Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-08-2021, 11:35 PM   #511
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
So it's not like the videogame world, where delays are actually a good thing for the consumer, like adding more polish & working out the bugs etc.?
Correct. When this stuff goes to the factory there are usually no changes for our benefit.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:06 PM   #512
Blade3327
Nightwing

I messaged Prime 1 on Facebook asking to clarify the height measurement for this guy using the tabletop-style base. They responded saying it only comes with one base. I chalked this up to a misunderstanding and sent them their own photos of both display styles and specified which one I was looking for information on and they never got back.

Anyone else care to try? Maybe if enough people ask, we'll get an answer.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 08:23 AM   #513
Halcyon
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
I messaged Prime 1...
yes, communicating can be quite difficult (outside the standard questions).
If you keep the sentence/question short. You will get a meaningless answer and if you make it (too) long / extensive,
you will not get the answer you are looking for either.

From Infinity Studios I didn't get an answer at all, so I didn't buy the statue.
Maybe through facebbook a bit better, but didn't try this with all companies.
Halcyon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 08:51 AM   #514
Halcyon
New Republic

I also noticed that the third picture (P2 wall art) on website has the ruler with 60cm to the top of the spear.
While the specification text says 60cm tall, when you use the arm with disc (result top of his head).

When you use the 78.9cm or 60cm like in the text, this Pred2 is quarter scale. No doubt.
I will try it also.
Halcyon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 12:40 PM   #515
Python
Omega Red

I've asked them countless times to confirm if it is in scale with their Jungle hunter, or to offer an image of them side by side at one of their many shows. They have no interest in doing so. Nice to see others pestering them about it however.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 12:03 PM   #516
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

I think it's 1/5 scale as it has been pointed out many times. If you crop the base and the spear out of those 60 cm it's just too small to be 1/4.

Still a good sculpt, but they focused too much on the wall hanger idea instead of making a killer 1/4 scale piece.
Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 01:51 PM   #517
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu_Manchu View Post
I think it's 1/5 scale as it has been pointed out many times. If you crop the base and the spear out of those 60 cm it's just too small to be 1/4.

Still a good sculpt, but they focused too much on the wall hanger idea instead of making a killer 1/4 scale piece.
That probably explains why they don't want to say a scale.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 03:54 PM   #518
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
I also noticed that the third picture (P2 wall art) on website has the ruler with 60cm to the top of the spear.
While the specification text says 60cm tall, when you use the arm with disc (result top of his head).
Quote:
https://www.prime1studio.com/pr2-cit...wapr-01ex.html

Going off the text specifications on the product page for the exclusive, it's 78.9cm with the spear. 60cm with the disc. It's got to be 1/4 scale, $900 is too much for 1/5.

As for the Jungle Hunter, he could be oversized for 1/4, but in nearly every Photoshop comparison we've drawn up here, the heads seem to be similarly sized. I think the bigger obstacle in the way of a cohesive display - even if the scales are 100% identical - is the fact that the compositions of the statues vary so much. CH is in a deep crouch on a tall base. JH stands taller with a full leg extended on a short base. They might look a funky next to each other just from the different body-to-base ratios.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 04:43 AM   #519
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
I think it's 1/5 scale as it has been pointed out many times.
It's not 1/5, it is larger than that. I actually think it is fairly close to 1/4 and they just can't admit it due to their restrictive license. The big question is will it pose well with the Jungle hunter. And that is very much unanswered for now. Of course it would be very easy for them to just sit these on a table next to each other for us and answer that.

I posted this before, and as inaccurate a method it is to gauge size, it's the only reference we currently have. Here's a guys finger placed against it's head. I did the same to my Sideshow P2 maquette and my finger was about the same size in relation to it's head.

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 09:21 AM   #520
VILE GUILE
The X-Men

If this CH's head is very close in size to the JH's, (which is slightly over scaled), then there's no freggin' way the CH statue is only 1/5 scale, which is good news.

Although it's hard for me to judge by that finger test pic, but my gut feeling a long has been it's 1/4 scale, or maybe a hair off, but with the pose being crouched, it won't be that noticable to me, or anyone else checking it out.

Worse case scenario if it doesn't look right paired to the JH statue, I'll display it on the other side of the room. Wasn't going to skip it over gambling on scale? Although the way where their pieces are no longer selling out, in hindsight I could of probably waited until it released to make up my mind? Who knows these days?
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote