Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-26-2021, 02:46 AM   #61
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
Then it can´t be acid corrosion.
Uh. Well. Canonically, no. It shouldn't be acid corrosion. But I do believe that is the effect they were going for - as it looks like acid corrosion.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 07:55 PM   #62
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
The damage looks like acid corrosion though. Which is bizarre because the aliens are immune to their blood's effect.

Ah sorry I thought you were talking about the back of the other head. I'm not actually sure what that is as regardless there shouldn't be blood there anyway. A bit of an odd choice for sure, but I still love this statue so far.
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 01:58 AM   #63
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Limescale buildup. Looks like the pipes in my basement.
eternalblue02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 02:58 AM   #64
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
The damage looks like acid corrosion though. Which is bizarre because the aliens are immune to their blood's effect.

Could be fire or some kind of heat/burn damage.

The acidic blood looks a little too light green, almost florescent like. Any lighter and it will end up in pred territory.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 08:59 AM   #65
Halcyon
New Republic

Yes, some strange choices. If this statue came with two 'normal' heads (or one normal battle damage), this was tempting. Atm it is not.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 12:42 PM   #66
Xenoburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Ah sorry I thought you were talking about the back of the other head. I'm not actually sure what that is as regardless there shouldn't be blood there anyway. A bit of an odd choice for sure, but I still love this statue so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Limescale buildup. Looks like the pipes in my basement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Could be fire or some kind of heat/burn damage.

The acidic blood looks a little too light green, almost florescent like. Any lighter and it will end up in pred territory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Yes, some strange choices. If this statue came with two 'normal' heads (or one normal battle damage), this was tempting. Atm it is not.
Agreed with most of these.

I don't think it looks bad per se, and if it was a 1/5 statue I might let it pass. But for the size and price I feel these design choices should have an explanation. Be it literal, or hinted at within the piece itself.

And yes, I don't know why it's so hard for companies to get the color of alien and predator blood correct. Predators have fluorescent, light green blood. Aliens have a thicker, nasty yellow blood.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 01:58 AM   #67
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Agreed with most of these.

I don't think it looks bad per se, and if it was a 1/5 statue I might let it pass. But for the size and price I feel these design choices should have an explanation. Be it literal, or hinted at within the piece itself.

And yes, I don't know why it's so hard for companies to get the color of alien and predator blood correct. Predators have fluorescent, light green blood. Aliens have a thicker, nasty yellow blood.
The base is the best part of this piece. I understand XM is doing their own thing like the TF & Predator lines but I don’t know what’s worse, the paint or their spin.

I’m pretty sure all that green crap around the head is supposed to be corrosion. Am I supposed to believe another alien sneezed all over its head or that it’s dome is leaking from the inside like those comedians that get shot in the chest then take a drink and it pops out the holes.
eternalblue02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 03:45 AM   #68
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
The base is the best part of this piece. I understand XM is doing their own thing like the TF & Predator lines but I don’t know what’s worse, the paint or their spin.

I’m pretty sure all that green crap around the head is supposed to be corrosion. Am I supposed to believe another alien sneezed all over its head or that it’s dome is leaking from the inside like those comedians that get shot in the chest then take a drink and it pops out the holes.
Even if another alien bled on it they are immune, at least the ones we've seen.
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 08:47 PM   #69
VILE GUILE

XM's a great company, but I think when it comes to Alien statue's, Prime 1 has them beat on the intricate details needed. This one just doesn't grab me as an Alien/Pred fan unfortunately. It's too off base...
VILE GUILE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 10:51 PM   #70
pau123
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
XM's a great company, but I think when it comes to Alien statue's, Prime 1 has them beat on the intricate details needed. This one just doesn't grab me as an Alien/Pred fan unfortunately. It's too off base...
Agree. Alien and Predator for me personally, P1 is the leader in the game for now.
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote