Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Just paid mine in full should be shipping soon
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 11:45 AM   #732
AC_808
Hercules

And here I am holding out for a bit longer so that I can get my higher priority pieces in first. With a 5000 ES ....should last for a while, right?
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 01:32 PM   #733
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
And here I am holding out for a bit longer so that I can get my higher priority pieces in first. With a 5000 ES ....should last for a while, right?
There is no chance of this Spider-man statue selling out any time soon. I know the Black Symbiote Spider-man costume is cool.

However, anytime Peter wears the Symbiote costume in the comic long term; something really bad happens to him.

If you were looking for only one 1/4 scale Spider-man for your marvel collection, this costume would not be the first choice.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great looking statue, but the meaning behind it, the tragedy, well it paused my enthusiasm.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 02:17 PM   #734
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post
There is no chance of this Spider-man statue selling out any time soon. I know the Black Symbiote Spider-man costume is cool.

However, anytime Peter wears the Symbiote costume in the comic long term; something really bad happens to him.

If you were looking for only one 1/4 scale Spider-man for your marvel collection, this costume would not be the first choice.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great looking statue, but the meaning behind it, the tragedy, well it paused my enthusiasm.
I get what you're saying, but as a reader I loved those stories the most because of how different it was from the usual stories. I embraced his struggles, his uncertainty, and the resulting tragedies. For my collection, this would be the perfect singular 1/4 scale Peter Parker Spider-man.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 02:30 PM   #735
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:

That's what made reading Spider-Man comics exciting. All the struggles he went through. And that black and white costume was pretty sick! I already have a 1/4 red/blue Spider-Man statue and a 1/4 symbiote black/white Spider-Man statue. But I wouldn't mind having this one as well ....
Old 11-21-2021, 02:31 PM   #736
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
I get what you're saying, but as a reader I loved those stories the most because of how different it was from the usual stories. I embraced his struggles, his uncertainty, and the resulting tragedies. For my collection, this would be the perfect singular 1/4 scale Peter Parker Spider-man.

Yup, exactly.
Old 11-21-2021, 10:06 PM   #737
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Even though the Symbiote ends up either making Spider-man evil? Betraying Peter in battle making him lose control? Absorbing Peter's body? Becoming a villain Poison? etc That's the one Spider-man you want for your collection?

Granted, if you are looking for an anti-hero collection, it make sense, but that is not Spider-man to me.

Quote:
That's what made reading Spider-Man comics exciting. All the struggles he went through. And that black and white costume was pretty sick! I already have a 1/4 red/blue Spider-Man statue and a 1/4 symbiote black/white Spider-Man statue. But I wouldn't mind having this one as well ....
Understandable, if you are a Spider-man collector then yes I could see this as a must have.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 10:21 PM   #738
101son
Justice League

Just got him in, taken quickly with an iphone

The only symbiote spiderman I?ll ever need!
Menacing & sinister looking, love it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F462F31B-29BF-4E54-98E2-75FB8228E3F1.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	143986   Click image for larger version

Name:	D6FA51AD-8CAD-4B23-B381-BB3802B542EA.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	143987  
101son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 11:07 AM   #739
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Even though the Symbiote ends up either making Spider-man evil? Betraying Peter in battle making him lose control? Absorbing Peter's body? Becoming a villain Poison? etc That's the one Spider-man you want for your collection?

Granted, if you are looking for an anti-hero collection, it make sense, but that is not Spider-man to me.

Understandable, if you are a Spider-man collector then yes I could see this as a must have.

Yea, it's like wanting Venom and Carnage in your collection. Or even Black Cat, Gwen Stacy and Mary Jane in your collection. They are all part of the Spider-Man lore.
Old 11-22-2021, 05:51 PM   #740
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Sho nuff! And even better if you have multiple Spiders!

Quote:

Even for all of those reasons, yes. Although those were all traumatic for him as a character, he overcame it all and became a better person through it. And because of all of that, those are my most favorite and memorable Parker Spidey stories... which is how I'd like him represented in my collection.

I know I'm an outlier and you would be totally correct for most people. I tend to like darker and more morbid stories so all of that ticks my personal preference boxes.

The closest I've come to liking a regular red and blue suit Parker Spidey is the MCU one by Queen Studios. I like the sculpt and interestingly enough, that piece is in a crouching pose as well... so that seems to be another big factor for me.

This wouldn't be my only Spidey, just possibly my only Peter Parker one. I really love the Sideshow Miles Morales. I also love the Prime 1/Sideshow and Bowen Miguel O'Hara/Spidey 2099. Add in a few female spiders like Sideshow or XM's Ghost Spider and Sideshow Silk... Symbiote Parker would be in decent company.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote