Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-03-2020, 10:59 AM   #1951
stardusting
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
It is interesting to hear some of the experiences out there and what may be up with the 1/4 Witcher line. I think it generally sold well for Prime1. From what I have seen so far for the Geralt in 1/3, Wow!
No need to mentioned the frog, but I am not sure if triss and Yen did really sell that well though, they took a lot more time to be sold out compared to Geralt and Eredin. Yen also dropped in price for around 36K Yen on Amazon.jp
stardusting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 04:07 PM   #1952
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardusting View Post
I rarely ever hear of problems with their DC line, whether movie or videogame based. But I constantly hear about issues with their other less famous pieces having questionable quality (not just the Witcher line). This line just happened to be consistently inferior.
Nah....there was issues with Arkham Catwoman arriving with broken legs, and there was issues with Huntress also arriving with a broken "ear" flap from her mask. To be fair, these are packaging issues - which while a royal pain in the arse, it's still not as bad as poor paint apps or "bad" sculpting......
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 06:05 PM   #1953
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Wish they made a Henry Cavill Geralt.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 09:36 AM   #1954
MPCanes
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekon View Post
Who confirmed that? Why they did not show this prototype after Next Level Showcase when they show printed prototypes like Fabok line, Lotr pieces etc. . I ask on Prime1 studio collectors group and Felipe Fiquene, one of mods said that it's render.
I DM'd Prime 1 and they confirmed it was a painted proto.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 03:13 PM   #1955
Gekon
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
I DM'd Prime 1 and they confirmed it was a painted proto.
Thanks. The other mod on group confirmed same thing.
Gekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 04:14 PM   #1956
jonylin
Justice League

Just found out my pre-order for Ciri was cancelled when I was expecting to get her this week... I'm pretty upset to say the least. I'm hoping that Prime 1 will make a 1/3 Ciri to go with this Geralt since I won't be able to get a good Ciri statue any other way at this point. Not really expecting Sideshow to do Ciri justice but maybe they'll surprise me lol.
jonylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 04:36 PM   #1957
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonylin View Post
Just found out my pre-order for Ciri was cancelled when I was expecting to get her this week... I'm pretty upset to say the least. I'm hoping that Prime 1 will make a 1/3 Ciri to go with this Geralt since I won't be able to get a good Ciri statue any other way at this point. Not really expecting Sideshow to do Ciri justice but maybe they'll surprise me lol.
What. What happened and who did you po from?
That sucks.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 05:08 PM   #1958
jonylin
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ View Post
What. What happened and who did you po from?
That sucks.
I pre-ordered her from Man of Action Figures because I had canceled my pre-order directly from Prime 1 back in June 2019 but decided this past April that I still wanted her. By then, most places no longer had her available so I didn't really have any other choice even though I had heard about people not having their pre-orders fulfilled in the past. I managed to use a coupon with my pre-order, which I thought was great at the time, but turns out it shouldn't have worked and the store owner thought my order was cancelled because of it but apparently never was. They only had one Ciri ordered from Sideshow and someone else must've taken my order since they thought my order was cancelled. I'm assuming they shipped Ciri out to the other customer and they only sent me the cancellation email today when they realized what had happened. It really sucks especially since Ciri was the first high end polystone statue that I was interested in getting. At least they immediately sent me a refund but it still sucks.
jonylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 07:08 PM   #1959
JimmyHACK
Frackin!

Sure it's not like the proto, but I am very happy with my portrait. Wish she was looking up a bit more, but thankfully I got a nice one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ejwut_nWAAIE5Sh.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	224.4 KB
ID:	133831   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ejwuu20WkAAShsc.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	258.3 KB
ID:	133832   Click image for larger version

Name:	EjwuulhWkAUCIug.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	213.6 KB
ID:	133833   Click image for larger version

Name:	EjwuuSAWoAEfnFu.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	251.2 KB
ID:	133834  
JimmyHACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 11:07 PM   #1960
gs013564
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyHACK View Post
Sure it's not like the proto, but I am very happy with my portrait. Wish she was looking up a bit more, but thankfully I got a nice one.
I was playing with my Ciri statue’s portraits to see if I could get her looking more straight on. Sadly, couldn’t. But holding the portrait so that she’s looking more parallel improves the look dramatically. I suspect it was supposed to be that way and the casting on the production pieces were not quite right. I’m lucky I display her at eye level. Otherwise it would look even worse.
gs013564 is offline   Reply With Quote