Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-14-2020, 07:01 PM   #4041
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Whats a good price nowadays for the regular collectors edition?

I can import this from a UK comic shop for about $712 usd shipped. Ive been watching ebay and usually collectors edition can be had for about $800-$900 and ex goes for $1000 on up. So altho $712 is cheaper by atleast $100 I’m not sure if I wanna jump on that when other statues are coming out soon.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 07:32 PM   #4042
Formula009
Birdman

Has anyone heard any update on the X-Force Psylocke replacements? I know there were a bunch of us who received damaged pieces and were told another batch would be made, but I haven't heard very much since. Checked in with SS a few months back and was told they were still being produced. But my SS account doesn't show anything about a pending replacement even though they say it's coming. Anyone else in my position?
Formula009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 07:50 PM   #4043
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula009 View Post
Has anyone heard any update on the X-Force Psylocke replacements? I know there were a bunch of us who received damaged pieces and were told another batch would be made, but I haven't heard very much since. Checked in with SS a few months back and was told they were still being produced. But my SS account doesn't show anything about a pending replacement even though they say it's coming. Anyone else in my position?
I hope those replacements come in for everyone, but I'm curious if my waitlist for her will ever convert
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 10:43 PM   #4044
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I claimed her first, Icedog
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 10:51 PM   #4045
abubakarhimself
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
I hope those replacements come in for everyone, but I'm curious if my waitlist for her will ever convert
DON'T DO THAT. DON'T GIVE ME HOPE.
abubakarhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 12:57 AM   #4046
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I claimed her first, Icedog
Fair enough...afterall, you were collecting before Sideshow was even a glint in my eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by abubakarhimself View Post
DON'T DO THAT. DON'T GIVE ME HOPE.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 04:17 AM   #4047
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

I contacted SS on this a couple weeks ago and got this reply from Daniel, lol, I think I’ll wait it out.

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, we do not have an update for the replacements as of yet. As soon as we have some new information and a timeline I will let you know the next steps.

If at any point, you decide you do not wish to wait for the above resolution, the options to keep the piece for the Rewards credit ($60) or return it for a full refund will still be available.

If you need anything else in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to let us know!
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 04:17 AM   #4048
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

I contacted SS on this a couple weeks ago and got this reply from Daniel, lol, I think I’ll wait it out.

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, we do not have an update for the replacements as of yet. As soon as we have some new information and a timeline I will let you know the next steps.

If at any point, you decide you do not wish to wait for the above resolution, the options to keep the piece for the Rewards credit ($60) or return it for a full refund will still be available.

If you need anything else in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to let us know!
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:38 AM   #4049
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

It's super weird that this is being drawn out so long for you guys. I mean if SS already produced the statue, and has the molds for the pieces to be produced, then why the heck would this be taking so long? This came out in what October? So I don't think its a covid thing. If they sent out their requests or orders to factories in China in November, December or even January for more pieces to be produced, then definitely by now in (a few days) from June they should have them by now. Seems odd. And especially that the waitlist is still available.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 11:07 AM   #4050
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
It's super weird that this is being drawn out so long for you guys. I mean if SS already produced the statue, and has the molds for the pieces to be produced, then why the heck would this be taking so long? This came out in what October? So I don't think its a covid thing. If they sent out their requests or orders to factories in China in November, December or even January for more pieces to be produced, then definitely by now in (a few days) from June they should have them by now. Seems odd. And especially that the waitlist is still available.
Not weird at all. If you think about it, Psylocke was made and shipped. As soon as a statue exits the factory they move onto a new run of new statues. A massive run of a new Sideshow pieces isn't going to be put on hold to make a couple of pieces from a previous run. Throw into the mix COVID-19 and delays are going to happen.

There was an online chat the other day with a guy from HMO. He was quite open, and mentioned various reasons for delays. He mentioned COVID-19 hitting the factories. He also mentioned the factories can be three stories high, making pieces for more than one company. The factories do not make statues on a 1st come 1st serve. They pushes pieces back, to make room for other pieces. Sideshow with it's big runs, wanting to deliver on time, takes priority. I have been waiting for a HMO piece that should have shipped in 2019. It is already over 6 months delayed. Maybe some day it will leave he factory. Maybe i will received the piece before Xmas. But am not counting on it.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote