Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-16-2021, 09:01 AM   #61
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
The episodes are short and the mystery is there. We know something is wrong so I'm fine being patient and letting it play out. I feel often audiences these days don't want suspense or to be left waiting with little clues.

Also, I enjoyed the legends of Wanda and Vision. Remind me of fan made youtube tributes.
I agree on both counts. Tons of clues to theorize with, and they are only 30 minutes each. I don't immediately need subtext or backstory spoon fed to me. I like to think about things a bit.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 10:12 AM   #62
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Just finished up the first two episodes. Kind of a cross between ""The Dick Van Dyke Show" and "Bewitched". I enjoyed it but it is a tad slow. I'm sure there is a reason for that, pacing.......pacing. I can see the setup coming for more fast pacing.

Spoiler
Loved catching some of the easter eggs. The S.W.O.R.D. logo on the computer screen at the end of Episode 1. The Star industries toaster commercial and the Strucker HYDRA watch commercial.
Their house in the second episode looked like the house set up in Bewitched in fact
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 10:53 AM   #63
French Cancan
Deadman

My first thought after seeing the first episode was: Bewitched was more fun. My first thought after seeing the second episode: Bewitched was more fun. If this continues, the third episode will probably make me want to see the complete Bewitched again.
I hope more colors in the scenario of the next episode
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 10:59 AM   #64
jeremydmc
Black Panther

It seems to me it is progressing from one show remake to another. First was clearly Dick Van Dyke setup and the second was clearly Bewitched. Looking forward to the next set remake with the addition of color.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 12:17 PM   #65
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Those were not the sitcoms of her youth, she's only 31 lol..... Sitcoms of her youth would have been Saved by the Bell, Growing Pains, Family Matters, Blossom, etc...

At the end of episode 2 you hear a voice say "Wanda, who's doing this to you Wanda"....
When I was a kid, I watched The Dick Van Dyke Show, Bewitched, Gilligan’s Island, The Partridge Family, I Love Lucy, and many other shows that had been cancelled years/decades before.

Clearly, it’s someone from S.W.O.R.D. trying to contact her. That organization’s insignia was on the helicopter and the beekeepers suit.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 12:46 PM   #66
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I don’t think anyone’s messing with Wanda’s mind. I think she’s dealing with her grief over Vision’s death by creating a world where he’s still alive. A happy, go-lucky world that manifests itself as the sitcoms of her youth. Someone is trying to break through to her though(the voice over the speaker, the helicopter, the beekeeper), but she rejects those attempts to maintain the charade.
I think she is in denial stage and refusing to accept what she lost. That "perfect" life never really existed much in the way 50s Americana was an illusion via television.

My guess is each show will show cracks (like the colour bleeding in at specific moments) in her psyche as she processes her depression.

Keep in mind for Wanda, she watched the man she loved die twice back to back and then popped into existence at a battlefield seeking revenge. I'm guessing she felt hollow, denied any catharsis with Thanos and feeling incredible loneliness.

I enjoy using a meta narrative to show a protagonist mental state. When it is light and silly the camera is staged, but when issues arise see zooms and angles utilized.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm fine seeing a very different Marvel story play out.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 02:53 PM   #67
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
When I was a kid, I watched The Dick Van Dyke Show, Bewitched, Gilligan’s Island, The Partridge Family, I Love Lucy, and many other shows that had been cancelled years/decades before.

Clearly, it’s someone from S.W.O.R.D. trying to contact her. That organization’s insignia was on the helicopter and the beekeepers suit.
Well yeah, but you were born in what late 60's or early 70's? Back then reruns of those older shows were actually fairly new and networks were showing them a lot, by the 90's those shows were no longer shown on any networks beside maybe nick at night...

Out of curiosity I asked my 35-year-old nephew if he watched any of those shows and the only ones he was kind of familiar with were Brady Bunch & Gilligan's Island.. I asked my 21-year-old niece, and she's never seen any of those shows lol

My issue isn't that she's trapped in old sitcoms it's that it's not funny at all... I'm guessing the writers thought if they wrote awful punch lines that it in itself would be funny, but it's just agonizing to watch. Given the Title is WandaVision It makes me think this is how the whole series is going to be played out in bad versions of old sitcoms...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 03:45 PM   #68
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
It seems to me it is progressing from one show remake to another. First was clearly Dick Van Dyke setup and the second was clearly Bewitched. Looking forward to the next set remake with the addition of color.
You'll also notice the time period change with their hair and clothes. The first episode feels like mid 50's while the second feels like early 60's.

The next episode should be late 60's if I'm not mistaken.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 01:19 AM   #69
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Love it and I’m very interested to see how it goes. I sorta hope the plot is along the lines of House of M and really shows the viewers what Wanda’s powers are. I never felt they were fleshed out and explained in the MCU. So maybe people think she telekinetic. They don’t get the chaos magic, reality controlling aspect that well.

Do you think that at the end of this mutants are tied in?

I’d also like to add that Elizabeth Olsen is so adorable. Pretty in the girl next door way that Wanda should be. A smile to light up a room.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 07:09 AM   #70
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Love it and I’m very interested to see how it goes. I sorta hope the plot is along the lines of House of M and really shows the viewers what Wanda’s powers are. I never felt they were fleshed out and explained in the MCU. So maybe people think she telekinetic. They don’t get the chaos magic, reality controlling aspect that well.

Do you think that at the end of this mutants are tied in?

I’d also like to add that Elizabeth Olsen is so adorable. Pretty in the girl next door way that Wanda should be. A smile to light up a room.
I feel like mutants are at least six years off. Have to work through a lot of Marvel and do another Avengers event. I think Disney wants mutants to rest after Dark Phoenix and the Fox X-MEN series.

I do agree people seem not to see based in films how Wanda is arguably the most powerful character and her capacity is staggering. She was only person who I think could have taken Thanos 1v1 if she left loose.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote