Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-14-2006, 11:36 PM   #11
misanthrope
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

saw them at vanderbuilt stadium in 94. by far the best live music experience of my life. reunion or not, id love to see em again.
misanthrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:42 PM   #12
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

I've been around long enough that I've pretty much seen all of the legendary bands from the early '70s right up through the '90s and beyond. Pink Floyd is right up there as far as live events. They were truly events. Saw The Wall live at Nassau Colisseum and it was amazing.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:31 AM   #13
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbyfan
How is doing a reunion show/album selling out?!?!? Isn't that what a band is supposed to do. Make music? Everyone wasn't lucky enough to go to see Live 8 in person.

I for one would gladly welcome them coming to Texas again, and I'd be there with a big smile.
it's selling out because of the amount that they have been offered to reform and tour
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsquid
joy division were you at Hyde Park for it??
I wish! But i did have a friend who did go. The irony being, that she left before Pink floyd played, due to her train
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:43 AM   #14
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division
it's selling out because of the amount that they have been offered to reform and tour I wish!
I don't know if I agree. I would see it as a sell out if they compromised their music for the money. I can't blame them for getting back together and touring if it took someone waving lots of $$$$$$ at them especially if I get the chance to see them again. Now if they turn out to be a shell of their former selves well........ but I don't see this as happening.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:50 PM   #15
BOSCO
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I`d say they`ve been offered mega money to do a tour,and i hope they accept as i`d love to see them live
BOSCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 10:37 AM   #16
joy_division

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1
I don't know if I agree. I would see it as a sell out if they compromised their music for the money. I can't blame them for getting back together and touring if it took someone waving lots of $$$$$$ at them especially if I get the chance to see them again. Now if they turn out to be a shell of their former selves well........ but I don't see this as happening.
Gilmour did an interview with Mojo magazine in april of this month

in it he said the folowing:

Quote:
[Of Live 8]:And on the night it was pretty damn good. I'm very glad to have put some of the...sh*t to bed

does this mean "closure"?
Closure feels pretty good to me. It also convinced me that taking a backward step into Pink Floyd, doing a tour, which we've been offered - riding the gravy train - has no appeal to me whatsoever, it wouldn't make me a happier person that I am. the thought of making an album with the old line-up like that...I...couldn't do it.

So no Pink Floyd tour...

No new Pink Floyd tours or albums, no.

Are you and Roger talking now?

erm, we;re not not talking. as far as I know, we're not not talking. But we're not talking either.
Judging from that statement, i don't think they will tour, and even if they do, I think that they will be a "shell of their former selves", as David seems like his heart will not be in the project, and tensions will be high amongst roger and david.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:59 AM   #17
metalsquid
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division
Judging from that statement, i don't think they will tour, and even if they do, I think that they will be a "shell of their former selves", as David seems like his heart will not be in the project, and tensions will be high amongst roger and david.
still can't ignore that smile they gave each other in Hyde Park though
metalsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 11:07 AM   #18
joy_division

yeah, but there's a difference between a one-off event for charity(after playing Live 8) Pink Floyd sales rose by 1.343% - proceeds were donated to charity)and a worldwide tour.

I could see them doing something like what cream did, Playing a few gigs a a location like the royal albert hall for a worthy cause
Old 07-05-2006, 08:37 AM   #19
LinkC
Sculptor
Producer

Yeeeessssssssssssssss!!!!!! Great news...

Mason:
"I call myself the Henry Kissinger of Pink Floyd!"

LOL... LOL....
LinkC is offline   Reply With Quote