Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-05-2022, 07:10 AM   #381
redbloodedboy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
If that's the case, at an exchange rate of about 0.65, it'll cost about $6,439 to import (including 5% customs duties etc), which is more than Sugo's 6,099.

(Possibly even more if your card charges 3% forex).
Damn! Didn?t realise that when I ordered? I got nearly $100 USD bonus rewards points (from previous order with them) which I was able to use for this order ? but still even with that $100 USD reduction, I?m still paying more 😢
redbloodedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 10:14 AM   #382
thenic123
Doh!

Did the previous JND WW84 have implanted hair for eyebrows and eyelashes and the same question goes for this JL WW?
thenic123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 11:27 AM   #383
Exorcist
Hydra

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenic123 View Post
Did the previous JND WW84 have implanted hair for eyebrows and eyelashes and the same question goes for this JL WW?
Eyebrows no, eyelashes yes.
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 02:06 PM   #384
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbloodedboy View Post
Damn! Didn’t realise that when I ordered? I got nearly $100 USD bonus rewards points (from previous order with them) which I was able to use for this order ? but still even with that $100 USD reduction, I’m still paying more
Maybe, maybe not. It’s relatively simple math.

Note however that depending on how an item has been classified by the seller on the custom forms (note that customs themselves can alter this if they disagree) you may or may not get hit by the 5% customs. I more often than not got levied by it when I used to make large purchases through Sideshow.

Formula: [Item Cost + Delivery + Customs (5% x Item Cost) + GST (10% x (Customs + Item Cost + Delivery)]/(covert to AUD) + various Custom Handling Fees (Was previously a fixed cost of $83 + $22, but my last one a couple years ago was a total of +110 AUD).

For example: {($3,200 + $380 + $160(5%x$3,200) + $374(10%x($3,200+$380+$160)} = $4,114 USD/0.65 = $6,329 + $110(estimate) = $6,439 AUD

Or without 5% duties: ($3,200 + $380)x1.1=$3,938USD/0.65 = $6,058 + $110(estimate) = $6,168 AUD.

But with your $100 in rewards it’ll be less, as that obviously reduces the Item Cost in the equation. Add a further 3%? if your card charges for FOREX.

It’ll be useful if you had a copy of your last customs forms for your last JND order to compare. I had a simple account with DHL and I was sometimes able to download them when I received my orders from Sideshow (and I never got hit by customs with my orders via another US based company ).
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 12:42 AM   #385
pdenham
Teen Titans

The sturm und drang over the portrait is amusing.
Gadot, despite having a distinctively angular head shape, seems to have some of the most mecurial features I've ever seen. I've seen screenshots where she almost seems to be a different person, and others where she is unmistakably herself.
While I rarely find a portrait or likeness on these things to be "perfect", and usually see room to sharpen it up more, I honestly have no problem seeing a version of Gadot in this one. We'll see how the production pieces turn out, but at this prototype stage, this is the first full figure Gadot WW I find fully desirable. The P1 JL didn't really do it for me at $1200( or whatever it was) and I'm glad now I never snagged it. The portraits on the WW on horse and training version both looked great to my eyes, but either too large (yet about the same price as this for Pete's sake) or still not in the classic outfit.

About the only thing I'm regretting now is not waiting for Spec to get its PO's up before ordering. My rationale was dealing direct because of recent instances of quality control/damage and also because dropping it (should my feelings change at some point) would result in less of a deposit loss.
I realize now that taking into account a potentially fluid cost for shipping, that could spike at that time, along with an import duty, I would have probably paid less getting it at Spec. Would have been able to shave $100 off with reward points too..and gotten more back besides ( doubt they'll ever get used for anything else at JND).

Was expecting a similar mark up to previous JNDs like Mera, which was a hefty $500. At that rate it seemed to make sense just going direct.
Of course this one ends up being several hundred less this time.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 05:12 AM   #386
redbloodedboy

Quote:
Maybe, maybe not. It?s relatively simple math.

Note however that depending on how an item has been classified by the seller on the custom forms (note that customs themselves can alter this if they disagree) you may or may not get hit by the 5% customs. I more often than not got levied by it when I used to make large purchases through Sideshow.

Formula: [Item Cost + Delivery + Customs (5% x Item Cost) + GST (10% x (Customs + Item Cost + Delivery)]/(covert to AUD) + various Custom Handling Fees (Was previously a fixed cost of $83 + $22, but my last one a couple years ago was a total of +110 AUD).

For example: {($3,200 + $380 + $160(5%x$3,200) + $374(10%x($3,200+$380+$160)} = $4,114 USD/0.65 = $6,329 + $110(estimate) = $6,439 AUD

Or without 5% duties: ($3,200 + $380)x1.1=$3,938USD/0.65 = $6,058 + $110(estimate) = $6,168 AUD.

But with your $100 in rewards it?ll be less, as that obviously reduces the Item Cost in the equation. Add a further 3%? if your card charges for FOREX.

It?ll be useful if you had a copy of your last customs forms for your last JND order to compare. I had a simple account with DHL and I was sometimes able to download them when I received my orders from Sideshow (and I never got hit by customs with my orders via another US based company ).
So I managed to find the receipt and invoice I received at the time from FedEx for taxes and duty and I paid just under $540 AUD
Old 10-06-2022, 06:19 AM   #387
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
So I managed to find the receipt and invoice I received at the time from FedEx for taxes and duty and I paid just under $540 AUD
I just remembered I helped you with estimating what your taxes would be for the WW84 and I was only $15 off, which was due to currency moments and I believe Fedex charges less for customs handling etc (est. $87, rather the $110 I noted for DHL).

So unfortunately you'll have to use my first formula with the additional 5% duties etc, which means you'll be paying a bit more (the $100 in rewards helps), than if you had gone through Sugo ($6,238 vs $6,099), unless the AUD strengthens between now and your later payments.
Old 10-06-2022, 08:07 PM   #388
redbloodedboy

Quote:
I just remembered I helped you with estimating what your taxes would be for the WW84 and I was only $15 off, which was due to currency moments and I believe Fedex charges less for customs handling etc (est. $87, rather the $110 I noted for DHL).

So unfortunately you'll have to use my first formula with the additional 5% duties etc, which means you'll be paying a bit more (the $100 in rewards helps), than if you had gone through Sugo ($6,238 vs $6,099), unless the AUD strengthens between now and your later payments.
Thanks that?s helpful again this time round! Guess I just need to accept that I?ve paid a bit more then I should have!
Did you order WW84 from Sugo last time?
Old 10-06-2022, 09:02 PM   #389
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Thanks that?s helpful again this time round! Guess I just need to accept that I?ve paid a bit more then I should have!
Did you order WW84 from Sugo last time?
I did. But they weren’t able to fulfill it at the time. Supposedly it’s the only one that they had trouble with their distributor with. They gave me a nice not so little credit.
Old 10-06-2022, 11:21 PM   #390
thenic123
Doh!

@Phoenixblazes

Did you pay extra for the shipping insurance?
thenic123 is offline   Reply With Quote