Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 08-13-2020, 04:56 PM   #101
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
Everyone will obviously have their own opinion and taste, but the general consensus (which I agree with) is that the SS Pfeiffer sculpt wasn't what it should have been. I'd go as far as to say it was a huge disappointment. Not on the scale of Sideshow's first Reeve Superman statue (which was an absolute abomination) but a disappointment nonetheless. The amount of excitement from most collector's about Tweeterhead's announcement of a new Pfeiffer statue shows how many people were disappointed with Sideshow's.

I can't wait to see the full reveal. I hope the price isn't ridiculous, but I'll probably pay it regardless if they nail the sculpt. I have the 1/6 Pfeiffer Catwoman statue and it's perfection. Hopefully lightning will strike twice at Tweeterhead with this one too.
I agree, especially with the bolded statements. I simply cannot wait to see this new Tweeterhead piece! Also, knowing Michelle herself approved it, plus the person who did the original costume having his hands in it as well.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 04:58 PM   #102
Biggunz
Loki

Yes I agree. Neca PFeiffer even looks better than Ss.

With that being said I think we're all really excited about this new 1/4 cat woman.

I just want to see the reveal already. It looks like she's laying down on the bed which worries me because I don't want to pay extra for an unneeded big base.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 09:28 PM   #103
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
Yes I agree. Neca PFeiffer even looks better than Ss.

With that being said I think we're all really excited about this new 1/4 cat woman.

I just want to see the reveal already. It looks like she's laying down on the bed which worries me because I don't want to pay extra for an unneeded big base.
I purchased the SS and returned it. The paint was sloppy and the likeness was off.

The body, pose and base were great. There was a custom head made for it that looked like Pfeiffer.
People still claim it looks like her, but It.does.not.

If this new one looks like Michelle and I am pretty sure it will I am so definitely in.
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 08:43 AM   #104
vudoo1979
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Ok. So here are my concerns. I don’t have statue that big. I don’t know if I even have a place to put a statue that big. I want a Michelle Pfieffer Catwoman statue. I guess you can say. I am still on the smaller scale statues. And as the days go by I get even more excited and nervous because of what she is going to look like and how big she is going to be. (That’s what she said) sorry. Been watching too much of the office lately. But I know that I am
Not going to go backwards and spend buttloads of money for the SS one or the original TH one. I know just hit me now. They just need to go ahead and show her. Lol.
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 10:40 PM   #105
nameivom
The Herculoids

If Trevor Grove does the portrait for this (he did their previous Pfeiffer Catwoman) it should be exceptional as he is one of the best sculptors in the business as far as likenesses go.

Also for the above poster, Iron Studios is coming out with a 1/10 scale Pfeiffer Catwoman which will be cheaper than the Tweeterhead 1/4 scale version.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 12:32 AM   #106
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vudoo1979 View Post
Ok. So here are my concerns. I don’t have statue that big. I don’t know if I even have a place to put a statue that big. I want a Michelle Pfieffer Catwoman statue. I guess you can say. I am still on the smaller scale statues. And as the days go by I get even more excited and nervous because of what she is going to look like and how big she is going to be. (That’s what she said) sorry. Been watching too much of the office lately. But I know that I am
Not going to go backwards and spend buttloads of money for the SS one or the original TH one. I know just hit me now. They just need to go ahead and show her. Lol.
What space are you concerned with? 1:4 is big, but is is not nearly as space consuming at 1:3 or 1:2. I think since this would be your only 1:4, you will be fine.

Also, this pose is unlike most 1:4 piece because the bulk of the size will be horizontal, not vertical. This allows for her to be displayed on a shelf, along the bottom of an entertainment center, on a shelf above a TV, etc. Height won’t be as much a concern. Depth will be, but even then I can’t see it being any more of a concern than a statue standing up.

And Michelle is only 5’7”. Even with 6” heels she is 5’11”. You’re not looking at a statue like Gal Gadot who is 5’10” and then get into WW gear.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 09:01 AM   #107
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Ah, man this waiting is eating me up alive!
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 03:57 PM   #108
Big Hulk
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

She is the first person I remember having a super hard crush on as a kid. Something about her and the outfit made my little mind explode!
Big Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 04:47 PM   #109
ukshaun
Hercules

Every time someone posts in this thread, there is no news, only the bump effect.
Looks like i am now guilty of my own complaint

A. The image on the first page. Is that the actual piece? ..if it is, then it looks complete.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 10:51 AM   #110
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
And Michelle is only 5’7”. Even with 6” heels she is 5’11”. You’re not looking at a statue like Gal Gadot who is 5’10” and then get into WW gear.
Might want to check your math on that. 6” heels usually make a person 6” taller. Not just 4” taller.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote