Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 03-26-2020, 12:44 PM   #1601
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I just hope he can stay in business.
I'm hoping Chad, my LCS, favorite restaurants and bars can all stay in business.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 12:49 PM   #1602
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I hope that as well. Yes there were issues in the past and so many things were improving and did improve over the past few months. Unfortunately these delays now are so unavoidable I do hope that as much as collectors can in these unsure economic times that they will not jump ship totally. Since I am singe, no spouse or partner, no kids, no pets and not even a plant, I feel it is easier for someone in my position to still stay onboard (plus I rent so no mortgage). I wonder what this will do to alot of statue companies since it does seem that most are produced in China.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 11:39 PM   #1603
PeachFuzz
A day without sunshine is like... night.

What happened to the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman 2-Part statue? I ordered both. Are these still in China?
PeachFuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:40 AM   #1604
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachFuzz View Post
What happened to the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman 2-Part statue? I ordered both. Are these still in China?
Yes.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 12:32 PM   #1605
Acolyte
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
my understanding is that Mattel recommended a few tweaks to Hordak
Please excuse my dumb question, but is it common to recommend tweaks and changes after the product has already been printed? Wouldn´t it be more efficient to look at a 3D model and recommend changes before printing?
Acolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 02:21 PM   #1606
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acolyte View Post
Please excuse my dumb question, but is it common to recommend tweaks and changes after the product has already been printed? Wouldn´t it be more efficient to look at a 3D model and recommend changes before printing?
It happens all the time to all companies.

I would think it would give a much better impression to have one printed out. It's not like TH did the entire run of 500+ pieces, and then scrapped something. It's one prototype. Also, it might be easier to see and compare changes if it's printed.

Say Matter THOUGHT something would look better, but once printed and on the statue the original design worked better? Far easier to swap and look, spin it around, see the textures...and then make a final decision.

But this response is coming from a person who likes to feel, touch, and see finished products. 3D renders are nice, but not always the same.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 02:26 PM   #1607
Acolyte
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
It happens all the time to all companies.

I would think it would give a much better impression to have one printed out. It's not like TH did the entire run of 500+ pieces, and then scrapped something. It's one prototype. Also, it might be easier to see and compare changes if it's printed.

Say Matter THOUGHT something would look better, but once printed and on the statue the original design worked better? Far easier to swap and look, spin it around, see the textures...and then make a final decision.

But this response is coming from a person who likes to feel, touch, and see finished products. 3D renders are nice, but not always the same.

Ah, I see. That makes sense. Thank you.

In case of Hordak let´s hope that Mattel is going to be satisfied some day so the statue can finally be shown.
Acolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 04:00 PM   #1608
craigcliff1
Zot

IA had a complete Devy few years ago ready to go, then Hasbro made them toss it and make a new one, now at that size that had to be a few bucks that IA had to pay
first photo is the original

Last edited by nbr3bagshotrow; 12-14-2020 at 05:40 PM.
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 04:37 PM   #1609
SONICobra
Batman

you would think they could get the digital sculpt approved before they spend thousands of dollars getting a prototype printed that may or may not get approved. that would piss me off, madness
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:06 PM   #1610
craigcliff1
Zot

A few thousand Chad said a 12 inch proto is $20,000
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote