:22 PM   #954
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarksis View Post
Im working on some lighting and will try and get you some pics soon.
Thanks man.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:42 AM   #955
Rav
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
there's not much of a resale on these pieces anymore.
Pretty much, the high Edition Sizes and multiple iterations of the same character, combined with different companies pumping out stuff makes these statues no longer very limited collectibles with a few exceptions.
Rav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 02:34 AM   #956
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
I think sideshow is just jumping on the badwagon.
I see what you did there
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 02:56 AM   #957
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
That might make sense.

But knowing GREEDSHOW there going to want it all and will have to hit optimal price to meet maximum satisfaction.

Selling 150 of a certain statue because they know it’s overpriced ain’t going to give them the fix they need.

Moreover just because a few buy doesn’t mean it represents the true market. Last time I checked sideshow is sitting on a bunch of statues they can’t move. Let’s see how long it takes for this hulk and juggs to really sell out.

Keep fighting the good fight I say. Don’t let GREEDSHOW think they make the rules. Hold on to your money. It feels good.
I dont know about everyone else. But once they went over that $500+ price point for their standard minimalistic looking PF's, I just havent been ordering anything much from Sideshow, except select characters from other companies producing characters that Im invested in. I used to order at least 15-20 statues a year. Ive seen others that said they used to order 30-50 a year.

Im sure Sideshow lost a lot more money when people stopped ordering as much because of their higher price points, rather than "profiting" from raising prices, and keeping them at lowered edition sizes, . Hence the reason why theyre selling odd ball products now, looking for revenue from other outlets, selling diamond dusted art prints, celebirty photographs, collectible trading cards, etc.

Like seriously, is this a joke? This right here makes them look foolish trying to offload these. Theyve lost all credibility after seeing this, in my eyes. Theyre trying to sell the illustration like the guy is holding a gem in his hand. lmao!

Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 06:02 AM   #958
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
I dont know about everyone else. But once they went over that $500+ price point for their standard minimalistic looking PF's, I just havent been ordering anything much from Sideshow, except select characters from other companies producing characters that Im invested in. I used to order at least 15-20 statues a year. Ive seen others that said they used to order 30-50 a year.

Im sure Sideshow lost a lot more money when people stopped ordering as much because of their higher price points, rather than "profiting" from raising prices, and keeping them at lowered edition sizes, . Hence the reason why theyre selling odd ball products now, looking for revenue from other outlets, selling diamond dusted art prints, celebirty photographs, collectible trading cards, etc.

Like seriously, is this a joke? This right here makes them look foolish trying to offload these. Theyve lost all credibility after seeing this, in my eyes. Theyre trying to sell the illustration like the guy is holding a gem in his hand. lmao!

That’s not even a Sideshow product. They are just the distributor.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 06:56 AM   #959
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
That’s not even a Sideshow product. They are just the distributor.
I didnt say their own product. I said, other outlets of revenue. Pretty sure they discuss price point and percentage of the cut before they decide to put it up for sale on their own website.

Here are more examples...

Or their $4k diamond dusted prints. You can get a real diamond for $4k. lol

Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 09:36 AM   #960
Vader
Ghost

I think the market dictates the approach. Product saturation has limited the demand. So they have more chances generating profit from higher pricing and low production runs. If they were to sell for less and increase production, they would be left with more inventory and less profit overall.