Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-25-2020, 02:09 AM   #331
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Hmmm, I never notice before, but there is also a brief image of Rapunzel after Sleeping Beauty. Now there is another must buy for me.

Your right V4XCollect, it is just displaying art work in the video, but Sideshow hasn't shown us much about the Fairy tail line over the last few years, so it's all we have to speculate on.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a new teaser to let us know what's coming, but I kind like the pace Sideshow has been going with the Fairy tail line. If the fairy-tail's came out faster, it would be much harder to collect these statues for myself.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 06:17 PM   #332
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post
There was a teaser a few years back Demona when Sideshow was advertising the Fairy-tail statues.

Sideshow, at the end of the teaser video, showed a drawing of Cinderella's metal art print and Scott Campbell art work of Red Riding Hood and Sleeping Beauty were in the same video.
You’re right about Riding Hood, but that is Snow White laying on the ground. Sadly, I think they will do her, Red Riding Hood, and Rapunzel.

Rapunzel is the only one of the new three I would have any interest in.

I could only be so lucky that there is another third set that contains Evil Queen, Sleeping Beauty, and Belle.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 05:37 AM   #333
UnlimitedXP
Doh!

I was really excited for this piece last year, but sadly it will be the first in the line I skip. I find myself wishing the dress were translucent like the included art. That would look amazing with the solid silver paint on top, creating layers of dress making it truly look like it was forming. I also wish there were a little more then just 2 small pieces of that magic surrounding the dress, it should go on and off completely around her a time or two. This would look amazing and also help exaggerate that the dress is undergoing a magical change. It's a little underwhelming. Close, but missed the mark for me.

I look forward to whatever comes next in the line.
UnlimitedXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 01:01 PM   #334
Ralek
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimitedXP View Post
I find myself wishing the dress were translucent like the included art. That would look amazing with the solid silver paint on top, creating layers of dress making it truly look like it was forming. I also wish there were a little more then just 2 small pieces of that magic surrounding the dress, it should go on and off completely around her a time or two. This would look amazing and also help exaggerate that the dress is undergoing a magical change.
Can't argue with any of that. Personally, I am really only bothered by the fact, that for some reason, they decided to no longer stick to the art print. I've the other three up next to the prints, and I think seeing that transition 2D->3D is really a huge part of the appeal. Plus, the print features here with open eyes, with would also be preferable in general.

Still going to get here though, as I do like the piece, it's just ... not 100% what I had hoped for and strange shift in gears.

Any news on whether there will be a new print by JSC to match this new design? That would kinda negate most of my concerns here :-)
Ralek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:47 PM   #335
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'm sure JSC will make a new print at some point to representing Sideshow's Cinderella statue with the dress appearing, vs the dress disappearing.

Until then, we still have the 'exclusive' art print that comes with her.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SCB cinderella original.png
Views:	64
Size:	837.7 KB
ID:	130553   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sideshows print.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	130554  
Old 05-22-2020, 07:03 PM   #336
built2shred
Phoenix

I'm sure SS thought the original art was to provocative for them that's why they modified it from a girl losing her dress to a girl getting a dress...

Your a wuss SS
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:16 PM   #337
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
I'm sure JSC will make a new print at some point to representing Sideshow's Cinderella statue with the dress appearing, vs the dress disappearing.

Unfortunately, he doesn't do new FF prints and calendars, only reprints of the first four sets.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:03 PM   #338
xellos49698

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I'm sure SS thought the original art was to provocative for them that's why they modified it from a girl losing her dress to a girl getting a dress...

Your a wuss SS
LOL, I guess SS lost their Courage.)
Old 06-02-2020, 03:58 PM   #339
Ralek
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Unfortunately the metal "prints" don't do all that much for me. I only get them because they basically cost the same, and they do add a little bit extra.

Sofar I display with the signed art print next to the individual piece and I just like it that way. It looks excellent for the Spider-Man as well as the FF collection. I guess I will do the same for Cinderella, as I already got the print.

It IS kinda annoying that they deviated so much from it though for no good reason I can make out. I hope this stays the exception and does NOT become the rule. I figured replicating the 2D art was the whole point with their JSC pieces ... IF they continue the line, and IF this trend continues, I do know what I'll do

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Unfortunately, he doesn't do new FF prints and calendars, only reprints of the first four sets.
Yeah, that is my concern as well. Is this like an "official" position JSC has taken though? I mean, so far there was no reason to do new FF prints, as they pretty much created perfect matches for the existing ones, at least for the re-releases without the background (which I still prefer though).

I imagine, it is not outright out of the question for JSC to do a new print and release it through SS? He already did several prints with them, and they do have put more emphasis on releasing art prints to match their statue output in recent years.

'Cos the more I consider it, the lack of a matching print really is the sticking point for me here. I can go over the rest (closed eyes, non-translucent dress etc.). Minor imperfections if the actual production piece works out that is.
Ralek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 02:57 PM   #340
Lord Maul
Justice League

Edition sizes are up for those interested in this:

EX: 1500
Collectors: 3500
Lord Maul is offline   Reply With Quote