Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 12-13-2014, 01:33 AM   #91
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Oh and I just saw Daigo, Bonchan and Fuudo. So hype for tomorrow!
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 01:57 AM   #92
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
It's hard to have a great story mode but also keep great characters.
I mean, of course I would love to see Go Hibiki and Goutetsu but if they stick to the timeline it's unlikely to happen.

I hope they introduce new characters as well.

I have a hunch something is going to happen with Charlie too. I know he's also supposed to be dead but Jerry said he's working on that statue...
You know... ...what about:

Rumor is Capcom will be upping the ante as far as story mode is confirmed, right? Story mode is the only mode that you would figure HAS to be canon. Versus match-ups could be "anything goes"...so WHY couldn't story mode feature flashbacks to these dead characters, even if the main portion of the story is set after III? They're selectable in the game; they stay dead(canon); we get to use them in versus match-ups of our choice. Win-win-win.

It's been a while for me, but is this not unlike Mortal Kombat (2011)'s story mode?

Anyone really against this idea? I know this would change-up Capcom's approach, but what would be the drawback of this?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 04:39 AM   #93
BornFreeSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
You know... ...what about:

Rumor is Capcom will be upping the ante as far as story mode is confirmed, right? Story mode is the only mode that you would figure HAS to be canon. Versus match-ups could be "anything goes"...so WHY couldn't story mode feature flashbacks to these dead characters, even if the main portion of the story is set after III? They're selectable in the game; they stay dead(canon); we get to use them in versus match-ups of our choice. Win-win-win.

It's been a while for me, but is this not unlike Mortal Kombat (2011)'s story mode?

Anyone really against this idea? I know this would change-up Capcom's approach, but what would be the drawback of this?
This is genius.
Old 12-13-2014, 05:55 AM   #94
darkdealx
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Lightbulb

Very true and well said.

If we look at timeline of the game. It was thought that Bison died from Akuma's Raging Demon. Then Bison comes back in SFIV. The Alpha series had given us a chance to play as Charlie, however nothing is concrete in regards to his death. (So reappearance HIGHLY POSSIBLE). Gouken finally became available from fanbase demand and turning that legendary 'You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance' into a factual character.

What I would like to see is how did 'Remy' from SFIII have the same fighting style as Guile/Charlie? I guessing wildly either Guile/Charlie had taught him the style?

I hope Q will make an appearance or be a Sub-Boss again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
I think so. He apparently knew how to put himelf into a coma or something.....funny thing is in Assassin's Fist Goutetsu gives Gouken a scroll to prepare him for Akuma. I always wondered is that scroll is some technique to to somewhat nullify the full kill of the Raging Demon.

But who knows?

It's hard to have a great story mode but also keep great characters.
I mean, of course I would love to see Go Hibiki and Goutetsu but if they stick to the timeline it's unlikely to happen.

I hope they introduce new characters as well.

I have a hunch something is going to happen with Charlie too. I know he's also supposed to be dead but Jerry said he's working on that statue...
darkdealx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 12:42 PM   #95
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Well lets see what happens this weekend with any new info.

Long as rose is in the game ill be happy, even if she's not there from the start but gets added in down the line if they do Season add ons etc...
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 11:15 PM   #96
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

CHARLIE IS BACK!!!
Old 12-13-2014, 11:21 PM   #97
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Looks like a lot is added to the game now, to make each char more effective with what ever this new system is.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:21 AM   #98
BornFreeSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
Looks like a lot is added to the game now, to make each char more effective with what ever this new system is.
Yep. Lot's to analyse. Really early days. I expect to see 1/2 of this stuff make it. 1/2 of it get removed.

Besides the gameplay whoch overall looks pretty exciting, I f#cking hate the bowl of noodles on the head.

Yeah, kind of funny on Chun but seriously can't have that happen to Akuma.

I really hope Ono doesn't make the game too silly.
It will be like the equivalent to Roger Moore's portrayal of Bond. That stuff gets old fast.
I want a level of seriousness to the game. Again, the Bond franchise is a good parallel.

If there's going to be a bowl of noodles on Akuma's head for a round then I hope there are more serious equivalents like a large splinter of wood that skewers your leg.
This isn't Super Smash Bros...
Old 12-14-2014, 12:37 AM   #99
BornFreeSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdealx View Post
I wonder if Gill is going to be the last boss again? Or if it'll be a power struggle between the Shadaloo & Illumanati? Or in fact Gill was Bison's superior all this time, but just observing from a distance.

And I hope they bring 'Q' back!!

Oh my goodness ....just had a nerdgasim. Lol!
So, given we now saw that Charlie has the same gem in his head as Urien, I think he's an Illuminati clone.

See this from wiki.

"During the events of Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, Urien longs to overthrow Gill by creating his own army of super-soldier clones with the G-Project."

Question is how do the Illuminati get Charlie's genes from Shadaloo?
Does Urien do a deal with them?
Or does the Illuminati overthrow Shadaloo?

So, your power struggle idea may be right....
Old 12-14-2014, 12:53 AM   #100
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

I'm ok with the bowl on the head to start a round, but the very first hit should knock it off.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote