Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-19-2020, 11:21 AM   #27061
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Did you get any errors? I read that there are a couple of discs that had a problem. They’re aware of the problem and are going to replace them at no cost to the customer. You have to fill out a request to get the replacement discs. I already put in for mine. Here’s the link to the article. It has the link that gives you the link to request the replacements.

https://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s...-factory/45508
yes 3 discs have errors, jason goes to hell (unrated version) is missing a scene of someone getting their wrist snapped, Jason X has an error where some audio is missing during the sleeping bag scene, and Friday the 13th part 3 some of the 3D effects in the opening credits were not working. I filled out the form yesterday to get the replacements, thank you for the information!
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 01:26 PM   #27062
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
yes 3 discs have errors, jason goes to hell (unrated version) is missing a scene of someone getting their wrist snapped, Jason X has an error where some audio is missing during the sleeping bag scene, and Friday the 13th part 3 some of the 3D effects in the opening credits were not working. I filled out the form yesterday to get the replacements, thank you for the information!
Anytime brother.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 03:49 PM   #27063
MrYac
Hercules

i'm jealous of you guys with the Friday set, didn't even know it was a thing till i started seeing the reviews pop up on youtube. debating grabbing it even though i almost never watch movies these days, and i missed those neat posters
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 04:14 PM   #27064
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

The Haunting (1999) 3/10 Really disappointed. I had heard this was good.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 04:55 PM   #27065
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
i'm jealous of you guys with the Friday set, didn't even know it was a thing till i started seeing the reviews pop up on youtube. debating grabbing it even though i almost never watch movies these days, and i missed those neat posters
These movies are actually a lot better than I remember, if you haven't seen them in a while you might be pleasantly surprised! they all have some really great parts, Jason goes to hell and Jason X are definitely the bottom 2 from the pack but considering how many they made thats not too bad, the rest are all awesome IMO

Sadly I didnt get the posters those were exclusive to scream factory online orders and they sold out instantly apparently, those posters will be a big time collectors item down the road (similar to the halloween box set that came out a few years ago)
Old 10-19-2020, 04:58 PM   #27066
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I've always thought the first Friday the 13th was very underrated but don't particularly care for most of the sequels. Which is odd because Jason wasn't even the killer in the first one
Old 10-19-2020, 05:12 PM   #27067
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I've always thought the first Friday the 13th was very underrated but don't particularly care for most of the sequels. Which is odd because Jason wasn't even the killer in the first one
Really? maybe im easy to please but for me its worth it just to see Jason, he is an awesome character, and all the movies have a lot of kills and a lot of Jason action. I really like seeing Jason deteriorate through the films, starts off human, then by the end of the series hes a complete rotted out corpse, he just gets more destroyed each time (in comparison to movies like Halloween where Michael Myers doesn't carry over any damage from previous movies from what I noticed) Im due for a rewatch of Halloween to judge, but I enjoyed the Friday the 13th series as a whole more than Nightmare on Elm series street as a whole (I just watched all the Nightmare movies a while ago so I can say that confidently)
Old 10-19-2020, 05:33 PM   #27068
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
Really? maybe im easy to please but for me its worth it just to see Jason, he is an awesome character, and all the movies have a lot of kills and a lot of Jason action. I really like seeing Jason deteriorate through the films, starts off human, then by the end of the series hes a complete rotted out corpse, he just gets more destroyed each time (in comparison to movies like Halloween where Michael Myers doesn't carry over any damage from previous movies from what I noticed) Im due for a rewatch of Halloween to judge, but I enjoyed the Friday the 13th series as a whole more than Nightmare on Elm series street as a whole (I just watched all the Nightmare movies a while ago so I can say that confidently)
Nightmare on Elm Street series is overrated from start to finish for me. Never liked any of them. I like the first Halloween but they should have just left it at that and not made any sequels.
Old 10-19-2020, 06:21 PM   #27069
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Continuing the marathon...

