Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 06-28-2006, 11:08 PM   #1
bjread
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Question Astonishing Angel ???

Maybe someone can explain this to me. Why is this bust being advertised as the Astonishing X-Men Angel MB?

Is it supposed to go along with the other Astonishing X-Men MBs? If so, why a different base? Why is he apart of the Astonishing X-men line when he hasn't made appearance 1 in the Astonishing X-Men comic? Any ideas or thoughts would be helpful here.
bjread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:14 AM   #2
DDura711
Kindly Asked To Leave

You think that's bad. In Feb they were selling the NY Comic Con version of him with a blue face. Makes no sense at all. It's cause Diamond blows.
DDura711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:27 AM   #3
moon_knight1971
Rescue

I thought the packing was MARVEL UNIVERSE ANGEL? That's just wrong to advertise it as ASTONISHING....
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:31 AM   #4
buchieboy

look at that face..its ugly!
buchieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:22 AM   #5
bjread

He does look like someone just walked in on him doing the five knuckle shuffle.
bjread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:56 AM   #6
MiamiLoco
BD is the best (and I'm not talkin' about Bowen Designs)!!!

Well, the blue face variant IS from the 3 issue Astonishing X-Men comic that came out a while back:

MiamiLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:28 PM   #7
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Ah-ha! Everyone must've been thinking Whedon Astonishing. Great pic Miamiloco...
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 01:25 PM   #8
Merlose
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

That Astonishing X-men was a 4 issue run years ago, why would anyone associate that bust with that title? If they're advertising it as Astonishing X-men they must be doing it because their other Astonishing busts have been successful. Angel is one of my all time favorites but even though I do like this bust (mostly cus I can't get enough Angel merchandise) it does have its problems. That base is down right awful, and what is up with his hair? Maybe diamond should run their concept scketches for mini-busts through a hair stylist first
Merlose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 01:35 PM   #9
MiamiLoco
BD is the best (and I'm not talkin' about Bowen Designs)!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlose
That Astonishing X-men was a 4 issue run years ago, why would anyone associate that bust with that title?
Actually, that Astonishing X-Men was the SECOND time that that name was used. The first time was during the Age of Apocalypse, which that was a 4 issue run. The second time was a 3 issue series that came out during the end of 1999:

Sure, they might use the name in order to cash in on the success on Whedon's X-Men run, but this series came right after Angel lost his metalic wings and he put on that costume. The variant is a good depiction of this time (blue skin) but I don't think he was ever white skinned in this series.
MiamiLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 02:33 PM   #10
Merlose
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLoco
Actually, that Astonishing X-Men was the SECOND time that that name was used. The first time was during the Age of Apocalypse, which that was a 4 issue run. The second time was a 3 issue series that came out during the end of 1999:

Sure, they might use the name in order to cash in on the success on Whedon's X-Men run, but this series came right after Angel lost his metalic wings and he put on that costume. The variant is a good depiction of this time (blue skin) but I don't think he was ever white skinned in this series.
Ah yes you're right, I could have sworn it was 4 but thats because it intertwined with the story of Uncanny X-men 375. I think it would make sense if the white version was the varient then. Did he ever wear that costume again once his skin tone turned back? I can't recall.
Merlose is offline   Reply With Quote