Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-24-2024, 04:02 PM   #1661
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
I am happy to report that my replacement head has arrived and is without breakages. Flawless!

Congrats!
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 04:03 PM   #1662
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
I am happy to report that my replacement head has arrived and is without breakages. Flawless!

looks great!!!!!!!

congratulations!!!!!

Just curious, when a replacement portrait arrives from Sideshow, do they have specially cut out box/styrofoam made or is it just wrapped really well in bubble wrap.?
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 04:28 PM   #1663
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
looks great!!!!!!!

congratulations!!!!!

Just curious, when a replacement portrait arrives from Sideshow, do they have specially cut out box/styrofoam made or is it just wrapped really well in bubble wrap.?
It comes in a custom box, is wrapped in foam roll, then bubble wrap, then brown paper wrap loosely to absorb and hard handling.

bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 04:31 PM   #1664
SONICobra
Batman

happy to hear SS was able to take care of everyone, shes a stunner
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 04:37 PM   #1665
Onewiththeforce

Quote:
It comes in a custom box, is wrapped in foam roll, then bubble wrap, then brown paper wrap loosely to absorb and hard handling.

Ah, very cool.

I have yet to experience from Sideshow where a portrait or part needed to be returned or sent back but have always been curious as to the process and of course what to expect. Again, as I assume that over time there have been some portraits that have had to go back and fourth that maybe they would have specialized fitted boxes for just such a thing but I can see now that it is handled this way. I am so glad that there was no damage to the replacement and that they take just as much care with their Individual pieces as they did with the entire piece as a whole. I am still so stoked that the Ivy came with foam corner protectors as well as straps. I do hope this is a constant moving forward.

Congrats on everything going smoothly!!!!!
Old 01-24-2024, 04:46 PM   #1666
Bill Lehecka
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Are they still asking you to break the damaged head and send them proof it was destroyed? Or is that a practice that has been left in the past?

I know I had to destroy something like 2 or 3 heads before. It was kinda funny taking a hammer to them. But I eventually just pieced some of the together and made them a sort of bespoke art piece.
Bill Lehecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 04:52 PM   #1667
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lehecka View Post
Are they still asking you to break the damaged head and send them proof it was destroyed? Or is that a practice that has been left in the past?
They don't ask that anymore.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 04:55 PM   #1668
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lehecka View Post

I know I had to destroy something like 2 or 3 heads before. It was kinda funny taking a hammer to them. But I eventually just pieced some of the together and made them a sort of bespoke art piece.
They told me to just keep the damaged portrait.
Old 01-24-2024, 04:58 PM   #1669
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
Ah, very cool.

I have yet to experience from Sideshow where a portrait or part needed to be returned or sent back but have always been curious as to the process and of course what to expect. Again, as I assume that over time there have been some portraits that have had to go back and fourth that maybe they would have specialized fitted boxes for just such a thing but I can see now that it is handled this way. I am so glad that there was no damage to the replacement and that they take just as much care with their Individual pieces as they did with the entire piece as a whole. I am still so stoked that the Ivy came with foam corner protectors as well as straps. I do hope this is a constant moving forward.

Congrats on everything going smoothly!!!!!
Thanks @Onewiththeforce! In this case, Sideshow customer service, as usual, came through with flying colors! They are the best in the business. No one else even comes close!
Old 01-24-2024, 05:11 PM   #1670
Onewiththeforce

Quote:
Thanks @Onewiththeforce! In this case, Sideshow customer service, as usual, came through with flying colors! They are the best in the business. No one else even comes close!
I agree.

I have yet to come across any issues to date with them regarding customer service. I had an issue once with reward points but it was easily fixed through the chat line thy have. easy peasy.