Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-08-2020, 07:54 AM   #1961
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonylin View Post
I pre-ordered her from Man of Action Figures because I had canceled my pre-order directly from Prime 1 back in June 2019 but decided this past April that I still wanted her. By then, most places no longer had her available so I didn't really have any other choice even though I had heard about people not having their pre-orders fulfilled in the past. I managed to use a coupon with my pre-order, which I thought was great at the time, but turns out it shouldn't have worked and the store owner thought my order was cancelled because of it but apparently never was. They only had one Ciri ordered from Sideshow and someone else must've taken my order since they thought my order was cancelled. I'm assuming they shipped Ciri out to the other customer and they only sent me the cancellation email today when they realized what had happened. It really sucks especially since Ciri was the first high end polystone statue that I was interested in getting. At least they immediately sent me a refund but it still sucks.
Awww what a bummer. I would be pissed. Hopefully you get her on day. They redid Yennifer and Geralt in 1/4 so I have hope that they do another Ciri in 1/4 with alternative outfit or a 1/3 Ciri. Fingers crossed.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 02:47 PM   #1962
jonylin
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ View Post
Awww what a bummer. I would be pissed. Hopefully you get her on day. They redid Yennifer and Geralt in 1/4 so I have hope that they do another Ciri in 1/4 with alternative outfit or a 1/3 Ciri. Fingers crossed.
Although her alternate outfit is cool, I really wanted Ciri in her default outfit since that's my favorite look for her. I'm doubting Prime 1 would do another 1/4 Ciri in her default outfit though so I'm putting all of my hopes in a 1/3 Ciri at this point, even though I didn't want to get any 1/3 scale statues since they're so big. Maybe it's not all bad that I missed the 1/4 Ciri since she did suffer from a lot of issues so I'll try not to dwell on the disappointment for too long haha.
jonylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 08:55 PM   #1963
stryker12
Fantastic Four

After going all in on the 1/4 line, I really wish they'd tell us if they're planning on releasing a 1/3 Yennefer, Ciri, and Triss to go with that Geralt...
stryker12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 08:04 PM   #1964
stryker12
Fantastic Four

ES for regular Yennefer (alt outfit) is only 200... that's wild.
stryker12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 08:45 PM   #1965
gs013564
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker12 View Post
And the EX is 350. I hope she turns out well. That is pretty nuts on low edition sizes.
gs013564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 10:34 AM   #1966
roguesecret
Doh!

200 and 350 what? xP
roguesecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 11:05 AM   #1967
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguesecret View Post
200 and 350 what? xP
ES = Edition Size - the amount of statues produced by the collectibles manufacturer.

EX = Exclusive, refers to a super special version of the statue which may incorporate additional special features, such as an alternative head sculpt. Normally the EX has a lower ES than the regular statue.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 07:57 PM   #1968
OhHaiMark
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker12 View Post
Wow, that doesn't get my hopes up for a 1/3 Yennefer.
OhHaiMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 03:17 AM   #1969
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Warning - Conspiracy Theory:

So, I was wondering why P1 would treat such a lucrative license as The Witcher so badly. Especially those "easy sell" characters like Ciri or Yenn. I noticed that there are other manufacturers making Witcher figures (in smaller scale) like cheap plastic hobbies - but they have essentially the same pose as the P1.

It's clear that CDPR released a general render that was sent to each manufacturer under license and according to the scales they are allowed to produce. I wonder if this is what has lead to P1 attitude. Essentially a lack of creative license, and a way to really distinguish themselves from the competition.

Sure, you can argue that the bases on P1 are more intricate then cheaper, smaller competitors......but lets be honest, who buys these figures for the bases?
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 03:37 AM   #1970
Asgard
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Especially those "easy sell" characters like Ciri or Yenn.
I had both on my pre-order list. Now only yen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
......but lets be honest, who buys these figures for the bases?
I like the Prime1 base of the Witcher series. But if the statue I get deviates too much from the prototype, I'm out.
I really hope Yen looks as good as here prototype and hope for a new Ciri
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote