Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-27-2014, 05:42 AM   #91
demonhunter
Kingpin

Oh yes,sir. they are freakin awesome & signed. I'm so happy.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 06:18 AM   #92
iceprince_x
Deadman

Thanks demonhunter for the information about Top Cow...this will be my major hunt!!!! More definite than Phoenix.
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 09:20 AM   #93
demonhunter
Kingpin

Iceprince,
I just can't stop imagining the amount of details that will go into the Witchblade gauntlet and body armour XM/HIVE style. It's gonna be wicked!

Yeah, I think I'm starting to forget about Jean Grey Green Phoenix now. Lol.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:33 PM   #94
ChromeColossus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhunter View Post

Iceprince,
I just can't stop imagining the amount of details that will go into the Witchblade gauntlet and body armour XM/HIVE style. It's gonna be wicked!

Yeah, I think I'm starting to forget about Jean Grey Green Phoenix now. Lol.
I just wonder if they have entertained the Idea of Lighting up the Two main Jewels on the Gauntlet?

hmmmmm

ChromeColossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 09:57 PM   #95
demonhunter
Kingpin

Just watched a special 1 hour long special report on XM Studios on Channel News Asia last night.

The report showed how XM Studios began, what was the drive behind the Ang brothers, Ben, Seng & Clair.

What lead them to set up XM Studios.

Their work ethics, their visions for the collectibles industry & their creative processes and more.

What I liked was when a video showed Ben in a China factory, he told the workers this when inspecting the workmanship on the statues and not too pleased with some of the outcome & wanted them to do better:

"Remember, you are making art. This is art. You have to keep that in mind. We are not machines or robots. We are producing fine art."

The statues were then marked on various parts that needed improvements & workers had to redo them to the exacting standards set by the XM Management.
Old 12-27-2014, 10:28 PM   #96
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

This is why I love xm, inspect in China factory is the main point of QC, they make sure all their statue have no factory issue, not like other big company who doesn't care about QC at all.
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 05:20 AM   #97
acme1982
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Just watched a special 1 hour long special report on XM Studios on Channel News Asia last night.

The report showed how XM Studios began, what was the drive behind the Ang brothers, Ben, Seng & Clair.

What lead them to set up XM Studios.

Their work ethics, their visions for the collectibles industry & their creative processes and more.

What I liked was when a video showed Ben in a China factory, he told the workers this when inspecting the workmanship on the statues and not too pleased with some of the outcome & wanted them to do better:

"Remember, you are making art. This is art. You have to keep that in mind. We are not machines or robots. We are producing fine art."

The statues were then marked on various parts that needed improvements & workers had to redo them to the exacting standards set by the XM Management.
Can you post this video? I want to see thanks.
acme1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 07:15 AM   #98
demonhunter
Kingpin

I can't post the video because I didn't video record it, and the prerecorded show was first broadcasted yesterday on Channel News Asia. The show is called Fortune From Fun.

However, you can still watch it if you wait. I think CNA will archive it here on their website and you can play it online. Maybe 1 week or 2 weeks later.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/tv/tv...e/1541412.html
Old 12-28-2014, 08:42 AM   #99
acme1982
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
I can't post the video because I didn't video record it, and the prerecorded show was first broadcasted yesterday on Channel News Asia. The show is called Fortune From Fun.

However, you can still watch it if you wait. I think CNA will archive it here on their website and you can play it online. Maybe 1 week or 2 weeks later.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/tv/tv...e/1541412.html
Thanks!
acme1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 09:55 AM   #100
demonhunter
Kingpin

Went to speak with and see the designer for many of the XM Studios pieces, Studio HIVE crew who were at the local Comic Fiesta for 2 days(Kuala Lumpur). Today was the last day.

Studio HIVE's creative director was very kind enough to do sketches for fans, and I also asked for one too.

My sketch by Studios HIVE's Skan Srisuwan. It's non other than one of his favourite characters from Konami Metal Gear Solid games. The cyborg Ninja, Raiden! It's so awesome!

I also did a sketch of Solid Snake and presented to them as a gift.

With this event, more and more people in Malaysia will know about Studio HIVE & XM Studios. Awesome. Everybody said the designs of the XM Studio Magneto & Thanos & Wolverine were friggin fantastic.