Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 10-13-2020, 04:37 AM   #101
TheStig88
The X-Men

Yeeeah, I think I'm gonna have to go ahead and pick her up. Between your pics and a couple of the videos I've seen on youtube, she really came out incredibly well. Now if only they had executed Jaina as well as this.

I just wish I had a better idea as to if she's limited or open edition. Would rather wait for a sale if it's the latter. I expect that she is, same as every other statue they make, but I'm not sure.
TheStig88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 10:50 AM   #102
omigeo
Alpha Flight

I know, I'm not sure if it is open or not when it comes to their edition size with this one.

Since it doesn't indicate I'm thinking it's open.

Her base is so heavy, it looks like they used a real volcanic rock hehehe
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 04:19 PM   #103
DarkKnight85
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Just curious for any who bought this statue. I just unboxed it today and put it together, but have a few questions. I've attached separate photos for people to see that also own it.

Behind where the Diablo head is held, under Lilith's right breast, that part of the dress is colored maroon/red almost like it's either a blood stain or possibly random red paint. I was just curious if this is on other people's as well or if it's just on mine.

The other question is I was wondering if anyone had a problem fitting the Diablo head into her palm's, because that was a bit** of a problem for me to finally get it on. I literally felt like I almost had to break the arms to get it to fit. After having it set in for a while and learning how to apply the right movements and pressure, I can remove it easier now and place it on easier. It feels like perhaps it's adapting to the position it needs to be in, but I was also wondering if people had the same problem or not. I prob was better off heating the arms on on low with a hair dryer, since those arms aren't poly stone and it would have been a lot safer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0735.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	230.5 KB
ID:	134216   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0736.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	230.4 KB
ID:	134217  
DarkKnight85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 08:23 PM   #104
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Hi DK, I had the same issue with Diablo's head, but manage to snap it on. As for the blood stain, I really don't think I had it but than again, I'm not to sure. I've already boxed her up and in storage for now. I'll have to check it out when I do have to inbox her again.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:34 AM   #105
DarkKnight85

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
Hi DK, I had the same issue with Diablo's head, but manage to snap it on. As for the blood stain, I really don't think I had it but than again, I'm not to sure. I've already boxed her up and in storage for now. I'll have to check it out when I do have to inbox her again.
Yea sounds like a bit of a design/molding issue with the hands then. On the paint thing, after doing some research and looking at some unboxing videos, I actually did find others with the same problem. It may have even been intentional. If it's true and they were just mass produced that way, I'm actually happy though because I hate the thought of having to send back statues. I find the worst part about the hobby is the fear that something is wrong with it when you get it.
Old 10-18-2020, 06:55 PM   #106
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight85 View Post
Yea sounds like a bit of a design/molding issue with the hands then. On the paint thing, after doing some research and looking at some unboxing videos, I actually did find others with the same problem. It may have even been intentional. If it's true and they were just mass produced that way, I'm actually happy though because I hate the thought of having to send back statues. I find the worst part about the hobby is the fear that something is wrong with it when you get it.
My statue probable has that paint, but I guess I wasn't looking for it.

I agree with returns.
Old 10-18-2020, 08:30 PM   #107
cigaro
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig88 View Post
Yeeeah, I think I'm gonna have to go ahead and pick her up. Between your pics and a couple of the videos I've seen on youtube, she really came out incredibly well. Now if only they had executed Jaina as well as this.

I just wish I had a better idea as to if she's limited or open edition. Would rather wait for a sale if it's the latter. I expect that she is, same as every other statue they make, but I'm not sure.
I have seen the number 2000 thrown around here and there about this statue. I think I remember reading someone confirming that with Blizzard. Either way, its incredible and I highly recommend it. Im in love
cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 08:34 PM   #108
cigaro
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight85 View Post
Mine has that red too, dont worry

Actually incredibly impressed with the QC on this piece. Nothing wrong that I can see, and I wont go searching to be honest.

I have had to send my Mr Freeze back to Sideshow twice, and this looks to be just about perfect. Didnt even have a struggle getting the head into her hands
cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 04:14 PM   #109
DarkKnight85

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigaro View Post
Mine has that red too, dont worry

Actually incredibly impressed with the QC on this piece. Nothing wrong that I can see, and I wont go searching to be honest.

I have had to send my Mr Freeze back to Sideshow twice, and this looks to be just about perfect. Didnt even have a struggle getting the head into her hands
Lol now that just makes me more insecure about not speaking up since I literally had to like pinch the arms together to get the head to snap in. Something I would normally never want to do...
Old 10-20-2020, 04:16 PM   #110
SDguy

Is this piece really 1/5 scale? I saw a pic on FB with her next to SS Purgatori (also 1/5 scale) and Lilith looks HUGE.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote