Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 02-08-2024, 03:57 PM   #211
sabin23
Birdman

Has anyone PO'd?
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 04:54 PM   #212
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I should imagine so. Ant/PCS would have received a sample to give the factory the go-ahead, and to work out price point.
What the factory says they can do and what actually come out has many a time not been the same thing. I still the last thing I ever ordered from SS

What they showed

What you ended up getting

And the many MANY other examples of SS doing this bs.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 05:13 PM   #213
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
What the factory says they can do and what actually come out has many a time not been the same thing. I still the last thing I ever ordered from SS

What they showed

What you ended up getting

And the many MANY other examples of SS doing this bs.
It can be so annoying, getting something in hand that is not as good as the prototype.
Beyond the prototype, camera and lighting can also play a part.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 05:26 PM   #214
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin23 View Post
Has anyone PO'd?
Yes!
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 06:03 PM   #215
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
It can be so annoying, getting something in hand that is not as good as the prototype.
Beyond the prototype, camera and lighting can also play a part.
The weathering is almost entirely gone and the battle damage mark in the middle of the forehead turned into a ----ing circle with squiggly lines. A ing 3 year old could have done the pock mark on the forehead. Much less all the different colors and blending in the skin disappearing. It wasn't camera, it wasn't lighting, it was 100% not even close to what the prototype was.

There are tons of examples of it changing, and it's because the prototype is just much better, not lighting or camera work. Sideshow especially was king of making prototypes the factory was not replicating.
Old 02-08-2024, 06:38 PM   #216
Python
Omega Red

I had to do a double take.... That's my pic of the predator bust lol. Paint on it is definitely lackluster, but Sideshows Predator stuff in general is. I'll take a picture of it next to the prime 1 bust when I get a chance. The difference is night and day.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 06:48 PM   #217
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I had to do a double take.... That's my pic of the predator bust lol. Paint on it is definitely lackluster, but Sideshows Predator stuff in general is. I'll take a picture of it next to the prime 1 bust when I get a chance. The difference is night and day.
I just grabbed it from the thread so yeah probably yours :P I returned mine, though they didn't want to accept it and only after pressing they accepted it as a "one-time" thing. Yeah their Pred stuff was pretty crap, but so was plenty others. Even stuff that was decent was a big step down from the prototype like the Red Sonja She Devil with a sword.

SS was quite well known for making prototypes that looked nice but they were never actually going to produce at that quality. They are better these days but only because they've been forced to by competition, they would do the same ---- if they could I have no doubt about it.

And yeah the P1 1/3 bust is leagues better, I have that and the BD bust. Still waiting on the big guy himself to show up though.
Old 02-08-2024, 07:05 PM   #218
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I just grabbed it from the thread so yeah probably yours :P I returned mine, though they didn't want to accept it and only after pressing they accepted it as a "one-time" thing. Yeah their Pred stuff was pretty crap, but so was plenty others. Even stuff that was decent was a big step down from the prototype like the Red Sonja She Devil with a sword.

SS was quite well known for making prototypes that looked nice but they were never actually going to produce at that quality. They are better these days but only because they've been forced to by competition, they would do the same ---- if they could I have no doubt about it.

And yeah the P1 1/3 bust is leagues better, I have that and the BD bust. Still waiting on the big guy himself to show up though.
Most customers accepted what they were sent. Only did the cries and returns reach a fever pitch and mostly their competitors demand better results did Sideshow do better. But they still do it. Penguin looks real good but not like the proto with all that shading and details. Pulp Vixens, Batgirl, and Dazzler are going to be big challenges for them.

As far as this Species nobody's getting what they see here. How close and good will what we get be? Nobody knows, not even Ant.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 07:07 PM   #219
dao2
Cyclops

I said better not best :P They are still EA of the statue world IMO ^^
Old 04-13-2024, 07:42 AM   #220
Fiorwestcoast
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin23 View Post
Has anyone PO'd?
I pre ordered. I collect ALIEN pieces specifically the first 3 films that Giger was involved in. A species statue is definitely a Giger classic in statue collecting. Sideshow had their version years ago and it was a big deal at the time.
1/3 is also what I collect and the pice is nice. When the sculptor said it took a year to get the translucent panels right in her I went ahead and got her.
If pcs grow and does more classics we may get more from the 90s like Stargate horus anubus and Ra. Old license from sci fi films aren't expensive but are definitely cool af.
Fiorwestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote