Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-21-2020, 06:05 PM   #781
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Well said, guys. Going P1 direct from here on out, even for POs. Their flex pays are extra generous.

I bet that this con game probably happens exclusively with statues because they're around $1k they can recoup and pass it on the unsuspecting customers. Probably not so with cheaper, highly produced items like Kotos, action figures, Hot Toys (maybe?), and cheap knick knacks.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 07:03 PM   #782
djmogo89
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Well said, guys. Going P1 direct from here on out, even for POs. Their flex pays are extra generous.

I bet that this con game probably happens exclusively with statues because they're around $1k they can recoup and pass it on the unsuspecting customers. Probably not so with cheaper, highly produced items like Kotos, action figures, Hot Toys (maybe?), and cheap knick knacks.
Right now the problem with going directly with Prime 1 is their insane shipping rates due to the pandemic.
djmogo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 08:36 PM   #783
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I just paid $167 for shipping on a quarter scale piece recently from Prime 1. Its not to bad since with Sideshow they charge me sales tax and P1 doesn't so it kinda balances out for me.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 08:39 PM   #784
djmogo89
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ View Post
I just paid $167 for shipping on a quarter scale piece recently from Prime 1. Its not to bad since with Sideshow they charge me sales tax and P1 doesn't so it kinda balances out for me.
I checked a couple of 1/3 pieces on their website and their shipping is around $450. But again it says that is due to the pandemic.
Old 11-21-2020, 08:59 PM   #785
Punisher_

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmogo89 View Post
I checked a couple of 1/3 pieces on their website and their shipping is around $450. But again it says that is due to the pandemic.
Ouch! That's a ton. I put a 1:3 P1 piece that ships in 2 big boxes in my cart from P1's website and economy shipping was $197. Standard shipping is $497. I am from the US though so maybe its different depending on your location.
Old 11-21-2020, 09:40 PM   #786
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Ouch! That's a ton. I put a 1:3 P1 piece that ships in 2 big boxes in my cart from P1's website and economy shipping was $197. Standard shipping is $497. I am from the US though so maybe its different depending on your location.

Economy shipping is by boat? Never tried that.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 09:54 PM   #787
Punisher_

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Economy shipping is by boat? Never tried that.
Yup. Shipping takes about a month after it ships but it may take longer depending on how fast they are able to fill the boat with orders so that's why it can take an additional 2 months.
Old 11-21-2020, 09:54 PM   #788
djmogo89
Justice League

Quote:
I’m on the US as well, East coast to be more specific. So I’m not sure what is causing the difference in price TBH.

For the item that I’m checking is $457 for economy shipping and $800+ for standard shipping, so yeah, a huge difference.
Old 11-21-2020, 10:21 PM   #789
Punisher_

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmogo89 View Post
I’m on the US as well, East coast to be more specific. So I’m not sure what is causing the difference in price TBH.

For the item that I’m checking is $457 for economy shipping and $800+ for standard shipping, so yeah, a huge difference.
What statue is it?
Old 11-21-2020, 10:34 PM   #790
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post

No, it's been happening for over a decade. I had it happen with their smaller statues and busts as well.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote