Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-13-2022, 02:33 PM   #11501
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I haven’t heard of that change, HBK83. I used almost $300 on the Storm PF last year.

RP will become even more of a joke if we can’t use what we have AND they expire.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 02:54 PM   #11502
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I haven?t heard of that change, HBK83. I used almost $300 on the Storm PF last year.

RP will become even more of a joke if we can?t use what we have AND they expire.
I just used $270 of mine at the end of April on one thing since they were set to expire on 5/1. Unless of course they have changed something since then.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 09:33 PM   #11503
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

So even though Star Wars Celebration is only 4 days, Autumn confirmed that Sideshow will be doing giveaways, livestreams, and whatnot that entire week (Mon 23rd - Sun 29th). So hopefully this will be at least a $25+ event for RPs
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 09:51 PM   #11504
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

side.show/mermay
May 20
12 PM Pacific time / Trivial Cahoots ---- 2PM Central time
5 PM Pacific time / That Sideshow Show *exclusively for members of Let Your Geek Sideshow 7PM Central time

I certainly hope there are more rewarding opportunities in the future. Pretty sure I'm going to making a big purchase soon.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 09:59 PM   #11505
Jombee
A day without sunshine is like... night.

It's clear they are basically killing the rewards chances. We will be lucky to get another 50-75 for the year.
Jombee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 10:26 PM   #11506
dmk
Fantastic Four

they don't even advertise rewards in the blog anymore other than "Winners get Sideshow rewards from Trivial Cahoots" , I doubt we'll see anything in this mermaid event.
dmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 02:12 AM   #11507
SickleClaw
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jombee View Post
It's clear they are basically killing the rewards chances. We will be lucky to get another 50-75 for the year.
Yeah I agree, I guess...it's just frustrating in that most people can't afford to buy more then maybe 2-3 hot toys or statues in a year. And the rewards expire after a year too...yeah, that doesn't fit well with me.
SickleClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 03:12 AM   #11508
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

If I can’t collect more than a Hot Toy in ‘free’ rewards a year, than I’m done with Sideshow direct. But then again I’m exactly the kind of customer that Sideshow doesn’t want as I order most of my pieces locally as it’s far more cost efficient.

And the only reason I’m partaking in their events is to score a free figure. Last year I was able to get almost two for free other than shipping, and the year before that it was one. So I guess that the free ride is over and that’s perfectly fine as it couldn’t last forever.

And given how much I spend overall on this hobby it’s pretty ridiculous how into I was in collecting rewards that pretty much amounted to literally 1-2% of my yearly preorders.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 03:45 AM   #11509
Pharmer
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post

And given how much I spend overall on this hobby it?s pretty ridiculous how into I was in collecting rewards that pretty much amounted to literally 1-2% of my yearly preorders.
Am I reading this correctly?if we got 400 dollars of RPs last year, that was 1% to 2% of your preorders or 20,000 to 40,000 USD?! I think you are EXACTLY the kind of customer SS needs either directly or indirectly!!!!!!!!
Pharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 03:58 AM   #11510
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmer View Post
Am I reading this correctly?if we got 400 dollars of RPs last year, that was 1% to 2% of your preorders or 20,000 to 40,000 USD?! I think you are EXACTLY the kind of customer SS needs either directly or indirectly!!!!!!!!
Yes. Unfortunately so. But I was more thinking a long the lines of $200/$400 in rewards over $20K.

But I order that mostly locally from Australian stores (Sugo and Popcultcha, the latter of which I believe sources most of my preorders with them via Sideshow), otherwise that number could increase by a potential 30-50% if I were to import. Keep in mind that a little bit more than half of the total cost of my preorders are for Queen Studio pieces. Many of my current 14 Queen preorders are for life size busts and 1/2 scale statues so it doesn't take much to add up real quick.

And given some of the pieces I order, it might seem odd that I collect Hot Toys too. But it was my original gateway drug into this hobby, and I've never been able to let it go. At last count I think I had about 22 Hot Toys on order.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote