Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 01-23-2020, 07:17 PM   #241
gearhead
The Herculoids

The base is huge, and basically 19" in diameter, so it seems very stable to me. I'd think about putting some weights in the bottom of the column you're building to add even more stability. More weight for your floor!
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:20 PM   #242
gearhead
The Herculoids

Actually, it's probably a little less than 19" in diameter, I was measuring from the back of his wings which stick out a bit past the back of the base. Sorry, not home to measure at the moment.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:39 PM   #243
gearhead
The Herculoids

Looking at this statue makes me realize how awesome a live action Hawkman COULD be, IF handled correctly, and this is exactly how he should look. I know he and Hawkgirl are rumored to be in the upcoming Black Adam movie so I can only hope they do it right, and if well received, maybe their own movie sometime after that.
DC's (probably more accurately Warner Bros.) track record doesn't exactly inspire me with confidence however. Personally, I think they should ditch the whole Thanagar angle and focus on the ancient Egypt, reincarnated cursed lover story. Maybe still have the Nth metal still be from a found spacecraft or even just a meteor for simplicity. DC has totally muddied up the Hawks backstory and they really need to trim the fat if they go to film.
Old 01-23-2020, 08:04 PM   #244
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
Looking at this statue makes me realize how awesome a live action Hawkman COULD be, IF handled correctly, and this is exactly how he should look. I know he and Hawkgirl are rumored to be in the upcoming Black Adam movie so I can only hope they do it right, and if well received, maybe their own movie sometime after that.
DC's (probably more accurately Warner Bros.) track record doesn't exactly inspire me with confidence however. Personally, I think they should ditch the whole Thanagar angle and focus on the ancient Egypt, reincarnated cursed lover story. Maybe still have the Nth metal still be from a found spacecraft or even just a meteor for simplicity. DC has totally muddied up the Hawks backstory and they really need to trim the fat if they go to film.
Well they have sort of done live action Hawkman’s in both the Smallville and Legends of Tomorrow tv shows......though I guess that might not count to many.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 08:11 PM   #245
gearhead
The Herculoids

I'm aware of those, but I feel that because of design and budget they failed to capture how cool he could be. Hence the COULD and IF above. Just my opinion.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:22 PM   #246
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
Actually, it's probably a little less than 19" in diameter, I was measuring from the back of his wings which stick out a bit past the back of the base. Sorry, not home to measure at the moment.
Based on the measurements in the studio pics, I estimated about 17" for the bottom surface diameter.
The overhang for the wings in the back and the beak in front would add about 5" to that to get to the 22" depth in the specs.

With the overhang of the wings in back and side to side, I just wanted to make sure the weight wasn't biased to one side or the other. It looks like the figure is well centered, but the fig's right side wing looks like it extends out more to starboard side, with the fig's left wing being closer to the body.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 06:15 PM   #247
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
Congratulations to all who ordered and had the space for this grail!

Iron Studios is seriously killing it with this and the best Hulk ever made.

Two grails in a row! Who else can say the same?

OK OK, probably Prime 1 and XM but still, it's really an accomplishment.
very true Neb. iron Studios knocked it out of the park on this one and hulk with reasonable prices.

I'm becoming a fan very quickly now.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 06:16 PM   #248
Biggunz
Loki

[QUOTE=Subby1938;5828966]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
Congratulations to all who ordered and had the space for this grail!

Iron Studios is making some nice stuff. The punisher was cool too
best punisher to date no doubt.

i think their daredevil will be the best to date as well.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:24 PM   #249
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I forgot about that one . I’m not a big fan of the IS hulk but... for what you get size wise for the price it’s kinda hard to beat that . IS is showing companies what can be achieved for the consumer I like that a lot .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 12:03 PM   #250
Voorheesj
Doh!

This may be a dumb question, but iron studios and sideshow site says “includes art print by Ivan Reis”.

I took this to mean an actual art print but I received nothing extra. Am I just misinterpreting?
Voorheesj is offline   Reply With Quote