Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-08-2022, 02:43 PM   #1491
DevGuy
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I have 10 PFs displayed right in front of closed blinds in Southern California with no air conditioning, and the only piece that I've ever owned with a leaning problem (Elektra) was displayed on the other side of the room.
Yep. Sounds an awful lot like design/manf defects blamed on collectors. These studios are putting out nice looking statues but boy do they treat collectors poorly (e.g. I had a poor experience with a studio that blamed me for their QC fault, luckily I had proof but it was a small battle).
DevGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 03:26 PM   #1492
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade82628 View Post
Actually Prime one does offer credits. My Aloy statue had a broken sash when arrived, and they give me three options. It was either full refund, partial credit if I can fix it myself, or a replacement part. I was too tired from my Sideshow mk7 maquette bs so I fixed it myself and got the credit.
When my Prime 1 Reika arrived with one wonky eye and paint missing in 10+ places, the only option Prime 1 offered was to return the piece.

I opted to keep the piece and pay a 3rd party company to re_paint the eyes and fix the hair issues.

I sent some images to Prime 1 to show them the fixes. Prime 1 replied that they were happy that i was happy with their statue complete with fixes. Any mention of store credit? nope!

The long and short is, Prime 1 customer service fails to come close to Sideshow Collectibles customer service. Over the past year, Sideshow CS has gone down hill.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 09:23 AM   #1493
Wade82628
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
When my Prime 1 Reika arrived with one wonky eye and paint missing in 10+ places, the only option Prime 1 offered was to return the piece.

I opted to keep the piece and pay a 3rd party company to re_paint the eyes and fix the hair issues.

I sent some images to Prime 1 to show them the fixes. Prime 1 replied that they were happy that i was happy with their statue complete with fixes. Any mention of store credit? nope!

The long and short is, Prime 1 customer service fails to come close to Sideshow Collectibles customer service. Over the past year, Sideshow CS has gone down hill.
Man that sucks, they didn't even offer a full exchange.
Wonder if you can return it and then buy it again.
Wade82628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 07:04 PM   #1494
RemydaGambit
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGuy View Post
UV light is not heat, infrared is heat. How does UV protection help prevent lean if lean is caused by heating the material?

https://www.layfieldgroup.com/geosyn...esistance.aspx

"...Ultraviolet (UV) light is the light at shorter wavelengths than visible light, past the violet end of the spectrum (ultra, or beyond violet). There are three categories of UV light, UVA, UVB, and UVC. UVA light is not normally strong enough to harm plastics. UVB usually does the most damage to plastics and is the type of light we need to test when checking plastic's UV resistance..."

"...Light degrades plastics by transferring its energy into the plastic. This energy can cause damage by creating heat or by actually breaking molecular bonds in a plastic's structure. Both the heat and the breaking of bonds can create a loss of physical properties in the plastic. The higher energy of the UVB rays causes almost all UV damage in plastics..."
RemydaGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 07:21 PM   #1495
RemydaGambit
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I have 10 PFs displayed right in front of closed blinds in Southern California with no air conditioning, and the only piece that I've ever owned with a leaning problem (Elektra) was displayed on the other side of the room.
You're in California though where you can get away having rooms with no AC.
Not sure if you can say the same if you are in Texas where Im at.
My Energy bill last month was $700, where we have had a record heat of over 105 degrees every single day.

Like I said, I was also thinking of putting some statues in front of the window, but when I sat in front of it, and later gradually felt the heat on my back...which I did not feel when I first sat down, I decided not to do it.
I suppose I guess it depends where you live. Personally, me being in Texas, I just dont think its worth the risk. For the price of these statues, I'd rather play it safe.
RemydaGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 08:02 PM   #1496
DevGuy
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemydaGambit View Post
https://www.layfieldgroup.com/geosyn...esistance.aspx

"...Ultraviolet (UV) light is the light at shorter wavelengths than visible light, past the violet end of the spectrum (ultra, or beyond violet). There are three categories of UV light, UVA, UVB, and UVC. UVA light is not normally strong enough to harm plastics. UVB usually does the most damage to plastics and is the type of light we need to test when checking plastic's UV resistance..."

"...Light degrades plastics by transferring its energy into the plastic. This energy can cause damage by creating heat or by actually breaking molecular bonds in a plastic's structure. Both the heat and the breaking of bonds can create a loss of physical properties in the plastic. The higher energy of the UVB rays causes almost all UV damage in plastics..."
I can copy paste from the internet too.

The point was that heat is allegedly causing the problem, and blocking UV does not block (the majority of the) heat.

And UV breaks down everything, sure, so UV will damage a statue but the first signs of UV damage will be the paint job, not leaning.
DevGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 07:07 AM   #1497
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

When is the next showcase???
Westhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 10:27 AM   #1498
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westhelle View Post
I haven't heard anything. Based off prior years late 2022, early 2023 be best estimate.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 06:24 AM   #1499
jonylin
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westhelle View Post
I think most people are expecting it in October.
jonylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 06:27 AM   #1500
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

But I want it now
Westhelle is offline   Reply With Quote