Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-23-2021, 01:24 AM   #741
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Sho nuff! And even better if you have multiple Spiders!

Even for all of those reasons, yes. Although those were all traumatic for him as a character, he overcame it all and became a better person through it. And because of all of that, those are my most favorite and memorable Parker Spidey stories... which is how I'd like him represented in my collection.

I know I'm an outlier and you would be totally correct for most people. I tend to like darker and more morbid stories so all of that ticks my personal preference boxes.

The closest I've come to liking a regular red and blue suit Parker Spidey is the MCU one by Queen Studios. I like the sculpt and interestingly enough, that piece is in a crouching pose as well... so that seems to be another big factor for me.

This wouldn't be my only Spidey, just possibly my only Peter Parker one. I really love the Sideshow Miles Morales. I also love the Prime 1/Sideshow and Bowen Miguel O'Hara/Spidey 2099. Add in a few female spiders like Sideshow or XM's Ghost Spider and Sideshow Silk... Symbiote Parker would be in decent company.
Makes perfect sense to me AlexLothos, someday I do want a Spider-man statue for my own Marvel collection and a Mary Jane too, but I'm not into collecting villains.

Still, the temptation from Symbiote Spider-man is there, the pose and sculpt is excellent, which is probably why I keep looking at him here.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 03:20 PM   #742
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post
Makes perfect sense to me AlexLothos, someday I do want a Spider-man statue for my own Marvel collection and a Mary Jane too, but I'm not into collecting villains.

Still, the temptation from Symbiote Spider-man is there, the pose and sculpt is excellent, which is probably why I keep looking at him here.
Rock on! Yeah, a custom group did a great Mary Jane along with other Spider-universe ladies. I wish I had the latitude to jump on those.

You totally have time to consider getting this Symbiote Spider-man. It will probably be a while before he sells out, and even if he does you could still get him on the secondary market. If you want to take the plunge, buy him and see him in person. If he isn't for you, Sideshow seems to be good about returns and refunds!
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 12:56 PM   #743
Gekon
Blue Falcon

I'm not as big fan of spidey to get 1/4 scale statue of him. That's what i tought. And here i am, burnt all reward points plus black friday deal to order him. Dark mood of the statue fits perfectly with my collection theme. On pictures and movies he looks fantastic. Hoping for the same effect in person.
One of the best sculptures SS delivered.
Gekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 01:48 PM   #744
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Rock on! Yeah, a custom group did a great Mary Jane along with other Spider-universe ladies. I wish I had the latitude to jump on those.

You totally have time to consider getting this Symbiote Spider-man. It will probably be a while before he sells out, and even if he does you could still get him on the secondary market. If you want to take the plunge, buy him and see him in person. If he isn't for you, Sideshow seems to be good about returns and refunds!
I might consider him in the future, think I just need a regular Spider-man 1/4 scale to wow me first. There have been so many Spider-man statues, and while he is my favorite character, none have really grabbed my attention as must have. (a few temptations though)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekon View Post
I'm not as big fan of spidey to get 1/4 scale statue of him. That's what i tought. And here i am, burnt all reward points plus black friday deal to order him. Dark mood of the statue fits perfectly with my collection theme. On pictures and movies he looks fantastic. Hoping for the same effect in person.
Congrats Gekon, hope your Symbiote Spider-man comes in perfect.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 02:28 PM   #745
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Can?t go wrong on it. It?s a superb sculpt . Grats!
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 08:37 AM   #746
Gekon
Blue Falcon

Didn't impress me for first few minutes but after that i changed the lightining and it started to shine. Excellent sculpt. Painting depends on lightining and position but i just find a sweet spot for him to admire. There is a dark night with snow everywhere outside the window. Perfect mood for this statue. Highly recommending if You are on the fence.
Gekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 11:49 AM   #747
becakbagus
Hellboy

Quote:

Didn't impress me for first few minutes but after that i changed the lightining and it started to shine. Excellent sculpt. Painting depends on lightining and position but i just find a sweet spot for him to admire. There is a dark night with snow everywhere outside the window. Perfect mood for this statue. Highly recommending if You are on the fence.
perfect spot
becakbagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 02:48 PM   #748
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Well back in December 2020 I knew as soon as I saw the release this was going to be mine . As a huge fan of this costume and a kid of the 80s it was absolute no brainer . Today was the day. Big shout out to Comic 1 Books in Stoney Creek, Ontario. A shop I grew up with and great customer service ( Thanks Paulo ).

It’s a challenge to capture the mood of a character or in this case an evil living symbiotic suit. Sideshow delivered and some . From a prefect high perched position to his contorted compact pose the statue really coveys an ominous presence .

Paint was flawless as was the sculpt . All the pieces fit in easy and perfect . Small footprint and shipper box . This is a home run imo. The ability to pose this in different light will bring certain effects to boost the appearance even more from day to night those blues and greys in paint highlights will play nicely with lighting change .

I’m very happy Sideshow gave us something outside the norm for our wall crawler . I’m very happy with this!

Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 05:17 PM   #749
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Epic set up! Incorporating the art with the statues looks phenomenal!
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 05:18 PM   #750
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

Great pics Subby. They really did blow it out of the water. I can't stop looking at it off how great it is. It seems we're all happy we have it too with minimal critiques
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote