Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-22-2022, 10:22 AM   #51
Augen
Metal Men

I am loving the show, it is easily my favorite on right now and among my tops for 2022.

Just about all I could have wanted, the characters, sets, acting, music, outfits, all of it is top notch and has me enthralled.

When a character simply enters a room and the consequences ripple with tension I know I am invested.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 11:26 AM   #52
nearmint
Phoenix

Another time jump in the next episode. Will the new actresses for Rhaenyra and Alicent measure up?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 11:27 AM   #53
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I can foresee some very confused viewers next episode who do not know this is happening.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 07:50 PM   #54
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Nope, it's boring AF. I absolutely LOVE Game of Thrones, but this show is moving at a glacial pace.
See I knew it wasn't just me lol. This is definately not a binge-watching series. I have to watch half an episode and take the rest of the week off before I even finish it lol.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 07:59 PM   #55
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Ok….when did Valyria fall? I know there are no Valyrians in GoT, but there are in HotD. Is “Old Valyria” still old in this series or is it more like “active Valyria”?

It’s been bothering me and I can’t figure out where it falls in the timeline, despite Google

Also, the last episode was solid. I don’t understand what benefit Alicent gets for doing her friend dirty. Rhaenera has never shown any aggression to her or her children, I wouldn’t see that changing once upon the Throne. It’s Dameon she’s gotta worry about no matter who is on the Iron Throne.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 08:15 PM   #56
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Ok?.when did Valyria fall? I know there are no Valyrians in GoT, but there are in HotD. Is ?Old Valyria? still old in this series or is it more like ?active Valyria??

It?s been bothering me and I can?t figure out where it falls in the timeline, despite Google

Also, the last episode was solid. I don?t understand what benefit Alicent gets for doing her friend dirty. Rhaenera has never shown any aggression to her or her children, I wouldn?t see that changing once upon the Throne. It?s Dameon she?s gotta worry about no matter who is on the Iron Throne.
Valyria was a grand empire in Essos, "The Doom" that caused its fall occured a little over a hundred years before the events in this show.

There is a Valyrian in GoT, Daenerys Targaryen has the blood of old Valyria.

When Valyria fell in the cataclysm only the remote lesser houses such as Targaryen and Velaryron survived being so far from the empire in Westeros.

Aegon (King Viserys Great Grandfather) in the power vacuum of a world where only he had dragons conquered six of the seven kingdoms of Westeros with his sister wives and founded Kings Landing and reset a new calendar.
Old 09-22-2022, 09:29 PM   #57
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Valyria was a grand empire in Essos, "The Doom" that caused its fall occured a little over a hundred years before the events in this show.

There is a Valyrian in GoT, Daenerys Targaryen has the blood of old Valyria.

When Valyria fell in the cataclysm only the remote lesser houses such as Targaryen and Velaryron survived being so far from the empire in Westeros.

Aegon (King Viserys Great Grandfather) in the power vacuum of a world where only he had dragons conquered six of the seven kingdoms of Westeros with his sister wives and founded Kings Landing and reset a new calendar.
Four! Don't forget Viserys and Master Aemon (until they died, anyway) and Jon Snow...
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 09:33 PM   #58
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I am loving the show, it is easily my favorite on right now and among my tops for 2022.

Just about all I could have wanted, the characters, sets, acting, music, outfits, all of it is top notch and has me enthralled.

When a character simply enters a room and the consequences ripple with tension I know I am invested.
I agree. Like with Homelander in The Boys, I can't predict what's going to happen at any moment in this show. Great tension.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 09:37 PM   #59
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Thanks, Augen! It was driving me nuts
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 12:03 PM   #60
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Four! Don't forget Viserys and Master Aemon (until they died, anyway) and Jon Snow...
Yes, I should have mentioned them as well. Loved Aemon, hated that Viserys.

The blood of old Valyria shines through often. It is why I think Tyrion Lannister is part Targaryen given his pale blonde hair and mix of eyes. This isn't conveyed in the show by Peter Dinklage or his dragon dreams.

Personally I think Jon's parents are Ned and Ashara Dayne so he's a Stark to me. Ashara is looking after Aegon, Rhaegar and Elia's son thought killed by Gregor Clegane.

We may never know, been waiting 11 years to find out.