Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-05-2016, 09:55 PM   #91
New Collector
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
The miniscule blue dots on the shoe of Dr. Strange is not really an issue....the printed page on Dr. Strange's book is placed upside down I think....clearly a mistake.
Hi loric, thank you for your reply.

Similar to ambasah, it seems that you feel that it is quite normal for a 1/4 scale statue to have "random paint dots" on the statue.

Please provide me with any examples of 1/4 scale statues that you currently have in your collection that have "paint dots" in any areas that they should not have.

I have 1/4 scale statues from iron studios, ss, gg, and pcs, and not one statue has paint dots on any of their shoes, or anywhere on the statues. (I have statues where paint has slightly gone over lines, etc, but none have paint dots on them).

Anyways, thanks, No hate towards you, Happy Collecting and may the statue gods look after thee.
New Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:09 PM   #92
New Collector
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifixion View Post
The problem with the book thing is that even for that we're just taking his word for it. He has a picture of the front and a picture of the back.
If I were to supply you with video footage of me turning the cover of the book over to prove that it is all upside down you would most likely claim that it was some sort of "slight of hand" and that I was a magician or something

The thing that I would have thought should concern you more is the fact that xm studios claim that "every single box from the production factory - not one less - is opened up and checked for factory defects or poor quality" and that they claim they have "a dedicated QC environment that is separate from the production factories. That's right, we added an additional extra QC phase before XM products reach Singapore for the final QC".

If this is true, how is it possible that my Dr. Strange passed these checks ?

I find it very hard to believe that these statements from xm are true.
Old 07-05-2016, 10:16 PM   #93
New Collector
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalblade View Post
My good luck streak with XM ended with the Thor that I recently received. Paint chip on the wrist of the spinning hammer and cape. If I get a fix, it's probably going to cost me a lot to send the defective parts back.
I'm all in with XM but if something does go wrong, then it's a pain to get it resolved. I may not like Sideshow's mostly unimaginative pieces and price, but they do you right with trying to fix any flaws that you have.
It seems like XM quality is all good until something goes wrong then it's a nightmare trying to get a resolution. Sideshow quality isn't great but they have good customer service to try to fix it.
Hi immortalblade, Thank you for sharing the problems that you have had with xm studios.

I am sorry to hear that your xm thor has problems.
I hope that it does not cost you too much $$$ to have these faults repaired and that you end up with a good repair job.

Thanks again immortalblade, Happy Collecting, be lucky.
Old 07-05-2016, 10:18 PM   #94
New Collector
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifixion View Post
Important part there is 3rd party. And I don't think immortal said anything wrong, not like New Collector.
What did I say that was "wrong" ?
Old 07-05-2016, 10:33 PM   #95
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Collector View Post
Hi Shorudan,,, long time no hear. ...

1) Now, before I go any further, I would like to thank you for your reply, I have no hate towards you shorudan. This is business and I do not like the ways that your company conducts itself in regards to customer service and other aspects. I appreciate that you have taken the time to write your reply to me, I only wish that you had of shown the same amount of concern when we originally had our e-mail correspondence.

There was obviously concern when Bryan initially responded to you...otherwise...he wouldn't have responded at all. How is it that just about everyone else on this forum understand the situation with being handcuffed from helping someone fix a problem with a statue they bought from a third party except you?

2) You assumed incorrectly shorudan, as nothing was ever resolved and the whole thing has left a bitter taste in my mouth in regards to xm studios. This is why I no longer purchase from or support xm.

Shorudan obviously admitted his assumption was a mistake on his part...but then again...you also take the blame for not bringing the situation back up to either him or the 3rd party from whom you originally bought the item from (which is the way you would or should have gone about it). So this retort of yours was more or less throwing salt on the wound so to speak....real classy NC.

3) You say: - "Your comment on XM is not competent enough to organize international shipping. It's really not that simple. There are contractual reasons why we can't - It's not that we don't want to but we can't". (shorudan, if this is true, please explain why "Iron Studios", "Coolprops", "Prime 1", and a handful of other manufacturers have international shipping through ss and you guys do not ?).

Competency has nothing to do with this topic. Furthermore, HOW THE HELL CAN BRYAN ANSWER THE QUESTION YOU ASK WHEN HE IS NOT PART OF OTHER COMPANIES? Meaning...he has no clue how contracts, stipulations, etc. are done. This is one of the most silliest questions you pose. Furthermore, why do you think XM HAS to have international shipping through SS? This company made products for the territories listed...NOT FOR YOU. You decided to acquire their products...just like anyone of us outside the listed territories they can directly sell / ship to. XM is doing fine without international shipping...maybe it's because those other companies NEED HELP going through an American distributor to get more notoriety for their brand of statues. This whole point is about as moot as a fly you can't see on the other side of the world. Pfft.

4) It is just unfortunate that it took public humiliation on the Statue Forum to get you guys to do the right thing. This seems to be a common thing with xm only doing the right thing when they feel that they are forced to do so.

If this isn't the most untrue statement you have made...then I don't know what is. What public humiliation? Just from that statement alone...you have revealed your true purpose of trying to humiliate XM...ONE THAT YOU HAVE FAILED TO DO. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt bringing up a few valid points. But your retorts clearly have some vitriol to them even though you try to appear to be nice (like a devil) but have the utmost bad intentions for XM. SMH...what a shame...what a shame I CAST YOU OUT SATAN...SPAWN OF HELL!!!!

5) You will find that the more recent PO products such as Ghost Rider and Kraven - what you see on our website is pretty much what you'd get". - Not completely accurate shorudan as I have seen photos showing a number plate on the rear of the Ghost Rider - so I guess I am confused as many other collectors are.

It's probably removable or an option...or something that may not even make it on there after all. XM OBVIOUSLY CARE ENOUGH to take comments and opinions on the plate...but I guess you are ignorant to this situation. Won't jump on you for this though NC...that happens. People miss things or make mistakes all the time....whoop...unless you are XM Studios...cause they have to be 100% perfect.

Thank you for the offer shorudan - "For now, please drop me an email and let's sort out your Dr Strange book defect asap. If you have other XM statue issues, we do provide repair services (chargeable) but I will waive it for you (you'd need to pay for shipping though).
5) I will respectfully decline, I am not interested in doing business with xm studios and would prefer to work more over-time at work and just pay to fix these things myself without any other dealings with xm. Again, I only wish that you had of shown this same concern when we originally communicated with each other, perhaps things would be quite different if that had of been the case.

So you still want to get the Mysterio though? If you had any integrity...you would demand your money back from whoever 3rd party you went through and proceed to sell and or destroy any and all of your XM products. If I was as disgruntled as you are...I wouldn't touch XM or any company with a ten foot pole. If you really want to see a deceitful and problem company that tries to rip you off...go look at SYCO collectibles. Night and day difference.

Again, thank you for your reply, no hate towards you, this is business and I have chosen not to deal with xm studios.[/QUOTE]

Thank God and good riddance!!! If this was me...I would pay refund you the money and refuse service to you for good! Not worth the headache...really.

Happy Collecting
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:59 PM   #96
Unknown Hero
Justice League

Agreed. A claim to be a "warning" was nothing more than a rant. For someone who has been collecting for so long seems to be really naive despite the number of rational explanations. Since he wants XM to be like Cool props or Prime 1, I wonder why he kept buying after so many times he received "defects."
Unknown Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:00 PM   #97
ambasah
Red Skull

sigh, I give up. Honestly, this thread should be closed now mods. everyone has had their say.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:21 PM   #98
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScootS View Post

Trolls like to keep responding to individuals with questions as that 'forces' a continuity
This statement is so true, yet I didn't really realize it until you just said it!
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:38 PM   #99
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Collector View Post
I will respectfully decline, I am not interested in doing business with xm studios and would prefer to work more over-time at work and just pay to fix these things myself without any other dealings with xm. Again, I only wish that you had of shown this same concern when we originally communicated with each other, perhaps things would be quite different if that had of been the case.

Again, thank you for your reply, no hate towards you, this is business and I have chosen not to deal with xm studios.
Indeed, I wish things could have turned out better. I am unable to comment on why we can't distribute globally or why we have limitations in assisting customers our of our operating zones but I respect your decision and I wish you all the best in the hobby of statue collecting. Collect what you like and enjoy the hobby! All the best and hopefully one day we will win you back.
shorudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 01:55 AM   #100
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Firstly, don't put words in my mouth please. Secondly, I didn't respond to you...I responded to VS...lastly...but now that you have raised my ire...a diatribe I now compose.

Let's get to the solid points you have of this thread.

1) Yes, there are some flaws that you have pics of (some really piss poor like Black Bolt), but I can see the imperfections...I think? The Dr. Strange is clearly a boo boo...a mistake that should be rectified. Having it put on upside down is definitely a goof up. The Ms. Marvel base situation is clearly something that happened during shipping...I would think that could be recitified by someone in your area with some apoxy/resin and a paint up...sure...you shouldn't have to, but the issue is there...so are you going to just let it sit broken or do something about it.

2) No...I don't think the pics of problems you show is nitpicking...they are legitimate. The nitpick which is clearly not a flaw but a design choice is the Medusa slot that holds the trident / scepter. I will give you this...XM could have added a little plug to add to that section when the trident is not in place. XM usually address and adds those little things, and has done so in all of their other pieces. So, yes, there could be something that XM could have done for that...but it is not necessary. The point of Medusa is that it is there meant to be displayed. My thinking is that XM added that in case no one owns Black Bolt. For those that do, the trident is an option for BB, one of the reasons I like having the option / choice of switch out parts. IMO, what if BB never had a trident included...would it make the statue any less impressive? No....absolutely not...at least not IMHO. I've never even seen BB use a trident in any of the comics I have read with him in it. Each statue is a product in and of itself...unless XM states otherwise. So Medusa is meant to have that staff displayed.

3) This, outside of the BB and Dr. Strange book (a clear mistake) is a big thing I think XM needs to change...UPDATED PICS TO RELEASED OR PO STATUES ON THEIR WEBSITE IF THERE ARE CHANGES. And NC...that has already been addressed by myself...or rather...I have brought it up to XM directly on facebook. Great point you brought up...and quite honestly...it is something I thought about but never mentioned...because it wasn't super important to me since I know / knew of all changes or additions before the PO went up (with the exception of the added true silver antenna of BB).

All these points I just addressed are very valid and they are by NO MEANS TRIVIAL. Good job on this...and believe me...I don't see any disrespect intended in this regard.

NOW FOR THE NONSENSE!!!!!!!!

1) Everything else you said about "AD" or choices in certain pieces you listed. Nuff said! But if you want me to retort to each individual "issue", I would be happy to.

It seems to me your biggest problem is ignorance...not as human...just in the case of purchasing XM statues. Everyone else has already mentioned where XM can and can not sell...however, with Worldwide products that would be different.

All I can tell you...which I can definitely understand gagaliya's point...is DO NOT BUY XM PRODUCTS if you have had this many problems in this company's short lifespan. No product from any company I have seen has been completely perfect. Some have sure come close....many XM products, a few Gentle Giant products, maybe about 4 or 5 Sideshow products and Prime 1 seems to be pretty fantastic with their QC and paint apps. I don't want to fail to mention PCS has a few exceptional pieces as far as QC goes.

The interesting thing that you never point out is how...the majority of people that have received an XM product get a highly impressive statue...one that simply can not be questioned when it comes to a company caring about it's products. Maybe you should have titled this thread:

MY XM STUDIOS QC PROBLEMS / ISSUES (QUALITY CONTROL)

because that is what this practically is. Gagaliya does not own any XM products so he is ignorant to the quality of XM. There is one guy in the Q & A section of XM that did not receive a Ms. Marvel poster and is waiting on getting one...apparently he did not get the memo about being outside the approved territories. This has been the single most worst experience of his life so he says. Then this leads me to dino76...hmmm...same situation as you it seems.

All this is actually bad for you two...but balancing for XM...because it shows that they are not perfect...and it gives them something to want to be better. So I am actually not bothered by this topic you posted because others will be able to see "NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW OF IMPERFECTION."

You see NC...I in my reviews have stated in the open any flaws I recieved on my statues (however miniscule they may be)...so there's no need to hide...no need to skimp on details to make XM look better or less flawed. XM is out in the open...and their practice of getting fan interaction is the single best thing I have seen in this hobby of ours. XM obviously cares enough for the customer to try and give them the best product possible.

Take Spider Gwen for example, a damn near finished Spider Gwen and they decided to go back to the drawing board and come up with a great new concept which I am sure they will show when they are ready to. You can't appease everyone, so sometimes, changes that some like others don't. So some are going to be let down by that...can't be helped.

I feel for you NC...and dino76 (a bad experience from only 1 statue...very unfortunate though). Others have had issues and it seems they were addressed. I received my Ant Man redone head about 3 months ago...free of charge from my friend that helps me acquire XM products overseas. So these issues are addressed. The Black Widow leaning issue was clearly a problem that was addressed. Mine never had that problem so she was fine for me. Up till this time...the biggest issue XM has had IMO is the Phoenix / Jean Gray headgate issue.

XM has a long way to go in improving in certain areas...they even know that themselves. You have to know your deficiencies to change or correct things. Female portraits are looking better each character they do.

So there you have it...if I feel I missed anything I wanted to share I will post it. I can tell you this...you ain't seen nothing yet NC...there are things to come that will floor folks...new licenses that will be most welcome and most wanted. I have a feeling Transformers will FLOOR FOLK, especially if you want something G1 just more detailed and not overexaggerated like Prime 1 (don't get me wrong...I like that too...very nice). And I'm so happy I'm getting CHILLS right now.... That will completely fly over most people's heads.

Happy collecting NC...cause I know I sure as hell will!

You writing a book bro? I will remember not to raise your anger.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote