Statue Forum 





Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2022, 03:54 AM   #371
redbloodedboy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 179
Is anyone good at photo editing… who could find an image of the WW84 head sculpt and add a tiara? We could send pics to JND as well

I’ve messaged them on Facebook with this feedback

The WW84 is still in demand and I imagine if the new JL had the same head sculpt it would make it in demand even more as well
redbloodedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 04:12 AM   #372
Exorcist
Hellboy
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 812
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbloodedboy View Post
Is anyone good at photo editing? who could find an image of the WW84 head sculpt and add a tiara? We could send pics to JND as well

I?ve messaged them on Facebook with this feedback

The WW84 is still in demand and I imagine if the new JL had the same head sculpt it would make it in demand even more as well
It is almost sold out everywhere, and most collectors (that have actually bought the statue) are very happy with the WWJL HS. I myself for instance like it even more then the current WW84 version.

Is it Q4 2023 already? I cannot wait to place them next to each other to form an epic duo companion set
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AF6CDB06-87ED-448B-BF7E-FC973F4708FE.jpeg
Views:	96
Size:	517.3 KB
ID:	154385  
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 04:43 AM   #373
redbloodedboy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
It is almost sold out everywhere, and most collectors (that have actually bought the statue) are very happy with the WWJL HS. I myself for instance like it even more then the current WW84 version.

Is it Q4 2023 already? I cannot wait to place them next to each other to form an epic duo companion set
I have ordered it as well and whilst I do like it, I do prefer the WW84 head sculpt?. If you read Facebook chats on this and even on here? there is definitely more people not as in love with it as there was with the WW84?..
redbloodedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 04:51 AM   #374
Phoenixblazes
Green Lantern Corps
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,730
I can’t see them ever doing a cut and paste.

They ‘may’ make very slight alterations to the existing headsculpt, but highly unlikely they’ll do what you suggest.

If they did, they would have to cancel all preorders and re-up it all over again, and given that as far as they’re concerned it’s already sold out, why waste their time.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 04:52 AM   #375
ukshaun
Phoenix
 
ukshaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 12,211
JND sent an email today to inform me that the waitlist for JL WW 1:3 was available to join.
Anyone who missed out, might want to jump onto the list.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 04:54 AM   #376
Phoenixblazes
Green Lantern Corps
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
JND sent an email today to inform me that the waitlist for JL WW 1:3 was available to join.
Anyone who missed out, might want to jump onto the list.
It might just be easier to preorder from one of the retailers and secure a piece, then to join a waitlist that doesn’t guarantee a thing.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 05:12 AM   #377
redbloodedboy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I can?t see them ever doing a cut and paste.

They ?may? make very slight alterations to the existing headsculpt, but highly unlikely they?ll do what you suggest.

If they did, they would have to cancel all preorders and re-up it all over again, and given that as far as they?re concerned it?s already sold out, why waste their time.

That?s true? I kind of know they wouldn?t probably use the exact same but was more wanting to press the point about the mixed reviews of the head sculpt ?. I actuallly like it myself and think it?s simply because it keeps getting compared to the WW84?.. which actually makes me think.. perhaps Gal looked better in the 84 film overall including her hair style?. Compared to JL?. So maybe that?s why there has been some mixed opinions on this? the reality is she will look different and more JL rather then 84?.. so depending on where you think she looked her best in the two movies, will sway what you do and don?t like about this statue?.

Either way, I?m happy that I have ordered this and i have faith that JND whilst may not overhaul it completely, will do their best to make even slight improvements?

I can?t wait to have them both together !

Ps: @Phonenixblazes did you order from JND or Sugo?
redbloodedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 05:19 AM   #378
Phoenixblazes
Green Lantern Corps
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbloodedboy View Post
That?s true? I kind of know they wouldn?t probably use the exact same but was more wanting to press the point about the mixed reviews of the head sculpt ?. I actuallly like it myself and think it?s simply because it keeps getting compared to the WW84?.. which actually makes me think.. perhaps Gal looked better in the 84 film overall including her hair style?. Compared to JL?. So maybe that?s why there has been some mixed opinions on this? the reality is she will look different and more JL rather then 84?.. so depending on where you think she looked her best in the two movies, will sway what you do and don?t like about this statue?.

Either way, I?m happy that I have ordered this and i have faith that JND whilst may not overhaul it completely, will do their best to make even slight improvements?

I can?t wait to have them both together !

Ps: @Phonenixblazes did you order from JND or Sugo?
Sugo, as it'll probably cost us less. Though I'm not sure what JND usually charges for shipping.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 06:41 AM   #379
redbloodedboy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Sugo, as it'll probably cost us less. Though I'm not sure what JND usually charges for shipping.
For the WW84, JND charged me about $380 USD for shipping which is about $590 AUD shipping
redbloodedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 06:49 AM   #380
Phoenixblazes
Green Lantern Corps
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbloodedboy View Post
For the WW84, JND charged me about $380 USD for shipping which is about $590 AUD shipping
If that's the case, at an exchange rate of about 0.65, it'll cost about $6,439 to import (including 5% customs duties etc), which is more than Sugo's 6,099.

(Possibly even more if your card charges 3% forex).
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:31 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com