Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-24-2023, 06:51 PM   #101
Bottled_Water
Birdman

Always liked the blue sided face. A couple of examples which look great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230124-174639.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	158341   Click image for larger version

Name:	ETZxV5FUYAACFKK.jpeg
Views:	47
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	158342  
Bottled_Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 10:59 PM   #102
dead bird
Doh!

Any Two-Face statue would have to suck *hard* for me to not buy it. I'd prefer a fully sculpted Two-Face but I'd take a mixed media if that's what I was offered. SS, TH, XM, whoever, I'm ready to PO.

I need something, damn it. I started following statue news this last year because I finally have money for statues and there's practically nothing based on the characters I most want to collect--which takes the fun out of it and makes buying other statues less appealing. Who wants to spend thousands on a line that excludes your favorite characters?
dead bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 11:09 PM   #103
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

So the announcement says a sneak peak into what's coming, so when exactly is the sneak peak into what's coming? That's the ONLY thing most people care about
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 11:21 PM   #104
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Pretty much. This event has either been uneventful so far or it's that no one's tuning in. We've still got a few days left so maybe there's still some cool reveals coming? Hopefully anyway...I wish they weren't locking it behind their Facebook group.
Agent_J.Warren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 11:50 PM   #105
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Yeah this is not an "Event" it's nothing so far, maybe they will show something new, who knows
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 03:45 AM   #106
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead bird View Post
Any Two-Face statue would have to suck *hard* for me to not buy it. I'd prefer a fully sculpted Two-Face but I'd take a mixed media if that's what I was offered. SS, TH, XM, whoever, I'm ready to PO.

I need something, damn it. I started following statue news this last year because I finally have money for statues and there's practically nothing based on the characters I most want to collect--which takes the fun out of it and makes buying other statues less appealing. Who wants to spend thousands on a line that excludes your favorite characters?
One of my favourite 1/3 scale statues I have from Prime 1 remains their AK Two Face. Other than the pose being 100% museum, the figure itself is near perfect imo. The sculpted suit is one of the best I’ve seen, and the face sculpt is truly impressive.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 10:22 AM   #107
Stricky
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
Agreed. Q3 2022 to now has left an impression that Sideshow is on its way out of the quarter-scale market. There have been a ton of deep discounts which also implies it is sitting on inventory that isn't selling. We also don't have a ton of new statues on the horizon for 2023.

Really hoping they show us some new Q4 2023 releases and beyond. XM hasn't had a huge lineup either which is concerning.
2022 was a very poor year for Sideshow 1:4 product reveals. XM's art direction has taken a severe turn for the worse and PCS and P1 have put all their eggs in the 1:3 basket. 1:4 scale comic book statues may soon be a thing of the past unless it's another Wolverine or Batman.

So many pieces on my wishlist that Sideshow didn't get round to: Stryfe, Sinister, Spiral, Spidey villains.... Time to pick up some older XM pieces I was hoping Sideshow would provide an alternative for. Hopefully Sideshow allow Iron Studios or Tweeterhead to do Marvel/DC 1:4 pieces if they've lost their appetite.

With no end in sight to price rises and shipping costs the future as I see it sits with 3D printing at home. The Patreon group sculpts are improving by the day and I've taken up painting/airbrushing in preparation. Time to ditch the statue companies that refuse to listen to what the core customer base wants.
Stricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 02:16 PM   #108
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead bird View Post
Any Two-Face statue would have to suck *hard* for me to not buy it.
This is the way I feel, if it would have to be extremely terrible for me to not want to bite.

I think Poison Ivy which was already leaked is going to be the only reveal we get this week.

I'm hoping that Spiderman being shown last week, Poison Ivy this week, means for a few weeks we get at least one reveal a week. But who knows
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 02:40 PM   #109
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottled_Water View Post
Always liked the blue sided face. A couple of examples which look great.
That Raphael Grasetti Two-Face would be perfect.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 06:11 PM   #110
AC_808
Hercules

Man ...all this talk about Two-Face is getting my hopes up. I feel like now they owe us one.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote