Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 01-27-2023, 04:28 PM   #71
Fullscale_PCS
Company Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Can anyone vouch for how close PCS production pieces come to the prototype? I'm very tempted by this piece, but I'm very wary doing pre orders these days. I've never owned anything PCS has made in the past....
you may discount my opinion as I work for PCS, but I am free to speak as a collector and I can definitely weigh in. (I have a large collection, 130 statues, about half of wich are pcs street fighters, marvel, movies, and wrestlers)

Our recent realistic releases like Last Ronin and Deadpool 1:3 are dead-on as far as matching the prototype. I was particularly impressed with Last Ronin. Our gaming statues that have 'flat' paint apps are always very tight. Clean lines. good masking. subtle shading. Our pieces are also customarily chunky and solid, so that adds to the feel of it being a quality piece, even though that can add to the shipping cost. We are working with our producers to make sure our production pieces match the paint master as closely as possible. We are being intentionally picky and lowering our edition sizes to make sure quality remains high. The "Premium" in our new name is actually our real goal. It's a long process to both a: up our game internally, and b: gain the support and trust of our collectors, and by extension, recruit new ones.
Fullscale_PCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 11:26 PM   #72
2006chaos
Fantastic Four

4 seconds to decide to get it, is all it took me to pre-order this statue. This is the only marvel character statue I ever would have gotten as I don't like mainstream comics and characters. Especially nowadays!

For me no Marvel or DC is my main rule for collecting but this is a bending of that rule for me. I won't be getting a different blade statue after this or anything else from the blade franchises after this statue. So my rule still will be to not get Marvel and DC stuff.

I do wish it was maybe 50-100 dollars cheaper thanks to the increasing shipping costs. But it can't be helped nowadays and I have been looking for a large blade statue like this since the late 90s early 2000s. This can easily have a custom-made 3rd head sculpt made to look 100% like Wesley Snipes. I probably will do that myself because the outfit looks like it was from a canceled unreleased blade 4 movie with Snipes. I also would like black sunglasses instead of red ones.

But I'm glad it's 1/3 it will go great with the other 1/3 statues I got in my collection for my private bar room. This blade statue will be great up front by the entrance as my bouncer! And the rest of my monster bad girls in the back areas of the bar room.

Now PCS needs to make Aspen Matthews 1/3 Statue and Sara Pezzini Witchblade statue in 1/3, and i will be very happy.
2006chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 12:50 AM   #73
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Welcome to the forum 2006chaos!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 04:42 AM   #74
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006chaos View Post
And the rest of my monster bad girls in the back areas of the bar room.
Let's see this bar room!
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 09:24 AM   #75
Graven
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
And without the sunglasses.

So, no Portrait without the sunglasses? Looked great there
Graven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 11:05 AM   #76
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graven View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Where is this?

At the same time, if I get this, I'd never display it without the sunglasses so I'm fine with the decision to not include it.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 11:09 AM   #77
Asgard
Deadman

I liked the movies with Snipes but I'm not a Blade fan.

But I like this statue. I'm really considering buying the statue, although I'm not a fan of Blade and that's not my area of collecting either.

Kudos to PCS for this Blade statue
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 03:36 AM   #78
Fullscale_PCS
Company Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graven View Post
I believe the licensing wouldn't allow it. I don't think he removes them in the game ever.
Fullscale_PCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 12:45 PM   #79
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I am beyond excited for this piece and am so pleased that PCS are directly talking about it here. A Blade statue in 1/3 scale that is dynamic and with multiple switch-outs. And the pricing is reasonable as well? This is only my second PO in the 24 months or so, and it is by far the easiest PO I have ever made. The things that PCS are saying about the weight and quality of the piece is also super-reassuring. And the ES is 400 and it is shipping September. Someone wake me I'm dreaming!!!
worstgamerever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 03:54 PM   #80
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006chaos View Post

But I'm glad it's 1/3 it will go great with the other 1/3 statues I got in my collection for my private bar room. This blade statue will be great up front by the entrance as my bouncer! And the rest of my monster bad girls in the back areas of the bar room.

Now PCS needs to make Aspen Matthews 1/3 Statue and Sara Pezzini Witchblade statue in 1/3, and i will be very happy.
I'd be a happy girl right there next to you.

I'd also like to add a 1:3 Savageland Storm and Rogue would be beyond amazing. In the meantime, I'm just going to sit here waiting (not-so) patiently for the Storm sneaks to begin.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote