Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-29-2022, 04:46 PM   #3211
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
Did they actually claim that? If so, that's really ----ing dumb.
Speculation from fans actually, but it's the only possible justification for making it smaller. Although again, the bust dimensions seem to match so it could be the same size as the Chap and the pose is what's throwing us off.

But it really seems small. I have no idea how this will read until it's on the shelf.
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 05:18 PM   #3212
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Speculation from fans actually, but it's the only possible justification for making it smaller. Although again, the bust dimensions seem to match so it could be the same size as the Chap and the pose is what's throwing us off.

But it really seems small. I have no idea how this will read until it's on the shelf.
Or they just eff-ed up. P1 isn't great with scales.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 09:16 PM   #3213
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
How do we imagine this guy will be assembled? Will the torso, upper arms, and thighs be one piece? Will the torso be separated at the belt? Will the feet slot into the base or will they be fixed to the base already?

To those that have owned the CM, what was it like putting that one together?

EDIT:

Used Leo Leung's chart as a starting point and put together only the 1/3 and 1/4 statues based on the original films. There are inconsistencies due to the different focal lengths/angles the photos were taken, so take it as a ballpark comparison.

It's a shame Prime 1 conduct themselves the way they do and that certain pieces here have major flaws in their execution (the 1/4 CH and JH), but man... no other company is exploring these licenses in such a pure, accurate, and comprehensive way. If another company is able to produce Alien and Predator statues in the future, I hope they use these sculpts as a benchmark for how these characters are to be presented.
CM Predator was just the whole body minus the feet. The feet were already attached the base and it slotted like that. Forearms were separate as well.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 10:49 PM   #3214
pau123
Sailor Moon

Maybe Queens studio will get these license and give P1 a run at it
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 11:20 PM   #3215
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pau123 View Post
Maybe Queens studio will get these license and give P1 a run at it
They're coming out with an Alien bust this year. At least that was the plan. Hope to see something during the summer conventions.
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 03:08 AM   #3216
Halcyon
Loki

Some companies just take too long with actually switching to production.
e.g. Infinity with their Predator 1987

This is the last year I will PO any large scale statues.
Still pissed about the Predator 2 sculpt execution incl. unnecessary price hike (last big chap is proof) and the gigantic prices in general (even for garbage) and poor customer service (glue it yourself attitude) and a 98% re-release on top of that (even when i don't like any big chap designs).
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 08:29 AM   #3217
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
JH and Big Chap both confirmed 1/3 scales. Big Chap looks slightly under scaled to me compared to JH. While we never saw these 2 on screen together I always imagined Big Chap to be slightly bigger than JH. But maybe it?s not. But we do see Dutch vs Predator. Dutch is 6ft 2. JH apparently 7ft 2. Ripley is supposedly 5ft 10/11 and Sigourney Weaver is said to be 6ft at the time of filming vs Big Chap at 7ft 2. I think Big Chap will be much too big for the 1/4 scale Ripley but does look nice against the Warrior in the chart. It seems to me the Warrior will be 1/4 scale.
Bolaji Badejo (Alien) was 6'10" (208 cm)
Kevin Peter Hall (Predator) was 7′ 3″ (220 cm)
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 08:42 AM   #3218
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
JH and Big Chap both confirmed 1/3 scales. Big Chap looks slightly under scaled to me compared to JH. While we never saw these 2 on screen together I always imagined Big Chap to be slightly bigger than JH. But maybe it?s not. But we do see Dutch vs Predator. Dutch is 6ft 2. JH apparently 7ft 2. Ripley is supposedly 5ft 10/11 and Sigourney Weaver is said to be 6ft at the time of filming vs Big Chap at 7ft 2. I think Big Chap will be much too big for the 1/4 scale Ripley but does look nice against the Warrior in the chart. It seems to me the Warrior will be 1/4 scale.
Bolaji Badejo (Alien) was 6'10" (208 cm)
Kevin Peter Hall (Predator) was 7′ 3″ (220 cm)
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 09:30 AM   #3219
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
What really jumps out at me with this chart, is the Alien Warrior Drone. He's not no 1/3 scale! I have the Chap & Dog and was thinking of getting him later if it turns out with no problems....but he's too small looking.

I know his knees are bent, but just look at the size of his head compared to the others... What were they thinking? Same scenario that got me with....with the 1/4 Pred's not being scaled the same that bothered me. Come on man.
Predator:

Scale 1/3 Scale
Product Code MMPR-01DXS

Aliens Warrior Alien

Scale Non Scale
Product Code PMDHAL-02DXS

so i guess this was never supposed to be 1:3 scale. I think it looks pretty great next to Ripley!
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 12:49 PM   #3220
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post

A reminder of how awesome this beast is......
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote