Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-09-2020, 06:40 PM   #26531
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
If you want a Lena Olin movie I suggest Romeo is Bleeding. It is also a good candidate for the underrated thread.
Haha. After reading your comment I was going to suggest that film. Underrated for sure. Oldman was great in that & Olin was hot.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 06:41 PM   #26532
nearmint
Phoenix

She’s also hot in The Unbearable Lightness of Being.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 09:56 AM   #26533
statman
Baron Zemo

1917 - 9.5/10

An excellent movie! Beautifully filmed and well acted.
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 11:36 AM   #26534
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
She’s also hot in The Unbearable Lightness of Being.
Yeah, she was.

Dumbo movie - 8.5/10 Good family movie.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 11:43 AM   #26535
risingstar
Jedi Order

Star Trek 8.5/10
Star Trek - In Darkness 8/10

Enjoyed watching these. Second showing. Still held up.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 09:11 AM   #26536
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Rambo Last Blood 5/10

Second worst of the franchise, barely better than Rambo 3
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 09:31 AM   #26537
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Avengers Endgame - I love the movie but it does feel a tad long in a couple of spots. Still some iconic moments though. And darn it, if you are an MCU fan and "On Your Left" does not strike a chord, I don't know how to help you. 9/10
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 01:01 PM   #26538
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

watched a bunch of movies this weekend, a couple I've never seen before, then a bunch of comfortable old favorites...

The 13th Warrior - Finally got to watch this! I really enjoyed it and thats saying a lot as normally I am not an Antonio Banderas fan, but he was awesome in this movie - 8.5/10

Brick - An interesting movie by everyones favorite director Rian Johnson (this movie was his directorial debut) I can take him or leave him as a director, but I liked his unique style in this movie. Starred Joseph Gordon Levitt and he was phenomenal as always - 7.5/10

Avengers: Infinity War (3D) - serious comfort food for the geek soul, I dont think I could ever get tired of this movie. Its like opening a comic book and having it play out right in front of your eyes, pure spectacle from start to finish, and the scope of what they captured on film was amazing I could barely believe what I was watching. I think it'll be a very long time, or likely never, before another comic book movie ever surpasses this one - 10/10

Avengers: Endgame (3D) - I enjoyed this, but after the treat that was IW, it felt kind of lacking in comparison. There were lots of great moments throughout, but pound for pound it just cant compare to the magic of IW - 9/10

Batman Begins - Great origin story, intelligently written, creative, really gets under the layers of who and what Batman is while keeping everything making sense and grounded within reality - 9/10

The Dark Knight - what can be said about this incredible movie that hasn't been said already, simply a masterpiece, not only because of the performances but the brilliant and thought provoking writing as well, Nolan was really firing on all cylinders with this movie. At the core this really is Jokers movie, every second of his screen time is pure and absolute gold, he runs circles around Batman from beginning to end - 10/10

The Dark Knight Rises - I wish I saw the movie that Nolan wanted to make with Heath reprising his role as the Joker, but due to everything that happened he had to course correct and that much is apparent in the movie, it does seem rushed and more like a "backup plan" story as opposed to what he intended. Overall though, it is enjoyable with some great moments, I thought Anne Hathaway did a good job as Catwoman, and I liked the physical challenge that Bane brought to Batman, but I felt the ending was weak and tried to cram a bit too much into the movie - 8/10

X2 (X-men United) - is it just me or does this movie keep getting better as time goes on? I think Fox really cared about this franchise at first, this movie is proof of that, and that Nightcrawler scene is one of the best things I've seen on film (also Famke is still the best Jean Grey hands down) Too bad the franchise took a nosedive with the very next movie (but some other gems did pop up later like Logan and Days of Future Past) Heres hoping Marvel does at least as good a job with the property as Fox initially did - 9/10
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 01:44 PM   #26539
statman
Baron Zemo

The Commuter - 2/10

wish I had those 2 hours back...
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 11:02 AM   #26540
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Spider-man: Far From Home (3D)

definitely a fun movie, I really liked the european setting. They did a great job interpreting Mysterios powers for the big screen while making it somewhat believable, I didnt think that was even a possibility so props to them for that. Im interested to see where Spidey goes from here, considering what happens in the post credits scene - 8.5/10
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote