Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-01-2021, 11:26 AM   #991
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
As the DX version already has 4 head sculpts, they may include the closed mouth head sculpt with the reg this time, instead of including it with the DX version.....
That would piss a lot of people off. Having an exclusive, coveted head sculpt with the Reg version, and not the DX? Not to mention the DX having nice exclusives that some feel are mandatory … so people would what, buy both?
I wouldn’t want to be around if that happened….

Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 11:33 AM   #992
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
i'm over here looking at all these companies producing CRAZY pieces from all different properties.

If and when i purchase this, i want this to be the final Predator statue i buy. The flagship piece for my collection. I'm seeing the Heath Ledger Joker statues it seems like one company is leap-frogging the next and it appears there is no end in sight to the one-upping Joker statues.

I honestly don't know how it would be possible to "BEST" this piece. The SWS piece is out, the Steve Wang piece is out, if they don't beat this piece, I don't see how else it's possible. For me it's the perfect pose, my max budget, great size, super accurate, switch outs...ect. The only thing im thinking if he was cast in silicone but that would make him CRAZY expensive. He's not a human character where the only flesh that is exposed is his head, if the head is done in silicone the whole body would have to be the same.

I genuinely don't see how this piece can be one-upped in this price range. Am i not considering something? What do you guys think??? I'm sure a 1:2 could do it, but it's gonna be $6,000 that's just not possible.
I wrote a really long post but it is lost in space and time and can't remember it word for word lol. I'll keep it much shorter.

In this price range, it won't be beaten.

1/2 will never be done as it's no man's land size for a predator, there won't be enough mass appeal.

Prime 1 doing an over scaled 1/3 is very smart, other companies will need to do the same if wanting to have at least the same presence.

As mentioned the price range of REG is the same as indexed cost of the CM. I can't imagine any company in future to pull a prime 1, exceeding this in sculpt and beating the base for the same indexed price range.

If production turns out 85-90%+ quality of the prototype, than this is the ultimate predator collectible and will be the best one to own at this price range and I don't envisage anything surpassing at an equivalent indexed cost now or in the future.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 11:34 AM   #993
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
That would piss a lot of people off. Having an exclusive, coveted head sculpt with the Reg version, and not the DX? Not to mention the DX having nice exclusives that some feel are mandatory … so people would what, buy both?
I wouldn’t want to be around if that happened….

aside from me getting all the (mostly) unnecessary accessories that come with the DX, i would be buying the DX for any additional bonus items they decide to include. I don't see them adding the Closed Mouth head for free...and i definitely don't see it being included with the Regular. The Batman Batcave DX w/Bonus had 5 heads.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 11:36 AM   #994
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
I won't a really long post but it is lost in space and time and can't remember it word for word lol. I'll keep it much shorter.

In this price range, it won't be beaten.

1/2 will never be done as it's no man's land size for a predator, there won't be enough mass appeal.

Prime 1 doing an over scaled 1/3 is very smart, other companies will need to do the same if wanting to have at least the same presence.

As mentioned the price range of REG is the same as indexed cost of the CM. I can't imagine any company in future to pull a prime 1, exceeding this in sculpt and beating the base for the same indexed price range.

If production turns out 85-90%+ quality of the prototype, than this is the ultimate predator collectible and will be the best one to own at this price range and I don't envisage anything surpassing at an equivalent indexed cost now or in the future.

even if another company like Queen, JND or anyone else got the Predator license, i don't see how they can best this. It's not just about realism...it's art direction as well. I think this is the best we're ever gonna see IMO. for this piece to BEST the SS EX Maquette and the CM, it's really something special.
Old 07-01-2021, 11:39 AM   #995
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
As the DX version already has 4 head sculpts, they may include the closed mouth head sculpt with the reg this time, instead of including it with the DX version.....
Hahaha no chance.

That would be the dick move of the century. They won't longer be Prime 1 but Public Enemy number 1.
Old 07-01-2021, 11:49 AM   #996
SDguy

Quote:
Hahaha no chance.

That would be the dick move of the century. They won't longer be Prime 1 but Public Enemy number 1.
Totally agree.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 11:50 AM   #997
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:

even if another company like Queen, JND or anyone else got the Predator license, i don't see how they can best this. It's not just about realism...it's art direction as well. I think this is the best we're ever gonna see IMO. for this piece to BEST the SS EX Maquette and the CM, it's really something special.
Agree.

In my lost in space post, I mentioned the only possible thing that *potentially* can out do this is a diorama of both the Predator and Dutch, both made with high grade silicon or maybe advanced polystone lol. But that will cost at least 7k and thus excluded in discussion due to price range. Plus I've never been a fan of silicone, even if it lasts 20+ years, just knowing it degrades slowly is off putting to me and undoubtedly would so for other collectors too.
Old 07-01-2021, 11:55 AM   #998
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Agree.

In my lost in space post, I mentioned the only possible thing that *potentially* can out do this is a diorama of both the Predator and Dutch, both made with high grade silicon or maybe advanced polystone lol. But that will cost at least 7k and thus excluded in discussion due to price range. Plus I've never been a fan of silicone, even if it lasts 20+ years, just knowing it degrades slowly is off putting to me and undoubtedly would so for other collectors too.
I'm sure many people would want a Dutch vs Pred statue. but in terms of a "Predator" Flagship piece, even if someone made Narin's Encounter kit in 1/3 Silicone, i'd still rather have this piece as i feel it showcases the creature in the best possible way, simple pose, unobstructed perfection.

Old 07-01-2021, 12:18 PM   #999
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
I'm sure many people would want a Dutch vs Pred statue. but in terms of a "Predator" Flagship piece, even if someone made Narin's Encounter kit in 1/3 Silicone, i'd still rather have this piece as i feel it showcases the creature in the best possible way, simple pose, unobstructed perfection.

Agree that one won't do. Both Dutch and the Predator will have to be in full view which is conceptually impossible if scene accuracy is factored in and we don't want a stripped out predator vs Arnie as we won't be able to appreciate the detail in the predators armory.

Predator coming out of the waterfall and into the muddy region is possible but then again Dutch will be on the floor in mud, behind tree trunks. Again one character is hindered.

I've deeply analysed the ---- out of this in the past week (it's past 2am right now lol), I can't think of much else that will top this and given AUD stores have priced this decently, it's an easy all in for me.
Old 07-01-2021, 02:11 PM   #1000
qz33
Doctor Doom

Wow never seen that dio before. At least from these pics that Arnold likeness is outstanding.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote