Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 02-22-2021, 01:20 PM   #31
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Help me out - would you say that Cap and Batman are supposed to be the same size? I've always pictured them to be the same in build, maybe Bruce being a little wider in the torso but all around about the same build of man.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 01:25 PM   #32
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Yup, just like people that will never have a non 1/4 scale piece in their collection. I just don't get it.
I sometimes watch RedCupReview, and the main host who seems ok enough comes across as outright uncomfortable around anything approaching 1/4 scale. In his mind, it is simply too large. Collectors like that find comfort in 1/6 scale or smaller.

When i first picked up a 1/4 piece, i was blown away. I thought it looked massive. 1/3 scale was out of the question. I guess the same applies to 1/6 scale collectors. I did end up picking up a total of 4x 1/3 pieces, and they are cool. 1/4 remains my focus.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 01:28 PM   #33
SDguy

Yeah I have everything from 1/10 to 1/3.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 01:45 PM   #34
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Help me out - would you say that Cap and Batman are supposed to be the same size? I've always pictured them to be the same in build, maybe Bruce being a little wider in the torso but all around about the same build of man.
They're both about 6'2" 240-ish pounds. I'd like to have a Marvel and DC set that is the same in scale. (very unlikely I know) That way I could display some of them together as I'm condensing my collection.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 04:38 PM   #35
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
If Randy would do Marvel again I truly think that that many Bowen collectors would want him to do Marvel characters in the same scale as he did before and if he jumped to the Tweeterhead scale, people would be torn because they would be happy he is back but then they would be upset that new Marvel statues do not match the scale of the old ones he did. Think how people were wondering if Tweeterhead 2.0 scale would be the same as the first set of Tweeterhead statues, not too mention would the look good next to the existing ones.

And we do have to remember, some of the decisions made by all the statue producers depend alot on what DC and Marvel approve and want and will not allow.
There'd be some rabble rabble, that's for sure. I don't know if I'd want him to up the scale to 1/6, but keeping it strictly 1/7 wouldn't be a bad idea.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 01:25 AM   #36
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
The green dress? That design was quite fetching on Jean. Bowen has a stunning statue out there and it comes up for sale through eBay and stuff. Keep an eye out for it.

I just want somebody to come back to the 1:6 market and give me a new batch of the classics - Ms Marvel (the black unitard Danvers), Black Cat (modern and classic), Storm (modern mohawk, current suit, full body Asgardian), Dark Phoenix, Psylocke, and Grey suit Black Widow. Those are what I'd buy, but I'd love to see more made that could tempt me
YES! The green dress. Am really happy that her classic outfit has made a comeback in the newer X-men comics.

While I have been tempted to get the Bowen statues, some of the portraits just look off to me. To this day, my favorite X-men statues are the Sideshow 1/5 comiquettes. Chad and Tweeterhead's comic rendered styles offers the perfect amount of nostalgia.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 10:56 AM   #37
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I wonder who holds the 1:6 Marvel license. I would assume Sideshow, but they don't make any 1:6 pieces so perhaps not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
YES! The green dress. Am really happy that her classic outfit has made a comeback in the newer X-men comics.

While I have been tempted to get the Bowen statues, some of the portraits just look off to me. To this day, my favorite X-men statues are the Sideshow 1/5 comiquettes. Chad and Tweeterhead's comic rendered styles offers the perfect amount of nostalgia.
I am a big fan of Mark Newman and he is the one who sculpted the Marvel Girl Bowen statue. He also did the Jean Grey Bowen statue too. I like how he make faces generic - and by that I mean a pretty woman with no resemblance to a actress or other famous person. With Sideshow 1/4 pieces, I feel they are making a lot of their females look like somebody. I don't want that. Like you, I like the nostalgia and want my characters to look like they came off a comic book page. Tweeterhead is crushing the "straight off the comic page" game right now. Hands down.

I love "artist series" lines like Sideshow used to have. I wish they would do more of those at a faster pace since they seem to be sporadic
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 11:26 AM   #38
SDguy

Quote:
I wonder who holds the 1:6 Marvel license. I would assume Sideshow, but they don't make any 1:6 pieces so perhaps not.

I am a big fan of Mark Newman and he is the one who sculpted the Marvel Girl Bowen statue. He also did the Jean Grey Bowen statue too. I like how he make faces generic - and by that I mean a pretty woman with no resemblance to a actress or other famous person. With Sideshow 1/4 pieces, I feel they are making a lot of their females look like somebody. I don't want that. Like you, I like the nostalgia and want my characters to look like they came off a comic book page. Tweeterhead is crushing the "straight off the comic page" game right now. Hands down.

I love "artist series" lines like Sideshow used to have. I wish they would do more of those at a faster pace since they seem to be sporadic
Isn't Kotobukiya still doing 1/6 pieces, albeit SLOWLY....
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 11:28 AM   #39
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

isn't the Marvel Premier Collection a 1/6th scale?
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 11:54 AM   #40
Mister H
Gen 13

Diamond Select does some pvc statues that are just under 1/6 scale and they look fine with Bowen Designs pieces. They are hit or miss though, the upcoming Neo-Classic Iron Man looks pretty rough IMO but the Wolverine and Spiderman look pretty good. I have the Marvel Milestones Armored Thor and he seems to be more of a true 1/6 scaler. Great looking statue. I'm thinking of putting him with the TH Superman until more DC guys are made.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote