Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 03-21-2020, 01:27 PM   #621
drpl88
Frackin!

Statue looks good. Nothing wrong with it imo.
Agreed its priced too high considering the simple base and minimal details...
but for Cammy fans and those who collect 1:3, this is prob gonna be the best we will get in the next several years...and PCS knows that...
drpl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 01:30 PM   #622
qz33
Rescue

It only has to do with manufacturing costs and their model to produce fewer pieces for those willing to pay a premium. PCS does not have the manufacturing leverage of larger companies or pieces priced 6-12 months ago nor the benefit of large actually produced ES's.

And clearly with their cash problems their past pricing strategies were delusional.

Basically what everyone was accustomed to with PCS was never sustainable.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 01:52 PM   #623
actionjackson83
Midnighter

There's no point in preordering if they're going to cancel the statues due to low orders and take your money in the process. We shouldn't trust PCS on anything moving forward until they commit to creating a statue, and buy when it's actually released.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 03:17 PM   #624
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
There's no point in preordering if they're going to cancel the statues due to low orders and take your money in the process. We shouldn't trust PCS on anything moving forward until they commit to creating a statue, and buy when it's actually released.
You talk of Jerry M. era PCS

New PCS sales are taken via Sideshow Collectibles, so i think anyone pre_ordering is safe. By safe, i mean if the piece fails to happen you will receive any monies paid. I think Cammy 1/3 will sell, even at that high price. There might a couple hanging around towards the end, and possibly a deal to be had
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 04:00 PM   #625
actionjackson83
Midnighter

did you not see everyone that got new Raiden, shao khan on a throne and one other statue that didn't get a refund for their deposits despite them being cancelled!? They asked sideshow customer service for a refund, and SS CS said they don't handle that and to go get it from sales@pcstoys.com or just get SS credit back.
Old 03-21-2020, 04:17 PM   #626
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Preorderd the 3 set with SSC. Done. Paid.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 04:43 PM   #627
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
did you not see everyone that got new Raiden, shao khan on a throne and one other statue that didn't get a refund for their deposits despite them being cancelled!? They asked sideshow customer service for a refund, and SS CS said they don't handle that and to go get it from sales@pcstoys.com or just get SS credit back.
As far as i recall, wasn't Jerry still on board at PCS around this time, as i recall him showing the pieces at a con via a YouTube video. Shortly after the con Jerry had moved on from PCS, as a result of artistic differences with the new owners.
Old 03-21-2020, 04:50 PM   #628
actionjackson83
Midnighter

these statues were sold on Pre-order last year... way after Jerry left the company.
Old 03-21-2020, 05:00 PM   #629
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Don't know your Problems with the statue guys. PCS is one of the few Companies who offers high Quality Street Fighter statues and comparing Prime1 with PCS prices isn't really fair. Prime1 has the big and hot licences and the demand on batman statues is far higher than on street fighter statues, showing in their Edition sizes. On such low Edition sizes you have to cut the costs on details otherwise you get a 3k pricetag like the venompool piece to justify the amount of Quality.

Cammy turned out great and eventho I am not gonna purchase her myself, I'm glad there is at least someone who crafts SF statues at such high Level. Can't wait for the Sakura statue to be released.
Westhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 05:36 PM   #630
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westhelle View Post
Don't know your Problems with the statue guys. PCS is one of the few Companies who offers high Quality Street Fighter statues and comparing Prime1 with PCS prices isn't really fair. Prime1 has the big and hot licences and the demand on batman statues is far higher than on street fighter statues, showing in their Edition sizes. On such low Edition sizes you have to cut the costs on details otherwise you get a 3k pricetag like the venompool piece to justify the amount of Quality.

Cammy turned out great and eventho I am not gonna purchase her myself, I'm glad there is at least someone who crafts SF statues at such high Level. Can't wait for the Sakura statue to be released.
Sakura 1/4 looks great, the non smiling portrait atleast.
I'm still tempted to pick that piece up