Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-26-2020, 09:33 AM   #2321
RossMcCollector
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
I think both Archangel and Psylocke look good. And yea this could definetly stand on its own. Glad there is a few.

But Damn, how is it IS is dropping all these new X-Men reveals, but SS can't give us ANYTHING. I know IS has had these in development for a while now, but still.
Totally agree!! I've been annoying Daniel Bel every now and then, and of course he is not allowed to tell us anything except they are working on bunch of cool stuff.

It's just annoying how SS's model is not revealing any future projects until they have the official marketing pics of the actual proto...I'm sure some of these reveals got delayed cause of C19, and I wish they just change their way and show some of future projects even if they are not 100% ready just to have some uplifting news during these tough times.
RossMcCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:06 AM   #2322
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossMcCollector View Post
-Storm is about to thunder the ---- out of the sentinel
-Pysloke is done with this Sentinel and shifting her focus on the next one
-Archangel flying by to save some pedestrians
-Kitty was thrown up there by Colossus to disassemble the knee joints

See? a little of imagination will take you a long way, and I know you Peedi have plenty of it
It just shouldn’t take all that. Compared to the other Sentinels this one just comes across as less cohesive.

For Storm I can see she’s attacking but her body position relative to the Sentinel doesn’t make much sense. She’s doing a whole lot to accomplish a little bit.
Peedi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:39 AM   #2323
RossMcCollector
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
It just shouldn’t take all that. Compared to the other Sentinels this one just comes across as less cohesive.

For Storm I can see she’s attacking but her body position relative to the Sentinel doesn’t make much sense. She’s doing a whole lot to accomplish a little bit.
Maybe that was their art direction and intention to have this Sentinel different than the other 2, and have most of the xmen's attention involved away from him unlike the other 2.

Anyway, and to keep this topic on track.....Sideshow, show me some new 1/4 scale X-MEN!!!!
RossMcCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:59 AM   #2324
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossMcCollector View Post
It's just annoying how SS's model is not revealing any future projects until they have the official marketing pics of the actual proto...
I used to be annoyed as well but then again, SS used to reveal stuff too early and numerous things were cancelled. It’s probably for the best they play tight with reveals.

Just a few cancelled previews:

Cyclops Legendary Scale Bust...I’d STILL buy this

Preview art for Extremis Iron Man PF

I don’t like the movie much but I was really looking forward to this.

Or take Cable. I spotted the current Cable PF back in 2014 mixed into the same calendar artwork above with the cancelled Extremis Iron Man PF and Igo confirmed it.

2014:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I've stated this before but I still think what was or is intended to be the Cable PF is here between the Alien (and no, it's not a part of the alien, look at the outline of the pic, the Alien pic lays over Cable), Hellboy and Gamorrean Guard.

My guess is "Second Coming" Cable PF when he came back to the current timeline. Whoever it is has an X belt and the bottom of the pic, right above the cancelled Extremis Iron Man PF, the rubble says "Xavier". Maybe it got cancelled or is still in development if it is Cable?[/IMG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
Good eye. Yes, it is Cable. We started one, it was a bit of a mash-up / our own design that I think fans would dig. It's been on a development hiatus for a bit, we cant make everything unfortunately...
It finally came out last year. I’d rather not even know they have a Nightcrawler sitting around if it’ll be another 5 years before we get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
At one point, a few years ago, we had a Daken and an Iron Patriot PF planned, along with a Dark Avengers Dio to go with our Dark X-Men Dio. But they all got scrapped.
I’d rather they handle it like Daken, we never knew about it and we were told after the fact, or nowadays it appears to be just don’t tell us anything at all.
Peedi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 12:03 PM   #2325
SONICobra
Batman

that cyclops bust looks like it would have been promising, would love to see an astonishing cyke pf
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 12:35 PM   #2326
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I was really looking forward to that Spidey movie statue. I loved that costume. I was pissed when that was scrapped.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 01:48 PM   #2327
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Cyclops, like Storm, has far better costumes since the Lee era. That's why I would like a fresh start. Emma keeps getting her newer clothes, why not anybody else.

As for LSB -- I would buy a good Storm one in a heartbeat. Her original suit lends best to that look because she still has her tiara. I am shocked that Phoenix and Dark Phoenix were never made.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 01:48 PM   #2328
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Damn you, Posting Monster!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 01:50 PM   #2329
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I would have bought a Star Lord. Didn't they release Groot, Rocket, Gamora & Angela, but NO Star Lord or Drax? Seems strange.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 01:52 PM   #2330
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Cyclops, like Storm, has far better costumes since the Lee era. That's why I would like a fresh start. Emma keeps getting her newer clothes, why not anybody else.

As for LSB -- I would buy a good Storm one in a heartbeat. Her original suit lends best to that look because she still has her tiara. I am shocked that Phoenix and Dark Phoenix were never made.
Storm original costume LSB would be a dream come true.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote