Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-09-2020, 09:54 PM   #771
CWalker
The Avengers

Congrats, will be a centerpiece of most collections.
CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 08:28 AM   #772
DANIEL RAND
The Spirit

Yes. I have a few statues to receive this year, and the Hulk is my favorite. And after I put this masterpiece on the side of the other pieces in my collection, I feel that Thanos, Ghost Rider, Dark Phoenix and others will have a partner worthy of competition.

I hope that XM does not extend the delivery date. The 12th opens the Harley Quinn PO, at which point the team updates the sculptures' delivery forecasts. Let's wait.
DANIEL RAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 11:47 AM   #773
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Fingers crossed
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 12:31 PM   #774
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Meh... This one is a better depiction of the transformation. Not a better sculpt, but a better concept.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hulktransf.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	305.1 KB
ID:	128518  

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 02:55 PM   #775
CWalker
The Avengers

Would have to see it done at XM quality to make that judgement. (IMO)
Old 02-10-2020, 03:23 PM   #776
adee
Green Arrow

I think the concept comes from the Alex Ross Hulk and Banner painting. At least the Hulk looks like it was. That's the cover I'd display this piece with.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 03:59 PM   #777
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

That transformation is def better but I’m not buying this for banner . The Hulk is a master piece on his own . I like option of banner but not needed .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 06:26 PM   #778
CWalker
The Avengers

^ Agreed
Old 02-10-2020, 06:46 PM   #779
Zolos
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I love the pose xm choosed for hulk.
Zolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:33 AM   #780
DANIEL RAND
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
Meh... This one is a better depiction of the transformation. Not a better sculpt, but a better concept.
I imagine that the XM designers thought a lot before defining the Hulk Transformation as we know it today. Certainly, a sculpture similar to the one shown in the photo was thought and rethought several times. However, when you put all this in the price calculator, they realized that the final cost of the piece would be quite high.

However, high cost does not seem to be the problem of XM when defining its releases. Hulkbuster, Sentinel XM and Darkside Vs LJA are there to prove it. However, perhaps that was not the central idea when they decided to launch the Hulk Transformation. They wanted a piece that would immortalize the transformation, but at the same time be a little more accessible, since the Hulk is one of the most cultured characters in pop culture, and soon, many people would like to have this piece at home.

After all, just like today several collectors say that they would rather buy the Hulk simply, and discard the Banner, imagine how many people would not say the same thing in front of a piece with three sculptures (including the Hulkbanner as the second phase of the transformation). There would be a shower of negative criticism and phrases like "can I just buy the Hulk and leave the other two pieces out of the package?"

Therefore, I am very satisfied with the result of XM. And keep in mind that Banner, kneeling, with both hands squeezing his head (in an attempt to contain the monster that howls from the inside out) already shows evident signs of what would be the third step of the transformation. His clothes start to tear in the face of the enormous increase in muscle mass and his eyes sparkle, warning the world that something never seen breaks through him, boosted by the green and devastating effect of gamma radiation.
DANIEL RAND is offline   Reply With Quote