Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 07-31-2022, 11:51 PM   #41
DevGuy
The Spirit

Actually, quite a lot of the Mini Epics do stand by themselves, but a small knock to the surface they're on can be enough to topple them.
DevGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 03:06 AM   #42
T-Rex
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I’m talking about bending on the plastic. In my case. The issue is not on the mini platform
T-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 08:18 AM   #43
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post

I promise this is just my experience. I?m glad to hear that with the cave troll you didn?t receipt yellow bad painted orcs, the right arm had not the seam badly sanded (or didn?t have de join because it was one piece as Weta promises the first time), don?t have the mouth that looks an Adidas classic...

For me the proof that weta has been going south more and more is that it can?t release a piece with a high production number like before, because they know the won?t sell it

ES being lower these days has nothing to do with quality, it has everything to do with more to choose from and higher priced pieces not everyone can afford. You can't compare the couple hundred-dollar pieces that sold many thousands in years past, that isn't fair to do. The high ES stuff of those days are the open ES pieces like the classics of today that probably still sell thousands during their run too.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 03:19 PM   #44
DevGuy
The Spirit

Quote:
I?m talking about bending on the plastic. In my case. The issue is not on the mini platform
Perhaps they are stored in a warm environment at times? They are PVC with somewhat skinny legs, and a few are top-heavy.

For what it’s worth I have the entire LOTR Mini Epics range on display and never had bending.
DevGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 04:01 PM   #45
T-Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
ES being lower these days has nothing to do with quality, it has everything to do with more to choose from and higher priced pieces not everyone can afford. You can't compare the couple hundred-dollar pieces that sold many thousands in years past, that isn't fair to do. The high ES stuff of those days are the open ES pieces like the classics of today that probably still sell thousands during their run too.
Absolutely agree. And from a logistics/ economic point of view I fully understand the move. Only produce for those who really deserve it (really deserve the price and to pay a lot for it). And that is why I don?t understand why buyers are not receiving masterpieces. Huge money, long waiting time, for receiving something not close to the concept piece... although I call it quality control I also could name it differently, but I prefer not to do so
Old 08-01-2022, 04:03 PM   #46
T-Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGuy View Post
Perhaps they are stored in a warm environment at times? They are PVC with somewhat skinny legs, and a few are top-heavy.

For what it?s worth I have the entire LOTR Mini Epics range on display and never had bending.
As a collector, they are sagely display into a an IKEA case with no direct light and a temperature controlled environment (20-25) degrees Celsius. I was amazed this happened. Weta only solved the issue with one piece, not the other ones...
Old 08-01-2022, 04:25 PM   #47
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:

For me the proof that weta has been going south more and more is that it can?t release a piece with a high production number like before, because they know the won?t sell it
What a ridiculous thing to say. How do you explain the high edition numbers for pieces they put up on a timed pre order? They sold far more Sarumans and Smaugs than I had expected. Weta statues sell. This latest MC is taking its time, due to the price mainly, but it will sell out.
Collectors have even been complaining that the edition sizes have been too high!
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 03:23 PM   #48
T-Rex

Ok, you can complaint that edition sizes are too high. I agree, ask Weta to release 100 or 200, not as much as they Pre-Sold. This will add value and exclusivity to the piece.

Years ago Weta used to released thousands. I have weta statues from 4000-5000 edition run. Nowadays they won’t be capable to sell that. Or maybe yes, I just don’t believe it.
Old 08-02-2022, 04:09 PM   #49
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:
Ok, you can complaint that edition sizes are too high. I agree, ask Weta to release 100 or 200, not as much as they Pre-Sold. This will add value and exclusivity to the piece.

Years ago Weta used to released thousands. I have weta statues from 4000-5000 edition run. Nowadays they won?t be capable to sell that. Or maybe yes, I just don?t believe it.
That was back in 2003!! As others have said, you can?t compare today to back then, at the height of the movies popularity. How many companies do you know that produce that many nowadays for any property??
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 06:03 PM   #50
T-Rex

I don’t know any other brands that produce LOTR 1/6 then I can not compare. But different brands build large runs for other properties (Goku, Joker, Marcel, DC etc).

Just to keep it clear. I’m not trying to change nobodies mind, I’m just trying to express my opinion about Weta and the reasons why I think them. And turning back to this post, for me is quite simple, I don’t trust QC from Weta since in my opinion production pieces are not close to concept ones. That is my trusted experience with the brand and different series from them. And for sure, I ve got very low expectations regarding any improvements os those wings seams... let see what happened after all. At least and at first sight, a dragon can’t go cross-eyed (as Galadriel classic series...)