Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 09-02-2022, 10:25 AM   #21
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Need to see more but I've been dying for a 1/3 Gal Wonder Woman and I am not a fan of the golden suit in JND's last piece (and the Prime 1 is pretty good but not exactly what I want). This will have to be PERFECT though for me to pay out what I'm sure JND will charge.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 12:08 PM   #22
RemydaGambit
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Well, this certainly will give people the chance to get the Golden Armor if they missed out on it as I'm sure you're gonna start seeing a bunch of them on sale.
Only completist will hold on to having multiples, but most people, if you can only have one, it would be in her BvS or JL suit.
RemydaGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 12:53 PM   #23
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemydaGambit View Post
Well, this certainly will give people the chance to get the Golden Armor if they missed out on it as I'm sure you're gonna start seeing a bunch of them on sale.
Only completist will hold on to having multiples, but most people, if you can only have one, it would be in her BvS or JL suit.
It is why I've waited.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 01:26 PM   #24
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Yeah... I don't know how I feel about all that exposed silicone on a single piece. I'm guessing I'll be dead by the time it breaks down?
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 01:58 PM   #25
Augen
Metal Men

Betting it will be amazing and beyond my range.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 03:21 PM   #26
chronos1919
Nightwing

As someone who has supported JND and bought every statue since 1984 WW, I can't say I'm excited for this news. I'll wait for the full reveal but I'm worried this is just an excuse to raise prices even higher... and they've already been rapidly rising.

At this point I'm more interested to see what their 1/6 offerings will be, compared to Inart/Queen and Hot Toys.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 03:22 PM   #27
Toaster
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Will probably see a lot of the Golden Armor JND's going up for sale so they can use the money for this instead. Maybe the prices people are asking for the Golden Armor will drop as well.
Good point. JND was wise to have their first WW be the golden armor knowing full well that fans will clamor for her OG outfit once they release it.

I am pleased that it is now official, but am disappointed that they are going for even more price gouging with this piece in particular.
Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 03:50 PM   #28
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
Good point. JND was wise to have their first WW be the golden armor knowing full well that fans will clamor for her OG outfit once they release it.

I am pleased that it is now official, but am disappointed that they are going for even more price gouging with this piece in particular.
Because of the nature of this character (the exposed upper chest and arms, thighs) it was going to have to carry a higher price relative to all their other pieces right off the bat.
A lot of us realized this when we were asking for it.

This whole "Platinum" spiel is just a marketing ploy to pave the way so that the eventual sticker shock that is going to come with this one, seems justified.

The problem is, right out of the gate they priced themselves as a "platinum" brand. Considering most of these have been nearly all cut & sew on cheap mannequins, with only the head and hands being some extraordinary media (for this scale) it's all a little off putting.
Even then too many of these don't even have the basic integrity to make even one shipping run unscathed.
That's not my idea of a premium product.

Seeing what Queen has been able to achieve, at a fraction of the price, has seriously taken the wind out of JNDs sails for some of us.

I have no doubt this will be a drool worthy looking statue when it's fully revealed. But a good % of that price tag is going to be based on JND marketing, not the methods and materials.
They are taking a fine art approach to selling their product where BS marketing hype is why you're paying $2000 for something another company could easily be charging $1200 for and still be making a profit.

More power to 'em if they can keep getting away with it. Over the long run, I think more people are going to get hip to what is really going on and that star is going to fall fast.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 04:28 PM   #29
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Because of the nature of this character (the exposed upper chest and arms, thighs) it was going to have to carry a higher price relative to all their other pieces right off the bat.
A lot of us realized this when we were asking for it.

This whole "Platinum" spiel is just a marketing ploy to pave the way so that the eventual sticker shock that is going to come with this one, seems justified.

The problem is, right out of the gate they priced themselves as a "platinum" brand. Considering most of these have been nearly all cut & sew on cheap mannequins, with only the head and hands being some extraordinary media (for this scale) it's all a little off putting.
Even then too many of these don't even have the basic integrity to make even one shipping run unscathed.
That's not my idea of a premium product.

Seeing what Queen has been able to achieve, at a fraction of the price, has seriously taken the wind out of JNDs sails for some of us.

I have no doubt this will be a drool worthy looking statue when it's fully revealed. But a good % of that price tag is going to be based on JND marketing, not the methods and materials.
They are taking a fine art approach to selling their product where BS marketing hype is why you're paying $2000 for something another company could easily be charging $1200 for and still be making a profit.

More power to 'em if they can keep getting away with it. Over the long run, I think more people are going to get hip to what is really going on and that star is going to fall fast.

I agree. As a "supporter" of JND, even I can see this for what it is.

I've been humbled by the 1/4 scale Black Widow piece, which, discussions of likeness aside - seems to have turned out beautifully......and in good old polystone. And we know that Queen can do the "rooted" hair thing as well.....

I'm going to keep calm until the reveal, and sticker price notification.....but I'm not naively going to get excited for this.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 04:43 AM   #30
redbloodedboy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

This is exciting ?.. will be interested to see how it looks.

I actually thought they may hold off and do a traditional looking Wonder Woman when the next Wonder Woman movie was released (even though still to be made) but guess I was wrong !
redbloodedboy is offline   Reply With Quote