Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-27-2022, 12:34 PM   #491
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarim69 View Post
Momoa Aquaman.

As WB seems to be their main license, I also think we may see them revisit some of these characters in smaller scale.
Is that confirmed or just a guess?

Personally, I would like Man of Steel Cavill Superman first and then tackle Momoa later.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 12:36 PM   #492
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Personally, I would like Man of Steel Cavill Superman first and then tackle Momoa later.
Cavill Superman from JND is one that I'm very eager to see as well. So far I'm 7 for 8 on JND pieces though will likely have to slow down and become more selective but Cavill Superman is a must. I hope they don't skip over him.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 02:24 PM   #493
tarim69
Sailor Moon

A guess Iko.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 05:29 PM   #494
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarim69 View Post
Momoa Aquaman.

As WB seems to be their main license, I also think we may see them revisit some of these characters in smaller scale.
I have the 1/2 scale from Queen, and I’m not sure it would be the best choice to go for in this case. Of course there would be a market for a 1/3 as not many like the larger scale but unlike other characters in the 1/2 scale lines it has more or less been well received, and fairly recently too.

So much so that a 1/3 scale from JND will just be a miniaturised version of the 1/2 scale with ‘maybe’ a slightly better face sculpt, but for the same price as the 1/2 scale that also came with a silicone head and rooted hair.

I think going for a Cavil Superman or Affleck Batman would be a better choice before this one. The only reason to go with Aquaman is to pair it with Mera (which I guess would be a good reason in itself).
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 05:51 PM   #495
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Aquaman is a no brainer for me, not just for that last reason

It was an amazingly popular film, the sequel is coming out and he would look great next to bats and supes. Plus there's more 1/3 scale collectors than half scale, I know the fact they're normally more affordable is irrelevant with JND but people are prepared to drop big bucks on them
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 06:02 PM   #496
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Aquaman is a no brainer for me, not just for that last reason

It was an amazingly popular film, the sequel is coming out and he would look great next to bats and supes. Plus there's more 1/3 scale collectors than half scale, I know the fact they're normally more affordable is irrelevant with JND but people are prepared to drop big bucks on them
I know you’re right on all points, but it just seems a waste…….. to devalue my 1/2 scale j/k.
Old 02-27-2022, 06:15 PM   #497
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I know you?re right on all points, but it just seems a waste??.. to devalue my 1/2 scale j/k.
Lol the 1/2 scale is pretty much perfect from what I recall so no need to worry
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 06:28 PM   #498
pdenham
Teen Titans

If/when they do Aquaman, I'd expect it to be closer to the release of the next film which is the end of the year.

I also get the feeling they would be doing him in his alternate blue costume, as that's probably what DC is going to be pushing in the film's marketing and merchandising. Much like what they did with the golden warrior costume with WW, even though it wasn't all that significant to the story.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 06:38 PM   #499
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
If/when they do Aquaman, I'd expect it to be closer to the release of the next film which is the end of the year.

I also get the feeling they would be doing him in his alternate blue costume, as that's probably what DC is going to be pushing in the film's marketing and merchandising. Much like what they did with the golden warrior costume with WW, even though it wasn't all that significant to the story.
I hope you’re right on this score, for not so unselfish reasons
Old 02-27-2022, 09:59 PM   #500
tarim69
Sailor Moon

The higher end studios don't seem to be letting what others are doing affect their decisions/ releases.
We've had multiple studios releasing similar products lately. The many Jacquin and Ledger Jokers hitting the market around the same time rcently being a good example.

If JND think they can put their own stamp on a popular character and sell 1200 of them... well, there it is.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote