Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-02-2022, 02:15 PM   #1411
JanuaryStorm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Notice they dodged the question about Power Girl...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I think he was speaking in general terms about Suicide Squad pieces. Maybe Harley, Bloodsport, and Peacemaker aren't doing well.
>List basic museum-style statues of movie characters for more money than they ever have before
>Blame the consumer for not wanting to buy them
>???
>Profit...?
JanuaryStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 02:50 PM   #1412
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

They also skipped the questions regarding Burton's Batman and Star Wars
Liquid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 03:27 PM   #1413
MPCanes
The X-Men

Quote:
Beat me by 30 seconds!
Great minds think alike!
MPCanes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 07:06 AM   #1414
ENDO
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryStorm View Post

>List basic museum-style statues of movie characters for more money than they ever have before
>Blame the consumer for not wanting to buy them
>???
>Profit...?
Museum pose is definitely not a negative. Not everyone wants action poses.
ENDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 07:13 AM   #1415
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDO View Post
Museum pose is definitely not a negative. Not everyone wants action poses.
I think you missed the part about "for the most money they've ever charged before", which is the real problem and why so many pieces aren't getting traction.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 08:25 AM   #1416
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
I think he was speaking in general terms about Suicide Squad pieces. Maybe Harley, Bloodsport, and Peacemaker aren't doing well.
Ah, I see. Shame, but I wasn't sure that film had the interest to get people to buy $1000 statues. Be curious about their ESs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryStorm View Post
It was a hope, I'm now waiting for the next Showcase.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 09:22 AM   #1417
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Ah, I see. Shame, but I wasn't sure that film had the interest to get people to buy $1000 statues. Be curious about their ESs.
Is it really the film alone that influences what people are willing to spend? If so, I'm surprised at the relative success of WW84 figures, or Star Wars figures from the new trilogy.....to name a few.

I could imagine that quality, and product design play a bigger role. In addition, I think P1 has (by far) the worst marketing of the big players - they don't speak directly to the consumer, and "help" us to understand their pricing or design choices - sometimes, that's all it takes.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 10:23 AM   #1418
bmcd1985
Fantastic Four

Quote:
I feel like a lot of buyers would have picked up a $1,000 1/3 SS Harley or Peacemaker. A $1400 + $150 shipping Harley or Peacemaker? Not so much.
bmcd1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 10:39 AM   #1419
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Is it really the film alone that influences what people are willing to spend? If so, I'm surprised at the relative success of WW84 figures, or Star Wars figures from the new trilogy.....to name a few.

I could imagine that quality, and product design play a bigger role. In addition, I think P1 has (by far) the worst marketing of the big players - they don't speak directly to the consumer, and "help" us to understand their pricing or design choices - sometimes, that's all it takes.
I think Wonder Woman and Gal are popular even if some of the films she's been in are...less so.

I haven't seen many higher end 7-9 Star Wars statues myself, but companies like P1 don't have Star Wars license.

The Suicide Squad is intentionally D Tier characters (besides Harley Quinn) so that's part of it and the film (despite me enjoying it) didn't lit up the box office for various reasons. I'm not sure what they were expecting, but I think 100-200 is about what the ES would be for a Bloodsport or King Shark.

Hard to say, have to get in other collectors minds as the line was never really for me.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 10:47 AM   #1420
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Quote:
I think Wonder Woman and Gal are popular even if some of the films she's been in are...less so.

I haven't seen many higher end 7-9 Star Wars statues myself, but companies like P1 don't have Star Wars license.

The Suicide Squad is intentionally D Tier characters (besides Harley Quinn) so that's part of it and the film (despite me enjoying it) didn't lit up the box office for various reasons. I'm not sure what they were expecting, but I think 100-200 is about what the ES would be for a Bloodsport or King Shark.

Hard to say, have to get in other collectors minds as the line was never really for me.
Absolutely agree with your points. I was getting at the point that - I can imagine it's more "the rule of cool" driving sales rather than the (subjective) appreciation (or lack thereof) of the filmthe figure is based on.

I mean, I had no interest in Rae (see I'm not even sure if I spelt her name right, and I can't even be bothered to check) - but the Sideshow piece, as a generic Jedi Woman looks great.

On another perspective, could the lack of sales just be that we've reached the ceiling for what people are prepared to pay for a P1 product......that would be cool. To see the consumers actually controlling the market.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote