Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 04-06-2023, 10:19 PM   #51
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Oof

I?m not quite understanding the movie comment in juxtaposition to XM. XM?s line is based off a modernized G1 and not the Bay or current movies. They?re quite larger than the PCS line and are twice as expensive than PCS?s. For the most part they sell out sans BB, Nemesis P and Rodimus all for opinions I?ve made over in the Galvatron thread. While I do agree most TF fans would prefer transforming toys, I don?t btw but I think you guys should have picked a size and stuck with it. I would have had no problem supporting a smaller line out of the gate but changing mid release much like IA did really hurt the line. I didn?t like how all the seekers looked the same either for the cost.

You guys released a banger of a Megatron though.
I agree with this. I did buy all 3 jets but was pretty disappointed they were jus identical repaints without even a foot or arm move change. The large Optimus and megatron are very cool though (have both of them as well). If it ever comes out I will be interested to see what their devastator looks like.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 10:45 PM   #52
GM4Life
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Could you give us any hint as to when the new 1:3 Robocop will be available for pre order?
GM4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 11:35 PM   #53
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiebot View Post
But XM aren't doing movie characters, they're doing G1 inspired characters. There are also plenty of westerners collecting them too as BBTS, Spec Fiction and several other shops can attest to. I think you dropped the line too early. Ant promised 5 dinobots to go with Devastator, so he should have seen that through at least.
Yeah then to add insult to injury they showed off that god awful Grimlock.

So you have folks who supported the large scale water decal TF’s, a smaller water decal line that doesn’t fit in the original line due to size. Grimlock who looks nothing like the water decals and now we’re getting Prime and Devy that’s going to look like BB movie pieces. This is why XM is successful. They haven’t change anything since Optimus. They’ve gotten better at 3D printing the parts and getting the finished pieces out faster, that’s it.

IA crashed and burned by screwing with their TF’s. SW-Rodimus were near perfect. Then the company cheapened the parts with Optimus, revealed the smaller dio line to go with Devy and finished with a Devy that has leaning issues and missing half the pieces to along with the dio. As of now they lost the license or didn’t renew it.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 11:54 PM   #54
Aussiebot
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Yeah then to add insult to injury they showed off that god awful Grimlock.

So you have folks who supported the large scale water decal TF?s, a smaller water decal line that doesn?t fit in the original line due to size. Grimlock who looks nothing like the water decals and now we?re getting Prime and Devy that?s going to look like BB movie pieces. This is why XM is successful. They haven?t change anything since Optimus. They?ve gotten better at 3D printing the parts and getting the finished pieces out faster, that?s it.

IA crashed and burned by screwing with their TF?s. SW-Rodimus were near perfect. Then the company cheapened the parts with Optimus, revealed the smaller dio line to go with Devy and finished with a Devy that has leaning issues and missing half the pieces to along with the dio. As of now they lost the license or didn?t renew it.
Yeah good point. PCS did a big middle finger to those who supported the cell shaded statues by stopping too early.
Now they want to do BB movie designs which ThreeZero already have covered with their extremely popular Premium & DLX lines. I really don't know what PCS is thinking.
Aussiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 11:10 AM   #55
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Yeah good point. PCS did a big middle finger to those who supported the cell shaded statues by stopping too early.
Now they want to do BB movie designs which ThreeZero already have covered with their extremely popular Premium & DLX lines. I really don't know what PCS is thinking.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 12:27 PM   #56
Fullscale_PCS
Company Moderator

Quote:
No. We would have continued the line if the cel shading didn't become prohibitively expensive. It's not a middle finger to anyone. We need to make enough on a line to keep the lights on and keep the factories interested in taking the contract. They were already pricey statues that didn't sell super fast. They sold well, but not like "we will make these at any cost" well. The factory was basically like "if you want more, we are going to charge way more to do these effects"...

You'll all like devastator and prime. They're not directly from bumblebee. That's just the best, closest reference I can use for the design aesthetic.
Fullscale_PCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 02:49 PM   #57
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullscale_PCS View Post
No. We would have continued the line if the cel shading didn't become prohibitively expensive. It's not a middle finger to anyone. We need to make enough on a line to keep the lights on and keep the factories interested in taking the contract. They were already pricey statues that didn't sell super fast. They sold well, but not like "we will make these at any cost" well. The factory was basically like "if you want more, we are going to charge way more to do these effects"...

You'll all like devastator and prime. They're not directly from bumblebee. That's just the best, closest reference I can use for the design aesthetic.
. Been hearing about this devastator for a few years now. Do you have any estimated timeframe when we will see it? I am still interested if it looks good.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 12:57 AM   #58
Aussiebot
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullscale_PCS View Post

Trouble is I've already got a whole bunch of ThreeZero figures that fill that detailed design aesthetic. Why would I then start collecting a line of fixed statues over something that is highly articulated and likely cheaper?

PCS should be doing something that nobody else is. Sorry but you've lost me as a customer. If you ever restart your cell shaded G1 statues I'll be back in a flash but until then...
Aussiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 04:19 AM   #59
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Trouble is I've already got a whole bunch of ThreeZero figures that fill that detailed design aesthetic. Why would I then start collecting a line of fixed statues over something that is highly articulated and likely cheaper?

PCS should be doing something that nobody else is. Sorry but you've lost me as a customer. If you ever restart your cell shaded G1 statues I'll be back in a flash but until then...
This is a question thread buddy.

Maybe start up a general customer complaint thread if you want to pursue the Transformer saga any further.

Yikes.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 08:52 AM   #60
MPCanes
The X-Men

Will steer this one back to questions…

Will the Rocky quarter scale line be mixed media or fully sculpted?
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote