Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 11-23-2022, 12:21 PM   #1221
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Not sure if I shared this before but do any of you guys have any interest in this dark wolf as a potential kit? He said he hasn?t gotten much interest so far so looked like he won?t make it. It is about 12? tall. He is going to as $125 plus shipping. I like it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FC945F5D-7C2B-4070-B15E-F1AA28DA449F.jpeg
Views:	12
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	155799  
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 12:25 PM   #1222
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Just checked with Quarantine and their DD on a horse is going to be 1/6 scale which I think is a good move by them and will increase their sales dramatically. They may also produce it in what he calls micro scale which I don?t know if he means mini or that 75 mm that we see so often in Europe.
Old 11-23-2022, 09:23 PM   #1223
Artie Lange
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
their DD on a horse is going to be 1/6 scale
They already confirmed it may be done in other scales as well.
Artie Lange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 10:49 PM   #1224
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie Lange View Post
They already confirmed it may be done in other scales as well.
As I said I just got a response literally today from QS confirming 1/6 scale and an as yet undetermined possible micro scale but no 1/4 scale. Feel free to ask them yourself if you want. When I asked if there was a possibility of a 1/4 scale they said no it has been done before and they were not going to produce that scale.
Old 11-24-2022, 12:27 AM   #1225
Artie Lange
Frackin!

Quote:
Feel free to ask them yourself if you want.
I already did, he said he was unsure because of the economy (which is funny because XM is pre-selling many 1/4 scale figures that nobody has even heard of before) but it was still a possibility.
Old 11-24-2022, 08:08 AM   #1226
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Whole reason the ARH Frazetta statues didn’t sell like hotcakes was because of the $800.00 price tag, at that time it was crazy expensive but fair priced IMO, that’s why I took a chance because I knew they were going to be a small run made due to the price, I knew it was gonna be impossible to get them on the secondary market.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 08:17 AM   #1227
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Don’t think it’s fair to people who took a chance to purchase in a particular scale, to have it produced later on in the same scale, which absolutely messes with the collectibility of the original.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 11:58 AM   #1228
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I also think QS will run into the same problem as Level52 in that China factories are no longer accepting really small production runs so if they want to do a second scale it would have to be a fairly good sized run and they would end up cannibalizing some of their 1/6 market to the 1/4 market because most people won?t buy both. One advantage QS has is they also sell kits. The only possibility I see for them offering a 1/4 scale is as a kit as they can produce them basically as ordered and not take a production cost and excessive inventory risk but just yesterday they told me they weren?t doing a 1/4 scale at all so I don?t know. I don?t concern myself too much with the aftermarket value or producing again except for the fact that there are so many that could be done like Silver Warrior for example but they keep redoing this one and while Artie disagrees I think the relatively small market is already saturated for that. I get that they sell endless variations and sizes of Magneto and Iron Man and Wolverine but I don?t think it will ever be that way for Frazetta stuff unfortunately.
Old 11-24-2022, 12:08 PM   #1229
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Has anyone ordered the QS DD3 and if so do you like it in person and what is the ES on that?
Old 11-24-2022, 01:47 PM   #1230
Artie Lange
Frackin!

Quote:
I get that they sell endless variations and sizes of Magneto and Iron Man and Wolverine but I don?t think it will ever be that way for Frazetta stuff
DD1 is Frazetta's Mickey Mouse, not like his other stuff at all and it's already had endless variations and sizes.

Again, XM is pre-selling four unknown property 1/4 scales at $1500, 200 edition each. Either they're just far more desirable than DD1, or QS is making poor business decisions.