Friday the 13th: Part 3 (1982) - this was released in "true" 3D for the first time in this box set (so it doesnt need the red/green glasses, it works with standard glasses on a 3D TV) and honestly I was expecting the 3D to be awful but it was very good. They really made good use of it, lots of scenes with things coming out at the camera, it was just as good as any modern 3D movie, sometimes the 3D effects were better than many modern movies, the visuals really popped out a lot. This is of course the movie where Jason finds his iconic hockey mask, and is the first time Jason uses a projectile type weapon (a harpoon, im assuming for the 3D effect) Overall I thought this was another good sequel - 8/10

Friday the 13th: Part 4 "The Final Chapter" (1984) - this is probably the Friday movie I've watched the most over the years and the one I have the fondest memories of. Stars a young Corey Feldman as Tommy Jarvis (Jasons new adversary) and also stars Crispen Glover of back to the future fame. After the events of the previous movie, Jason is believed to be dead, once the hospital discovers the error Jasons already sliced and diced and on his way back to Crystal Lake where young Tommy and his mom and sister now live (as well as a rowdy group of teenagers vacationing) so perfect setup for Jason to have some fun - 8.5/10

Friday the 13th: Part 5 "A New Beginning" (1985) - its hard to talk about this one without giving anything away. After the last and "final" movie, they apparently wanted to go in a bit of a different direction. This movie is kind of like the Halloween 3 of the Friday the 13th world, different...but as a one-off effort there is a lot here to enjoy and it fits in well with the overall saga. Tommy Jarvis from the previous movie returns, although not played by Corey Feldman this time. The movie takes place 5 years after the previous so Tommy is grown up now and after being in and out of psychiatric institutes hes moved to a halfway house. A murder takes place there which sets off an unexpected chain of events - 7/10

Friday the 13th: Part 6 "Jason Lives" (1986) - things are back to form with this next movie in the F13 series. Tommy Jarvis (now played by someone else, 3 appearances in the movies and 3 different actors lol) suffers from nightmares and can't shake the feeling that Jason is still alive. No longer able to ignore the feeling, he decides he needs to dig Jason's body up to ensure hes still there and rotting away as expected. The good news is hes definitely still dead, the bad news is Tommys action mistakenly resurrect Jason (metal fence posts and electricity, not a good mix when trying to keep a killer dead in horror movies, very Frankensteinish) so with that zombie/revenant Jason is born (this is the first movie where hes actually returned from the dead and he keeps getting grosser from here on out in the series) Much to the delight of Jason, Camp Crystal Lake has reopened under the new name Camp Forest Green in an attempt to forget the prior murders, and Camp Forest Green has a lot of new campers already there when Jason arrives. This movie is one of my favorites from the series as it has such iconic imagery, Jason being resurrected at the graveyard is horror gold, and the ending scene which I wont spoil is also iconic - 8/10

Friday the 13th: Part 7 "The New Blood" (1988) - This was originally supposed to be the movie where Jason and Freddy face-off, but a deal couldnt be made in time so they rewrote the script to have Jason face off against a girl with psychic powers. It sounds kinda cheesy but it worked for me. The reason this is one of my favorites is purely how Jason looked, after the events of the last movie lets just say Jason has become a bit...wet and soggy...after being trapped for quite a while, so he looks extra gross and one of my all time favorite appearances for him. Jason has been unmasked briefly in a few of the movies before this one, but in this one they go all out. The psychic girl shatters Jasons mask and what you see underneath is the absolute best Jason has looked unmasked, he looked very awesome, and he stays unmasked for a big part of the movie, extra points from me just for that - 8.5/10
Old 10-19-2020, 06:26 PM   #27070
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Nightmare on Elm Street series is overrated from start to finish for me. Never liked any of them. I like the first Halloween but they should have just left it at that and not made any sequels.
Nightmare part 1 I think was great, Part 3 and 4 I think were pretty good, and Wes Cravens New Nightmare i really enjoyed, the rest were quite bad

Halloween is kind of a mess with how they handled things, some sequels ignore things from the previous movies, the new movie ignores all the sequels after the original, its a bit confusing, F13 had overall consistency which I like. Ill agree most of the Halloween movies after the first aren't that great, but I think the original sequel which picks up right after part 1 where Michael terrorizes the hospital was the best sequel to the original out of the big 3 (nightmare, F13, halloween) but after that it lost some steam