Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-06-2020, 09:23 AM   #2381
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Atlantic City hookers wear better clothes than that costume design. I rest my case

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post

Looks good to me
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 09:25 AM   #2382
abubakarhimself
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post

Looks good to me
To be fair it is baffling why the designers insist on incorporating heels into the costume designs - If you want the characters to have better posture, just draw them with better posture.
abubakarhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 09:30 AM   #2383
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Before i continue the comics discussion...

I think I'm going to get lucky and finally score a Ken Lashley Storm piece of art. So, I really hope we get a Storm preview soon! #StormRiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I enjoyed the Avengers vs X-Men mini series but like any event Bendis was ever involved in with Marvel, it went on for a few too many issues.

I have not read it since it came out but I thought that at the end of it that all of the mutants that were affected by the "No More Mutants" statement had there mutant status restored with powers at the end of it. Am I wrong in thinking this?
Scarlet Witch never reversed what she said. Her powers killed many mutants. In the Hickman run, the X-Men refer to her as a terrorist and traitor. Some mutants got their powers back, some also underwent a secondary mutation, but the issue is that no new mutants were being born.

There still aren't many mutants now, but Charles has since come up with a plan to those he has alive. I highly recommend picking up House of X and Powers of X. Such a fresh reading of my favorite mutants.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:32 AM   #2384
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by abubakarhimself View Post
To be fair it is baffling why the designers insist on incorporating heels into the costume designs - If you want the characters to have better posture, just draw them with better posture.
Well, to be fair, she was the madam a boujee brothel back in the day. I think Emma is one of the few who wear heels or platforms. Storm does sometimes, but rarely.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:51 AM   #2385
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Before i continue the comics discussion...

I think I'm going to get lucky and finally score a Ken Lashley Storm piece of art. So, I really hope we get a Storm preview soon! #StormRiot

Scarlet Witch never reversed what she said. Her powers killed many mutants. In the Hickman run, the X-Men refer to her as a terrorist and traitor. Some mutants got their powers back, some also underwent a secondary mutation, but the issue is that no new mutants were being born.

There still aren't many mutants now, but Charles has since come up with a plan to those he has alive. I highly recommend picking up House of X and Powers of X. Such a fresh reading of my favorite mutants.
Thanks Demona. For some reason I thought that both the Scarlet Witch and Hope Summers had reversed what the Scarlet Witch did. Now that I think about it I think they were able to defeat the Phoenix Force.

I have read Power of X and House of X and are reading a few of the X-titles regularly and have enjoyed them. Really like X-Men and am loving Excalibur. I was reading Marauders and X-Force and gave them each 6 to 7 issues and dropped them. I will be giving X-Factor a try though.

And I can get why mutants in general would consider the Scarlet Witch an enemy but Dr Doom had a part of the Scarlet Witch becoming corrupted yet that is never brought up.
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 09:54 AM   #2386
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abubakarhimself View Post
Well for those of us that have been around reading comics since the late 70's, back then (and into the early 80's) the majority of heroines (both Marvel and DC) were drawn with high heels. Never gave it much thought then but looking back it is a wonder that none were ever portrayed breaking a heel.
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 09:58 AM   #2387
abubakarhimself
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Well, to be fair, she was the madam a boujee brothel back in the day. I think Emma is one of the few who wear heels or platforms. Storm does sometimes, but rarely.
Yea Ive been in and out of superhero comics since the end of 'age of apocalypse' - a time when costumes were just coloured in lingerie and swimsuits. Ironically also a time when they had swimsuit issues. The first time I saw combat footwear being incorporated into super heroine costumes was in Frank Cho's Wonder woman.

Just so we are clear, I am not a foot(wear) fetishist.
abubakarhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 01:38 AM   #2388
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Iron Studios with the double whammy today. First Iceman reveal, now Storm. Face could use some work i think. Her skin tone is a little too dark imo. But I do like the base and pose.

What you think Demona #Stormriot ?

https://ironstudios.com/product/stor...marvel-comics/

I wasn’t in the market for a Sentinel diorama, but after unveiling the Storm Archangel Iceman IS pieces, I’m gonna aim for the entire set.

Mystique & Professor ordered, I put a deposit on Sentinel diorama #2

I hope to have them paid off by the end of the year
Thundercats-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 10:51 AM   #2389
RossMcCollector
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercats-NO View Post
I wasn’t in the market for a Sentinel diorama, but after unveiling the Storm Archangel Iceman IS pieces, I’m gonna aim for the entire set.

Mystique & Professor ordered, I put a deposit on Sentinel diorama #2

I hope to have them paid off by the end of the year
Congrats!! You and I bud! Can't wait for more individual ones to be announced
RossMcCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 11:33 AM   #2390
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

That diorama is epic, if i wasn't set on my 1/4th collection, this would make an awesome display and much less expensive. Only problem is not many choices for display cases for them.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote