Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-18-2023, 11:34 AM   #6161
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post

This picture best exemplifies it. The body language, the height, it all gives him a grace that's absent on the statue.

Then again, there are plenty of images where the creature comes off as more rigid and monstrous so it really depends on what aspect of the character you value most. I love what Prime 1 have done just as much as I love the idea of a statue that feels more like the picture above. I also don't see another company attempting that any time soon. It's a big ask of collectors and of factories as well, apparently.

Dude literally NO ONE would've ordered this piece if it was in that awkward pose. It literally looks like a man in a suit having trouble walking and seeing in an FX suit.

KPH grace for being a huge guy was certainly a sight to behold while wearing this awesome SWS suit. But people that are unhappy with this pose and repeasestiob saying it does not capture the grace of KPH is very foolish.

graceful
adjective
grace?​ful ˈgrās-fəl
Synonyms of graceful
: displaying grace (see GRACE entry 1 sense 3) in form or action : pleasing or attractive in line, proportion, or movement

This pose is the best we will ever get, and it does 100% capture KPH grace in form and in action despite being 100% still.

I see your ridiculous image you posted...and i raise you this image posted on page 13 of this lovely thread:

case closed.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 11:46 AM   #6162
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Hey SHOGUN, sent you a pm, just to let you know.
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 12:08 PM   #6163
predators87
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Anyone here going to get the P1 1/3 Berserker Predator?
I'm an avid fan of the 1987 Predator and I could close with that, but I wouldn't mind a few more Predators. With City I would do the duo P1 P2, but the choice made by Prime1 has almost eliminated my interest. The Berserker, you may or may not like the Predator, but it has a strong visual impact. The problem is that after the Jungle the prices of the other Predators have increased significantly in Europe. I would take them all if I could

for those who are not fully satisfied with the statue, I can understand them, it is not perfect, they have not corrected everything we asked for.....but the result and the size of this statue is the closest to the 1987 Predator. Beating this statue, at this scale, won't be easy and the price could be even heavier to swallow.
predators87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 12:09 PM   #6164
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post

Dude literally NO ONE would've ordered this piece if it was in that awkward pose. It literally looks like a man in a suit having trouble walking and seeing in an FX suit.

KPH grace for being a huge guy was certainly a sight to behold while wearing this awesome SWS suit. But people that are unhappy with this pose and repeasestiob saying it does not capture the grace of KPH is very foolish.

graceful
adjective
grace?​ful ˈgrās-fəl
Synonyms of graceful
: displaying grace (see GRACE entry 1 sense 3) in form or action : pleasing or attractive in line, proportion, or movement

This pose is the best we will ever get, and it does 100% capture KPH grace in form and in action despite being 100% still.

I see your ridiculous image you posted...and i raise you this image posted on page 13 of this lovely thread:

case closed.
Dude, I'm not arguing with you. Just offering an explanation as to why this statue might not scratch the KPH itch for some people. You consider the image I posted awkward -- and I understand your reasoning -- but clearly not everyone feels the same. I still agree this is the best Jungle Hunter statue ever made and will be for some time. I also think the pose in that image looks very natural precisely because it's like something a man would do. It feels less like a creature performing for the camera and more like something just existing.

This is all subjective stuff. It's never case closed. We can talk objectively about sculpt, proportion, and surface detail, but body language, gesture, and attitude are so open to interpretation. There are 15 year-old statues with soft sculpts or poor paint apps that compel me more than current ones simply because they capture the character in a way that matters to me. Maybe there's a personality to those pieces that speak to my idiosyncratic views. It's art at the end of the day. This sort of talk comes with the territory.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 12:16 PM   #6165
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

My retailer said they're expecting the cargo this week!
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 12:53 PM   #6166
jinkazama
Cobra Command

The only thing that would ever top this, is if P1 made a 1/1 Jungle Hunter.....
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 02:04 PM   #6167
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

The P1 Alien Warrior statue looks better as the conceptual art design, oppose to the guy in a suite look imo. It makes the Xenomorph's super creepy looking. Long lanky appendages. I'm looking forward to it getting soon. If they make a better Warrior years from now, I'll sell this one and upgrade.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 02:19 PM   #6168
Forps is back
The Avengers

Well, well, well.

Some guys already abandoning ship? Who would of thought?

And mind you. Not even 40% of the total ES (an insane total ES, you should have criticised Prime1 for milking this sculpt with such an outrageously high total ES) is in collector's hands.

This is going to become an odd case of a good statue being offered at -30% at aftermarket for yearssssssssssssss to come.

Already fights between collectors and guys speaking about inaccuracies, bad poses, ready to sell it etc?

I got my pop corn and soda and i am taking a backseat, lol
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 02:45 PM   #6169
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Oh, no it’s him again! You gonna tell us something about Gen Z ?
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 03:18 PM   #6170
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

You going to milk one person deciding to sell?
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote