Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-14-2022, 04:15 AM   #11511
Pharmer
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Yes. Unfortunately so. But I was more thinking a long the lines of $200/$400 in rewards over $20K.

But I order that mostly locally from Australian stores (Sugo and Popcultcha, the latter of which I believe sources most of my preorders with them via Sideshow), otherwise that number could increase by a potential 30-50% if I were to import. Keep in mind that a little bit more than half of the total cost of my preorders are for Queen Studio pieces. Many of my current 14 Queen preorders are for life size busts and 1/2 scale statues so it doesn't take much to add up real quick.
INVU
Pharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 04:23 AM   #11512
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmer View Post
INVU
I wouldn't. I kind of went shopaholic nuts over the course of working from home during COVID. My spending doubled

But hey, that's what credit cards are for......

j/k.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 02:39 PM   #11513
SickleClaw
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
If I can?t collect more than a Hot Toy in ?free? rewards a year, than I?m done with Sideshow direct. But then again I?m exactly the kind of customer that Sideshow doesn?t want as I order most of my pieces locally as it?s far more cost efficient.

And the only reason I?m partaking in their events is to score a free figure. Last year I was able to get almost two for free other than shipping, and the year before that it was one. So I guess that the free ride is over and that?s perfectly fine as it couldn?t last forever.

And given how much I spend overall on this hobby it?s pretty ridiculous how into I was in collecting rewards that pretty much amounted to literally 1-2% of my yearly preorders.

Yeah I guess im just sick of doing 'events' that involve me wasting an hour in front of my computer hoping for at least a 1 dollar reward... and we see the top 3 out of Hundreds get the 'big' rewards which are difficult to impossible to get. Yes Im talking about the recent trivia ones not giving rewards.

And what you said, the average person can probably just barely scrape enough rewards together to get maybe a 50 dollar discount on something throughout the entire year, if that. I think with the limitation on rewards, they want to try and prevent people from getting enough to get free figures.
SickleClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 01:07 AM   #11514
Pharmer
The Herculoids

If anyone wants to try a SWU code for $25 off $250, let me know. It’s not for preorders but for a lot of instocks.
Old 05-17-2022, 04:11 PM   #11515
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

That Sideshow Gameshow - Thurs May 19 at 8pm EST
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 04:35 PM   #11516
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmer View Post
If anyone wants to try a SWU code for $25 off $250, let me know. It?s not for preorders but for a lot of instocks.
All you have to do is enter Sideshow in google search and then click the ad website from the search results to get a SWU code.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 04:54 PM   #11517
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
All you have to do is enter Sideshow in google search and then click the ad website from the search results to get a SWU code.
I had no idea...good to know.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 07:40 PM   #11518
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Nor did I, thanks BurningRage
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 08:55 PM   #11519
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Nor did I, thanks BurningRage
Same here.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 01:20 AM   #11520
Pharmer
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Are these SWU codes only one use per account? I was trying to figure out how they worked. Any other codes that can be accessed another way (such as the $15 first account set up)? I don?t think they do the 10 to 15% pop up anymore to bump customers off the fence and buy what is in their cart (we used to leave the items in cart but didn?t check out right away and a code would pop up as an incentive to finish check out).