Gen 13

The sales just hit the roof!
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 06:45 PM   #33
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
I think there are a lot of people out there who for whatever reason think the story is trash.
But I for one have just started and I am a couple of hours into in and so far I am loving it.
Bottom line is don’t let others ruin a game because you “heard” is was bad.. it works both ways.. I have hated games that were so called gems..I’m sure you have too.
If you like the series you won’t be disappointed...it’s still the last of us.
I saw the YouTube cutscenes rather than the leaks and people's review of the game. I avoided the leaks because I really didn't want to be spoiled. But, damn the cutscene video with spoiler title was right on the front page of YouTube so I ended up getting spoiled anyway lol I couldn't resist the temptation and ended up watching that cutscene video lol It really killed my hype for the game. It was everything opposite of what I expected (not in a good way) and loved about the first game. I will probably still give this game a try though once it drops to a cheap price. I am glad that there are people enjoying this and getting their long wait rewarded.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 02:59 PM   #34
Wizard
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I finished the game last night. I went into the game knowing the massive leak details that came out. My hype for the game dropped considerably reading and seeing the leaked storylines. It didn’t sit well with me. Yet, I purchased the game Day One, putting my faith in the game developers’ hands that brought me “Last of Us.”

To get stoked for the sequel, I replayed LOU earlier this year. Yep, one of the greatest video games ever made. Almost as good the second time around.

So, at midnight - night of release, I re-entered the world of Joel and Ellie. Seven days later, I can finally exhale. The game is at least equal to the first one. The directing, graphics, storyline weaves and acting would leave Roger Ebert (RIP) to think, “Maybe I was wrong about video games not being art.” And the audio - wow. Those slowly ramp ups of drum beats until they were pulsing through my veins left me grinning and terrified at the same time. If you have them, definitely play the game with a good set of headphones.

It’s impossible to write about LOU2 without getting into spoilers, so I’ll leave it at this, if your reason for not buying the game is due to the storyline leaks, than you will be missing out on incredible character journeys that hit every human emotion - high and low.

A few movies, such as “History of Violence,” “Unforgiven,” and yes, even “Batman v Superman” came to mind while I was playing.

The pre-ending and ending of the game really worked for me.

Context is everything. The leaks truly were startling on the face of them, but the game works. I don’t understand the low review scores from gamers. I wonder how many of those bombing the game actually played it in its entirety?

Anyways, 9/10 for me. Not a perfect 10 because I had a minor gripe on pacing in the second half of the game as the storyline reached its first climax.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 05:51 PM   #35
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I’m hearing such bad things about this game. It’s getting roasted on Amazon. I ordered it for my son. I’m wondering if I should cancel the order.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 10:46 PM   #36
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

My son played it and said he didn’t like the story at all. He said the game play itself is about on par with the first one. But he told me he didn’t really enjoy it.

I decided to pass on playing it once I confirmed the leaks, my son said I made the right decision. So I’ll just leave it at that.

Happy for those that enjoy it, but for me I have no interest, and I loved the original.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 12:43 AM   #37
Frankierock
Omega Red

I’m having a great time with this..so glad I avoided the spoilers.
Could easily see how that could ruin this game.

But so far I easily give it an 8/10.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 06:03 AM   #38
BurningRage
Inhumans

Beat the game. The last section could’ve been bigger. I prefer Abby’s story to Ellie’s.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 11:28 PM   #39
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Is this better than the first game?
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 06:37 AM   #40
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I’m hearing such bad things about this game. It’s getting roasted on Amazon. I ordered it for my son. I’m wondering if I should cancel the order.
The game play is amazing on this game.What you are seeing is people complaining because we do not like what happens in the story. It's very upsetting.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote