Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-15-2020, 07:58 PM   #27051
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

The Social Dilemma - 8 of 10 (great doc which made me feel even better that I deleted Twitter 3 years ago)

I'm Thinking of Ending Things - 8 of 10 (I don't know if this movie completely worked but I've been thinking about it a lot since I watched it)
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 09:20 PM   #27052
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
The Social Dilemma - 8 of 10 (great doc which made me feel even better that I deleted Twitter 3 years ago)
I’m banned from Twitter. I was told I’m hateful.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 09:22 PM   #27053
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Watching Terminator Dark Fate. Not done yet so no rating but my god Linda Hamilton looks like hell
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 10:32 AM   #27054
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Shaun of the Dead 9/10

The Thing 12/10 (+1 for any movie Kurt Russel is in | +1 for seeing it in the theater. The Alamo was showing it last night. Couldn't resist)
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 08:04 PM   #27055
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Identity - 6/10

Enter The Dragon - 8/10
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 06:12 AM   #27056
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Watching Terminator Dark Fate. Not done yet so no rating but my god Linda Hamilton looks like hell
The only aspect of Dark Fate that i liked was the one scene that depicts Sarah Connor at a beach bar looking like she did during T2. A long lingering shot that had me thinking 'how? ..how did they do that?'. My eye can normally detect CGI when it comes to human faces. On that occasion, they knocked it out the park.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 05:29 PM   #27057
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Did you get any errors? I read that there are a couple of discs that had a problem. They’re aware of the problem and are going to replace them at no cost to the customer. You have to fill out a request to get the replacement discs. I already put in for mine. Here’s the link to the article. It has the link that gives you the link to request the replacements.

https://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s...-factory/45508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
just picked up this new Friday the 13th box set from Scream Factory, so naturally I had to start a Friday the 13th marathon! lol

Friday the 13th (1980) - I really enjoyed this, I haven't watched it in ages but it was better than I remembered. They did a really good job with the killer POV in this one, it sort of reminded me of a giallo movie in that regard, and it worked really well for the big killer reveal at the end. There weren't too many scenes with gore, but the scenes that had gore were exceptionally well done, not a surprise considering it was done by gore master Tom Savini. I gotta say I really like the campground setting for horror movies, camp Crystal Lake was perfectly done with a lot of atmosphere. I also thought it was cool that there was mainly only music when the killer was stalking somebody or present, it added to the suspense - 8.5/10

Friday the 13th: Part 2 (1981) - this movie is the first adult appearance of Jason in the series and the start of him as the killer. The first thing he does is go after the final girl from the first movie for reasons clear to anyone who has seen part one (the final girl actress from the first movie was supposed to be in all the Friday the 13th movies but after the first movie someone began stalking her and she was so terrified she didn't want to do anymore after part 2) Although Jason doesn't have his trademark hockey mask in this one (he gets that in part 3) I felt the sack worked well and was visually creepy. Another cool thing about this one is Jason actually runs in this movie, im assuming because this is when they were still trying to figure out what Jason would be, ultimately of course he ends up a lumbering unstoppable force of nature, but in this one hes more just deformed mountain man which was a cool idea, especially to see how he evolved as a character over the movies. Interesting to note, this movie doesn't follow the typical horror sequel formula by having more gore than the first, the producers specifically asked for less gore in part 2. There are deleted scenes of "long lost" gore in part 2 that were released officially for the first time in this new box set, but sadly its VHS quality and not cut into the movie, its only special features. Overall this was a really good sequel that moved the series in an entirely new direction after the first - 8/10
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 11:01 PM   #27058
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein - 8.5/10
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 10:51 AM   #27059
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post

Are you still trying to process what you just watched?
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 11:00 AM   #27060
Mister H
Gen 13

The Bride. 6.5/10
Wasn't terrible, wasn't really good either. It was the 80's and Beals was hot.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote