Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-10-2024, 05:05 PM   #461
Forps is back
The Avengers

Guys, this is a future GRAIL.

Phillips is the best sculptor Sideshow got bar ofc Maria Panfilova.

The guy already sculpts the famous "Sideshow way" (i am bored to again analye what this means. I did it numerous times in the past).

Compare this 1/3 Wolverine to any 1/3 sculpts of that atrocious, BIG BOWENs LBS produces. LBS ones look AMATEURISH next to this SCULPTING MASTERPIECE.

The details, the realism, the refined lines, the depth in paint, LBS ones could be sculpted by a kid, this Wolverine is sculpted by a PRO.

I am impressed with Phillips. Sideshow should (if she already did not) sign an exclusive contract with him. NOW.

There are some guys sculpting years now for Sideshow, who STILL don't have it. Eg D.B. All of his male sculpts, ALL of them, still have that CUSTOM, that XM, vibe. I could immediately tell if a certain sculpt is Harbottle's, Panfilova's or Phillips on one hand or Bel's on the other.

You can get D.B., out of XM, but you are never going to get XM out of D.B, changing the famous motto.

Female sculpts suit him better. The latter also have a HIGHER MARGIN for error, sculpting inaccuracies, anatomy etc due to the crazy "thirst" for female statues making it easier to pass on mistakes provided that they are sexy enough.

GRAB this Wolverine NOW, guys. Phillips GOATed here.

The BEST Wolverine sculpt EVER.

Forps has spoken (Mandalorian-style). Nothing more to discuss here. Close the thread and move on
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 05:36 PM   #462
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
The portrait looks significantly larger than the two 1/4 scale pieces.

Yes, I was being sarcastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
When you get down to it, most comic book characters have unrealistic proportions. So this is nothing different.
True, but for Wolverine his head is way too small in this sculpt. I expect small head syndrome for characters like Hulk and Juggernaut

Grail?! I'm still waiting for TotT to reach $5k Forps.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 05:52 PM   #463
God
Frackin!
Adamantium Member

The one matter I am uncertain of is that I do not own any Marvel statues. I am considering to pick this up, but I cannot think of other pieces it would pair with.

Perhaps it could be the one statue I have that represents Marvel.
God is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 05:58 PM   #464
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I know head is not 1/4 but it looks small. I want to get this but...
Head too tiny. No brown suit. 1/10 would not buy. SSC is slipping. Chapter 11 imminent. #theantiforpsequation
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 06:13 PM   #465
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
Nothing more to discuss here. Close the thread and move on
One more thing...if the claws aren't metal, is it still a masterpiece? Asking for Zen
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 06:16 PM   #466
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
One more thing...if the claws aren't metal, is it still a masterpiece? Asking for Zen
Metal they need to be, my little padawan.

(don't know though whether Sideshow won't make them metal due to safety concerns)
Old 05-10-2024, 06:36 PM   #467
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by God View Post
The one matter I am uncertain of is that I do not own any Marvel statues. I am considering to pick this up, but I cannot think of other pieces it would pair with.

Perhaps it could be the one statue I have that represents Marvel.
This would make a great standalone piece, I'm not going to pair mine with anything. Now if you have the space and funds, get the LBS Hulk to pair with it

*Forps recoils in horror*
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 06:44 PM   #468
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
This would make a great standalone piece, I'm not going to pair mine with anything. Now if you have the space and funds, get the LBS Hulk to pair with it

Nope. I own LBS Hulk 1/3. It's LSB sole sculpt worthy to own. Yes, i own 1 LBS statue and 0 XM statues.

Nevertheless, it won't pair with this Wolverine. Wolverine is a short character and the latter combined with the chosen pose makes him look even punier (height-wise). LBS Hulk is a tall, imposing statue exaggerating the height difference between a short vs a tall, intimidating character.

God (lol) can get this Wolverine and wait for the next character offered by Sideshow in 1/3. Imagine a Sabretooth 1/3 sculpted by Canale (his last Sabretooth 1/4 is already a GRAIL).

This Wolverine 1/3 vs a Sabretooth 1/3. GRAILS GALORE!
Old 05-10-2024, 07:08 PM   #469
God
Frackin!
Adamantium Member

Quote:

It certainly is a piece that can stand well by itself. This sounds like the way.

I do have quite the space and funds available, though I'm not quite a fan of the LBS Hulk. It's well received by the community, though it hasn't hit me as well. Perhaps I lack the eye.

This Wolverine is the first Marvel piece that has caught my attention as well as it has.
God is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 07:16 PM   #470
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by God View Post
It certainly is a piece that can stand well by itself. This sounds like the way.

I do have quite the space and funds available, though I'm not quite a fan of the LBS Hulk. It's well received by the community, though it hasn't hit me as well. Perhaps I lack the eye.

This Wolverine is the first Marvel piece that has caught my attention as well as it has.
You've got a good "eye". Well, you are a God, so.....

Ofc there is no comparison between this MASTERPIECE (Wolverine) and LBS Hulk 1/3. I only got the latter and kept it due to not knowing at the time, if Sideshow would ever sculpt a 1/3 Hulk. I own the ECC 1/3 movie Hulk and i wanted a comic one. LBS Hulk is nothing special but it covered my needs. Nevertheless, the moment Sideshow puts up a Hulk 1/3 sculpted by Canale or Bergholtz, i am getting rid of that LBS. Then Forps owns 0 XM and 0 LBS statues. Perfect! I hate their 'sculpts", i loathe them.

Get this Wolverine sculpted by GodPhillips and simply wait for the next 1/3 by Sideshow. Problem solved.